Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners Broker

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

That is because no one has lost money. Madoff operated for 30 years if I rember and no one lost money at the end it was billions missing. Can I prove beyond a doubt that BB is a scam, well at the moment no. Do I know it's a scam yes. If I wanted to could I get the evidence, well ya possibly.

At least you've made some kind of attempt other then just saying it has to be a scam and everyone has lost there money. The posters here have been saying everyone has/is losing money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

lala88 wrote: »
    At least you've made some kind of attempt other then just saying it has to be a scam and everyone has lost there money. The posters here have been saying everyone has/is losing money

I don't remember any such post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

I don't remember any such post.

Thats all the likes of AgentJ and other have been doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

That is because no one has lost money. Madoff operated for 30 years if I rember and no one lost money at the end it was billions missing. Can I prove beyond a doubt that BB is a scam, well at the moment no. Do I know it's a scam yes. If I wanted to could I get the evidence, well ya possibly.

And is a central point people need to be aware of.

Waiting unless you see the lost money is much too late in the life cycle of scam. Otherwise it would burn out in a matter of days and make very little money.

The phrase "Beyond a reasonable" doubt applies here. It is certainly a scam beyond any reasonable doubt.

You need to look at the business model, finance model, operations, people and technology involved. You then go compare those with comparable companies or people who know what they are talking about. If it's a total black box with nothing that makes sense and dodgey people involved...

If it's revenue is based on recruitment then you have a pyrimad scheme (That would be MLM) . Though that's not really BB from what i can see. There is a little but mostly they hide behind the "It's the internet" black box.

Madoff got away for years but there were people who tried to raise the alarm years before. He used his reputation to keep it covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Has anyone on this thread posted up anything about taking money out each month? I have a few friends who think they will be able to take out 400 Euro a month. They joined last September and haven't taken a penny out yet.

• Advertisement

Thats all the likes of AgentJ and other have been doing

*Sigh* You really aren't helping yourself here Lala.

Take a look back here when i tried to walk you through it.

I didn't even mention examples of people losing money. (except in the abstract as the last point)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83207089&postcount=127

moneymad wrote: »
    Has anyone on this thread posted up anything about taking money out each month? I have a few friends who think they will be able to take out 400 Euro a month. They joined last September and haven't taken a penny out yet.

They may not be able to.

It looks as if their prepaid credit cards are being pulled by Mastercard.

There are a few places talking about it and some of them are BB friendly so it does have the ring of truth to it.

If it's the case that their ability to pay out money is now cut off then it could be end game for this scam at last. Though i'll wait and see.

http://internetcybercrime.com/breaking-news-vector-card-services-kicks-banners-broker-out/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtlX0vpWCM -"CEO of Vector cards with Chris Smith CEO of Banners Broker on the Call"

http://www.realscam.com/f8/banners-broker-hyip-ponzi-scam-897/index397.html

http://www.facebook.com/BannersBrokerFactsAndUpdates

http://www.facebook.com/NSSupport

http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Banners-Broker-bannersb-t360913.html&st=7320

Just listened to the whole call. They are boned and they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Agent J wrote: »
    They may not be able to.

It looks as if their prepaid credit cards are being pulled by Mastercard.

There are a few places talking about it and some of them are BB friendly so it does have the ring of truth to it.

If it's the case that their ability to pay out money is now cut off then it could be end game for this scam at last. Though i'll wait and see.

http://internetcybercrime.com/breaking-news-vector-card-services-kicks-banners-broker-out/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtlX0vpWCM -"CEO of Vector cards with Chris Smith CEO of Banners Broker on the Call"

http://www.realscam.com/f8/banners-broker-hyip-ponzi-scam-897/index397.html

http://www.facebook.com/BannersBrokerFactsAndUpdates

http://www.facebook.com/NSSupport

http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Banners-Broker-bannersb-t360913.html&st=7320

I haven't had a chance to go through those links yet. Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read.. :pac: :D:p

Taken from a face,book page

"Keep the faith folks, if we work together and staying positive we will turn this corner and silence these bloggers for ever
    Rock on BB!!!
    IMPORTANT WEBINAR NOTES
    MARCH 13, 2013

Chris speaking:

Unfortunate news that Mastercard has ceased to want to operate with us with our Prepaid Card option. As you know we have been promoting this specifically, as we truly believed this was the best option. Unfortunately Mastercard has the option in their contract to cancel the contract anytime. The email I received said that because of bad publicity surrounding Banner Brokers, they would not want to be associated with BB any longer.

