Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 2 year level 8 Course?

Options
  • 24-10-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi I'm looking to do a 2 year,NFQ Level 8 course.
    I know there is 3 year ones but 2 would be ideal.
    And if they were health science related it'd be a dream :D
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I don't think there is any as far as I'm aware. There's 3 year degrees but I don't think any relate to health sciences though !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm pretty sure Level 8 requires a minimum of X amount of credits over a certain time period. Why do you want something so short? It would be fairly incomparable to someone having sat a 3 or 4 year Level 8. I know they are the same on paper but the work load difference would be huge.

You maybe could collapse two semester's into your summer terms, but you'd be effectively doing a 3 year course over a solid 2 years (No break) I'm not aware of any course where you can do this expect Master's level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

There are people who have transferred from a level 7 Science Degree to a Level 8 Science to start in 3rd year. So effectively, 2 years of level 8 but with recognition of prior learning.

Advertisement