Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat frog

• 24-10-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭

i have/had a really big frog that lives in my back garden
    every day or two , me and the kids will go out "hunting" and find the frog ,
    they love it and the hunting ritual.

well i was just out in the garden , its dark and i stood on something squishy,
    i got a torch and to my horror , its the frog , flattened and bits oozing from it

and making it all more gruesome , i got a spade to pick up the victim and the blastard hopped away from me :eek: , its in bits but still alive !!!

hope to christ the kids dont find it - that would be some Halloween horror

so the question, have any of the AH'ers killed or maimed a family pet or and friends pet ?? ** accidents only **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

dj jarvis wrote: »
    i have/had a really big frog that lives in my back garden
    every day or two , me and the kids will go out "hunting" and find the frog ,
    they love it and the hunting ritual.

well i was just out in the garden , its dark and i stood on something squishy,
    i got a torch and to my horror , its the frog , flattened and bits oozing from it

and making it all more gruesome , i got a spade to pick up the victim and the blastard hopped away from me :eek: , its in bits but still alive !!!

hope to christ the kids dont find it - that would be some Halloween horror

so the question, have any of the AH'ers killed or maimed a family pet or and friends pet ?? ** accidents only **

Ahh! I was with you until this part and looking forward to posting too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I tried to make a catdog once but it didn't survive.

Aw, did he croak it? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

No but I have 2 lovely frogs that live in my greenhouse and and hoping my dog doesn't get them:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

toads amazeballs:pac:

Seriously though, aren't most frogs protected by law. Expect a knock on the door anytime soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Once I was walking home and saw a little frog hopping along the path headed for the road.
    Spent ages trying to get him to safety - sent him hopping the other way towards a green area.
    Was happy enough, so continued on my way home.
    Heard a car coming so turned around just in time to see the little froggy go smish under the wheels of the car :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get your kids to lick the frog, it will be like fear and loathing in las vegas - irish style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Seriously??

You obviously missed this one :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221805

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

girl2 wrote: »
    Seriously??

jesus h christus :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

I licked a green fat frog once, tasted fruity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I left my sons hamster in the kitchen overnight after I had cleaned its cage.

Kitchen window was open and the poor bugger froze to death :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gronemeyer

My granny killed my sisters budgie years ago. She was half blind and offered to look after it when we were on holidays, my sister said yes, as a result the budgie was on a diet of sand for 2 weeks which no doubt contributed to it's death less then a week later :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I once shot my cat. Then the neighbours cat, and then the neighbours neighbours cat... I carried on in this trajectory until pretty much there was no cats left in the neighbourhood, no more meowing, ha ha.

I then pranced up and down the street singing Memory. When I explained the situation and told them it was all one bit of understanding, well the neighbours didn't exactly belive me.

I'm in a mental institution now, ha ha, fecking cats, mad things

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

How were you planning on getting ribbet it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Markcheese

mauzo wrote: »
    I left my sons hamster in the kitchen overnight after I had cleaned its cage.

Kitchen window was open and the poor bugger froze to death :(

Yeah, sure it "froze " to death .... Sure you weren't zapping it in the microwave... Or a bowl of water with the toaster just to see what would happen...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I had a mate who always got the wrong end of the stick.

He suffocated trying to shove himself up a gerbil's ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Cat + Warm Tumbledryer + Unaware Mother

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    toads amazeballs:pac:

Seriously though, aren't most frogs protected by law. Expect a knock on the door anytime soon

I have this vision of the frog going into a Garda station to press charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I licked a green fat frog once, tasted fruity.

OMG, I'm sick and would LOVE a Fat Frog icecream right now. :mad::(

Speaking of Frogs/Toads - Cane Toads are pests in Australia. People tried killing them by using them to test their golfing swings, but the feckers turned inside out. :eek: Best way to kill Cane Toads - put them in a freezer bag and freeze them to death! That's what I read on a poster outside a shop in the outback!!! Magine, in getting your frozen peas and the toads riggling, half dead beside them. Ew.

Markcheese wrote: »
    Yeah, sure it "froze " to death .... Sure you weren't zapping it in the microwave... Or a bowl of water with the toaster just to see what would happen...