What does this mean for you? If you are currently a card holder, you have 10 days, March 22nd, to use the card. Limit is $1,000 day to withdraw, $2500/day to spend.. please empty your card by March 22nd. If you still have a balance, Vector will mail out checks and it could take another 90 days, so please unload your card as quickly as possible.

Anyone who has recently paid for their card, we will be refunding that. For people who have not yet received card, it will not be shipped. If you have a payment pending to your BB Card, those payments will not be made. So please do a REVERSAL. If you do not do it, BB will do a global reversal of all pending payouts.

So, again, what does this mean for Banners Broker? The card was definitely a plus to have. I felt good about it. And I'm sure you did, too. Banners Broker is more than just a card. Banners Broker is here and we are moving on. The card being gone does not affect BB at all for the future. We will put other payout options in place and you are able to use STP and Payza in the interim as we look for other solutions.

Today I have CEO and President of Vector Card Services with us. This is to give you another perspective and the background of what has happened over the past few days and how we move forward. Vector is the provider of the BB Card.

CEO of Vector: Ted Nam (sp)

Hi everyone. I may have met you in the UK and I apologize my first address is under these circumstances. I wanted to participate in this webinar to lay out the facts of what has happened, as I'm sure Chris and you guys are. I wanted to address you as the rep of the program. I want to outline the facts. I'm goign to endeavor to explain what has expired and to make sure that the right decision has been made. Facts are, there has been a growing number of online campaigns originating from bloggers, independent and disgruntled BB'er and just plain bloggers, and unfortunatley this has caused quite a stir. I thought we had a handle on them by implementing a online task force to go after these "counter-information" bloggers and with threats of legal proceedings. Unfortunately, the noise became louder. Despite what has happened, we believe this is a good business, and Chris has agreed to move forward to invite an independent auditor to come in and audit BB and prove this is a great company.

Unfortunately, this online "noise" and bad publicity has come to the attnetion of Mastercard, and even though there is no logic or reason, Mastercard has decided to close the program. This is not what I wished, and as a company, we apologize to all who have supported our great program.

(continued on part 2) WEBINAR notes (Part 2)

Chris Smith speaking:

I will answer some questions. I am seeing alot of positive support here on the webinar and I do appreciate it. We are sticking together and we will prevail. This is a big challenge and I realize it does not look good and may feed into some of the negative bloggers, but we are strong and we will survive this and move forward. We are here for the long term. We are going to be very strict with our compliance rules. I applaud the compliance department on a great job they have done to comb through the internet and cleaned up hundreds of blogs and sites and YouTube videos that were non-compliant.

The internet can do wonderful things and can also be very harmful. The negative press was not good, and Mastercard has warned us a few times about things we are not allowed to say about the BB Mastercard.

Questions:

STP and Payza - how long will these withdrawals take? I will be honest, we were moving away from these processors and moving toward the card platform because of delays in these ways. We do not have an instantaneous solution for these methods. We will try to respect the timeline for being in line for your withdrawals. If you are reversing your BB Card withdrawals, we will try to still respect the time line of your original withdrawal.

We are looking for other solutions.

CEO of Vector again:

You will see additional info come to you from Vector as this program is wound down. We will be forthcoming with all these communicatons. I encourage all cardholders to take advantage of the card to draw down on your card, either ATM withdrawals or use for POS transaction. The fastest way is to draw down your balance in the next 10 days.

Chris Smith:

One other thing, we are sticking to the max withdrawal of $10,000 per month to STP.

