Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Email on Blackberry

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a Blackberry Bold which used to be a Corporate phone. It was connected to the Blackberry server in work and delivered an exceptional service. However for financial reasons my company decided to dispense with the server and switched to Android phones on OWA for email.

I still have the BB and I have tried to connect it to the OWA email system as well as my own email server. However it wouldn't allow me as it was connected to the BES and didnt recognise any other sort of email accounts.

I did a security wipe and a full firmware upgrade to delete the IT Policy on it in an effort to get it to connect. That was no use

I then completely wiped the OS and reinstalled it......again no use as it wants me to put in an activation code for the BES.

Any idea if I can sidestep that issue and connect directly to my email on yahoo or eircom etc?

Thanks for any suggestions

Hugh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Well there you have it lads...............no one has a clue

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

When you go to set up, then email accounts, do you not get the option between Enterprise Account and Internet Mail Account?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

This may depend on whether IMAP is enabled on your Exchange server but if it is you can use a 3rd party email client on your BB. Doesn't use BES or BIS, just directly accesses the mail server over your data connection.

I use Logicmail on my Bold with a few IMAP accounts.
    http://www.logicmail.org/

HTH

Advertisement