No he definitely froze, god Im going to cry thinking of the poor little dude freezing all night and then just dying...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Larianne wrote: »
    OMG, I'm sick and would LOVE a Fat Frog icecream right now. :mad::(

Speaking of Frogs/Toads - Cane Toads are pests in Australia. People tried killing them by using them to test their golfing swings, but the feckers turned inside out. :eek: Best way to kill Cane Toads - put them in a freezer bag and freeze them to death! That's what I read on a poster outside a shop in the outback!!! Magine, in getting your frozen peas and the toads riggling, half dead beside them. Ew.

Jesus Larianne!

Would be a great idea for Halloween, jam a stick up it and freeze it...duely hand them out to the kids.

benwavner wrote: »
    Jesus Larianne!

Would be a great idea for Halloween, jam a stick up it and freeze it...duely hand them out to the kids.

Dip them in chocolate first! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I have lots of frogs in my back garden too. I love them and love seeing/observing them. They're so cute, but I cant count the amount of times Ive nearly blended one with my lawnmower. Luckily none yet.

Fat frogs did not have chocolate.

Fat frogs did not have chocolate.

That might have worked though....like the top of a Loop the Loop...mmmm

Jesus Larianne!

Tis true!!

Evil, but I like it! :pac: Do it once, you'll never have kids come knocking at your door at Halloween! :D

That might have worked though....like the top of a Loop the Loop...mmmm

Or big toe of a freaky foot..

Tis true!!

Evil, but I like it! :pac: Do it once, you'll never have kids come knocking at your door at Halloween! :D

I'm dreading Halloween, although, the kids are getting spanish onions dipped in chocolate and sprinkles instead of chocolate apples.

Little fookers. :P

Or big toe of a freaky foot..

Awww, now you are speaking my language!!!! Can you still get them?

Remember chilly willies?

• Advertisement

Awww, now you are speaking my language!!!! Can you still get them?

No :(
    Remember chilly willies?

I most certainly don't!

No :(

I most certainly don't!

Aw, you missed out!

Afraid to ask what it is/was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

No he definitely froze, god Im going to cry thinking of the poor little dude freezing all night and then just dying...

He probably just went into hybernation mode, seemingly dead, and woke just as the toilet was flushing him away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Aren't frogs a protected species in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

ScumLord wrote: »

Yea, but its hard to protect against accidents.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »

Well that poor little guy wasn't being protected, someone isn't doing their job right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I was once meant to look after my mothers birds when she went on holidays, a week in I remembered the birds, one was dead, he was quiet old and I guess just couldn't hack it, the other was fine, a bit skinny, but fine.

I felt so guilty as they were in the house so I passed them atleast a few times a day, it just completely slipped my mind :(

Also once ran over a rabbit, it was definately someone's pet as it was white and I would say that it escaped from a hitch or something, couldn't avoid it, when I heard the thump my heart sank into my stomach. Poor little guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yea, but its hard to protect against accidents.
    Health and safety would say otherwise, the garden should have been cordoned off and made into a frog reserve. This was an accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

girl2 wrote: »
    Seriously??

that was by far the funniest thing i have read in months... cried with laughter:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Markcheese wrote: »
    Fuc k it,if I was a gerbil Id rather freeze to death than suffocate up Richard Geres sherriffs badge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What did you do with him in the end? He needs a belt of that spade I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yeah, you need to finish him off rather than leave the poor fecker suffer. It also gives you the chance to dispose of the body and conceal your crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Oh, and quickly find a replacement frog, or you'll be forever a murderer in the kids eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Abi wrote: »
    Oh, and quickly find a replacement frog, or you'll be forever a murderer in the kids eyes.

jesus dont say that :eek:

and to add to my kill streak , today on the n11 i vaporized a pheasant,
    it was standing in the fast lane with it's back to me , oblivious to the belt it was going to get

a car was in the inside lane and loads of traffic behind me , so i could not avoid him , and normally they cop on and get the fook out of the way,
    but not this bucko - back of the head at 80 , looked in the mirror and it was snowing feathers and gizzards - when i stopped i had a look at the car and my poxy front grill is gone :eek:

i really feel sorry for it - he didn't see it coming
    im going to hell

Advertisement