I am pleasantly surprised. I am looking for questions, but I am seeing so many wonderful comments of support from all the members. We will be posting these positive comments for all to see. Thank you for your support.

PayPal? PayPal has some strict guidelines and it is not the best platform to use, so we will not be using PayPal.

Reversals - you can do this manually or wait for the global reverse coming within the week.

Card Limitations for withdrawals. You can withdraw $1,000/day to ATM and $2500/day using POS transactions. USD. 10 days is plenty of time to do this.

After the 22nd of March, the card will cease to work. Please de-load the card ASAP.

This marks a milestone for BB, which is not particularly positive, but we will come together and come up with solutions.

BB is here to stay!! Take Care, guys

End of Webinar"

• Advertisement

moneymad wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to go through those links yet. Cheers for the info.

Go through some of the links, especially the last one.

As the old proverb goes "A laugh a day keeps the doctor at bay" lol

Seriously though, this will save you vast amounts of money and stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Fitz123

Hmmm I guess I started a bit of a debate by mentioning Herbalife. Ill leave that to Ackman and Icahn (whether Icahn has gone long to try to get "revenge" on Ackman or he believes it is a good investment is what I'd love to know) to sort out !

On any investment, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, or you just dont understand the risks.

On BB if it is so good, why are the operators bothering themselves getting crappy small personal investors to invest, lots of time and admin dealing with them. They should just get loans from an institution and save themselves dealing with so many investors, and keep more profit for themselves.

Haven't read the whole thread, but I see it mentioned that mastercard are closing down the current withdrawel option due to "bad publicity." That a way for disassociating themselves with BB ? Why would they want to disassociate themselves with such a successful investment ... hmmm ?

Bearing in mind, ponzi type schemes as evidenced by Madoff can run for a long time before they crash, it's quite possible some peoples friends dogs owners mothers have made money from BB, but is that not how they work ? Give cash to a few people from earlier investments, they become discples, spread the word, to new suckers err investors and it keeps going until investments slow down, then bada bing bada boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

... So because one person here has lost money its a scam? ...

Are you willing to acknowledge that it is a Pyramid scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hunter21 wrote: »
    PayPal? PayPal has some strict guidelines and it is not the best platform to use, so we will not be using PayPal.

FAIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Hi All,

I am in BB since May 2012.
    (sounds like an AA meeting in my head).

I took a chance with a few quid I had (I have in the past put money into other so called scams with mixed (very mixed) returns).
    Current stage of play = I have withdrawn the initial investment (after 9/10 mths) and will be clearing out my BB card today.
    This will mean I will have a tiny profit (better than a kick in the rocks I suppose).
    I never signed anyone in under me as I didn't want the hassle of it or the kickback if indeed it backfired!!!

What do I think?
    Head = Ponzi Scam (top people = great profit; middle people = minimal profit/loss; bottom people = screwed).
    Heart = Probably Ponzi Scam Scheme...

I will just let the remaining moneys ride due to the difficulties in the immediate withdrawals systems.
    I will hopefully be able to make further withdrawals in the longer term once the withdraw issues have been corrected.
    My overall plans for BB have diminished substantially over the past few weeks.

If there are any questions from anyone I'll try to give my honest opinions and actual experiences of Banners Brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭McGixxer

LMAO @ lala... I reckon he/she has 'invested' a load into this scam and realisation is probably just sinking in right about now!

There are three types of people involved in these pyramid scams. There are the people who set them up, knowing that they will make fortunes from peoples greed and gullibility, then there are the poor, gullible people, many of whom may be old people with very little money, and they were most likely convinced to 'invest' in the scam by a gullible family member, who was also stupid enough to 'invest' in the scam, and it's those poor, old folk I feel sorry for.

... but then there are the others... the ones who know it's a pyramid scheme and that if they get in near the top, they will/should be OK and get paid before it collapses, or those who discover it's a scam but still try to get other people to 'invest' in the scam, just so they don't lose out. These people are as bad (or worse) than the people who run the scheme, because they're dragging their friends and families into the scam, just so they can get their piece of the collapsing pie. I'd hazard a guess that those people are probably a relatively large percentage of the pyramid scam, and they're the scum of the earth, who think nothing of stealing money/allowing money to be stolen from their friends and family. Again... these people are even scummier than the people who set up the scam!

I do hate seeing people getting conned but some people deserve it.. I hope you didn't 'invest' too much, lala? :D

gocall01 wrote: »
    I will just let the remaining moneys ride due to the difficulties in the immediate withdrawals systems.
    I will hopefully be able to make further withdrawals in the longer term once the withdraw issues have been corrected.

God loves an optomist ;)
    If there are any questions from anyone I'll try to give my honest opinions and actual experiences of Banners Brokers.

Hi, I (& probably others) appriacte your position and thanks for your honesty.
    My questions are genuine and i'm not trying to get at you at all. Trying to understand the process a little more.

1) How did you get involved in the first place?

2) Initially did you think it was scam/something dodgey?

3) How long has it taken to get your initial money out?(ie How long is the withdrawal process usually?)

4)Approx how much is left in your BB account? Don't give a figure if you don't want to but say in terms of your initial amount (2x,5x, 10x etc)

5) Is there anything anyone could have said earlier to convince you it was a scam? ie. Do you think someone could have talked you out earlier with the right arguement?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

God loves an optomist ;)
    An optimist is something I wouldn't be described as in general unfortunately, although I wish I was as I believe it is a good way to be...

Hi, I (& probably others) appriacte your position and thanks for your honesty.
    My questions are genuine and i'm not trying to get at you at all. Trying to understand the process a little more.

1) How did you get involved in the first place?
    Through a family member, still on speaking terms ;)

Obviously, I thought it very dodgey but as I have said it was something I was willing to risk, understanding I could lose it all, the same as any non guarennteed "investment".
    Currently I am not out any money so all in all I am in a decent position, however I will not be recommending it to anyone.

3) How long has it taken to get your initial money out?(ie How long is the withdrawal process usually?)
    Initial input was in May 2012, got the BB Mastercard and made 2 withdrawals (1 at the start of Feb and 1 and the start of March).
    These 2 withdrawals have covered my initial outlay.
    I have cleared out the money in the BB Mastercard today as the thing is no more good after March 22nd.
    It took 3 weeks for the money to clear to the BB Mastercard from the BB account on the first request and 1 week on the second ocassion.

4)Approx how much is left in your BB account? Don't give a figure if you don't want to but say in terms of your initial amount (2x,5x, 10x etc)
    My understanding of the calculation of this is pretty good I think so:
    Currently there is over 20 times my initial outlay.
    However, I will only have the ability to withdraw approximately 1/3 of this figure over time if I decided to go down this route.
    It would take about between 3-4 months for this to occur I believe.
    (There is no point in going into the explaination on this)

5) Is there anything anyone could have said earlier to convince you it was a scam? ie. Do you think someone could have talked you out earlier with the right arguement?
    Simple answer, "No".
    I was prepared to take a punt, simples!
    Would I enter it again tomorrow morning knowing what I know now, probably not, not a definite "No", I take punts as you may gather:o

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    My apologies for any spelling mistakes, not my strong point along with monetary judgements :rolleyes:

About time some honest folk come on here, good on you gocall01.

Lets hope some more people in the scheme realise its not all rosy dancing and prancing around fields of daisies and making a fortune through BB

Obviously, I thought it very dodgey but as I have said it was something I was willing to risk, understanding I could lose it all, the same as any non guarennteed "investment".
    Currently I am not out any money so all in all I am in a decent position, however I will not be recommending it to anyone.

Simple answer, "No".
    I was prepared to take a punt, simples!
    Would I enter it again tomorrow morning knowing what I know now, probably not, not a definite "No", I take punts as you may gather

That's fair enough. You were taking punt on something. I can understand it even if i don't nesscarily agree with it myself. I respect the fact that you thought it was a bit off so didn't want to recruit anyone into it yourself.

My understanding of the calculation of this is pretty good I think so:
    Currently there is over 20 times my initial outlay.
    However, I will only have the ability to withdraw approximately 1/3 of this figure over time if I decided to go down this route.
    It would take about between 3-4 months for this to occur I believe.
    (There is no point in going into the explaination on this)

So "On paper" you would appear to be well up on your initial outlay. The only problem is getting the funds. This is something which i haven't been clear about. I suspected it must be the case that BB were showing people they were well ahead on paper so people were more inclined to re-invest rather than withdraw. (Then you make the withdrawal complex and lenghty)

Can i ask you to try and explain a little further on why it would take so long to withdraw the rest and why it's limited to 1/3rd?

I'm just trying to get my head around the running of it. I've watched some of there videos trying to explain it and it just seems so convoluted.

(Or if you think it's just the way they have it set up then thats fine)

If I can ask, how much were they charging in fees & charged for the account?

Again i would like to thank you for your answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 debaser13

Oh agentj it sounds to me like ur building up to "investing"!!

debaser13 wrote: »
    Oh agentj it sounds to me like ur building up to "investing"!!

Ha! ;)

Nah just curious about the details about these scams work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 debaser13

Ha! ;)

Nah just curious about the details about these scams work.

Get outta that, i'd say ur cashing the prize bonds and throwing the lot on! In 6 months u'll be giving webinars "how i learned to stop worrying and love the bb bomb" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rivaldo2000

I joined banners about six months ago. did not put in much so not too worried.Only thing i worried about is this uploading passport and proof of addresses. is this leaving people open to identity fraud

I joined banners about six months ago. did not put in much so not too worried.Only thing i worried about is this uploading passport and proof of addresses. is this leaving people open to identity fraud

Well i'd concerned about who had that data. Given it is a scam how much do you trust the people who run it?

If i was nefarious type the last thing i would before the whole thing collapsed would be to sell all the idenity data on.

But that's just pure speculation on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭McGixxer

Don't let the fact that the vast majority of comments on this thread are leaning toward 'banner Brokers' being 'a bunch of crooked scammers' dissuade you from 'investing' in their scam business venture... please feel free to 'invest' and post your findings :)

will just have to worry about it when i start getting credit card bills in the the door i suppose. nothing i can do now

will just have to worry about it when i start getting credit card bills in the the door i suppose. nothing i can do now

Try and contact them to withdraw your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jerrygo

I think everyone knows that BB is a scam by now. Even those who defend it! Just googling the founders Raj Dixit and Kul Josun, Will show you the previous scam they had running in Canada.
    They started as a cycler doubler. to an advertiser, then a publisher, now they are a broker. what next?
    Then Irish press debunked them. Eventbright dumped them. Mastercard dumped them. Indian police raided them and a case is before the courts.
    Every week they change the contract with customers without consent. Website down more than it is up. They closed the BB forum because customers were complaining on there, that they had been waiting months trying to get some money out.
    All over the internet people complaining their money is locked in, and they cant get any reply from BB support.

The latest info from BB is this :
    "There is NO CASH in your e-wallet!
    When BB transfers money to your STP or Payza account, they can only do so from their CASH RESERVES - which are held in their different Bank accounts around the globe.
    When there is insufficient money in their cash reserves for a full transfer, then BB can only do a part transfer"

So their "cash reserves" are short of what they owe people!!!
    Scams are started and run by criminals. So in answer to your question, Yes I would be worried if they had my passport details, driving license, name, address, PPS no. credit card details. Hell yes I would be worried.!!

Complaints about BB can be sent to :

Office of the D/Chief Superintendent,
    Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation,
    Harcourt Square,
    Dublin 2
    00-353-1-6663706/09
    mailto:GBFI_DV@garda.ie

• Advertisement

sound for that jerrygo. a friend i trusted. foolish me

Advertisement