Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schmidt and Bender Klassik 4-16x50 "long Range"

• 24-10-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Selling this straight up now, so starting a new thread to keep things neat.

It's in good nick. Has one scrape on the objective bell, but that's had zero effect on its image clarity or tracking. It's perfect in terms of function. See the photos below for details. It's been mounted on my .25-06 for a few years now and the dots on it match up nicely out to 300 yards (as far as I've shot it). From talking to its previous owner, it was about perfect on a 7mm-08 out to 700, so pretty much any of our common, flat shooting cartridges, either varminting or stalking, will match up really nicely.

Looking for €1100 cash, just want to trade straight for a different scope, so it's a pretty good deal.

Some photos:

Image0022.jpg

Image0025.jpg

Image0026.jpg

The reticle is Schmidt and Bender's Varmint Dot 8. Being a first focal plane reticle, at lower magnifications it looks like a fine duplex, which is actually quite clever and very useful. At higher magnifications, you can easily use the dots both for range-finding and quickly adjusting your point of aim. It's a great scope, I'm just looking to simplify really.

Here's the magnified reticle:

opplanet-schmidt-bender-klassic-4-16-50-varmint-8-dot-reticle-third-turret-var-power-riflescope-2.jpg

As I say, at lower magnifications, this image forms the central, finer part of a fine duplex. I'm based near Dublin, and shoot regularly in the Midlands if anyone wants a look at this in person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

BUMP. Got a scope I want to buy now guys, so if anyone's interested, it's ready to go.

BUMP. If someone wants to make me a cash offer, I could knock a few quid off and make up the difference myself. Looking to make as near as possible a straight trade though, so be sensible guys!

BUMP. Will take €1000 for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement