Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners Broker

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rory g man

just curious as to how many who posted here are/were in BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Done and dusted. At least in Ireland and for McCarthy anyway.

From todays Examiner.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/scheme-leaves-15000-out-of-pocket-242663.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

For the last time, this is NOT a scam.

Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Wonder will Joe Duffy have another show on it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Banners Broker had vigorously denied it was a pyramid scheme, but has told investors its current difficulties arose because of a failure to attract enough new entrants.

Well that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

For the last time, this is NOT a scam.

Oh wait...

The scammers at BB operate on the basis that 'there is one born every day'......well it's probably 101 at this stage and boy oh boy do they have a track record of the truth of that assertion. Given the widespread unmasking of scams sophisticated and otherwise it's a wonder that people still get caught but they do and always will. There is just no accounting for what individuals do in life. People have been lured, seduced, coaxed, inveigled and screwed (sometimes with eyes wide open and other times tightly shut) and it will never change. Critically assessing scamology from three card trick men to BB type scamming and all the plethora of chicanery in between, one can deduce that this is an industry that waxes and wanes always reinventing itself but never going away. It is impossible to warn people off these frauds because every silver tongued rogue has a glib smart-ass retort to just about every criticism. But one good question (and there are others) to be pondered is this : ' why do get rich quick merchamts always come reeking with suspicion in regard to their product ' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jerrygo

Well in that article McCarthy tries to portray himself as a victim!! Plenty of evidence to the contrary.
    He and his family have benefited greatly, on the backs of Irish victims.
    He recruited for, and managed the Irish leg of a notorious ponzi scheme. Thousands of victims have lost every cent. But he and his family have made a good living from this, new cars, house extensions, extravagant holidays.
    McCarthy has now entered the network of scam operators, and I believe that if you follow him from now, you will see him go from one scam to another.
    Keep your eye on him. He has just started on this new career path.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Jerrygo wrote: »
    Keep your eye on him. He has just started on this new career path.

do you mean in general or is he involved with a new company?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jerrygo

In general.
    He has buried his moral compass now, and entered the valley of greed.
    Internet chatter has him associated now with Chartfords mlm. along with Bardur Gunnarsson (Iceland BB rep.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Jerrygo wrote: »
    In general.
    He has buried his moral compass now, and entered the valley of greed.
    Internet chatter has him associated now with Chartfords mlm. along with Bardur Gunnarsson (Iceland BB rep.)

Isn't it great he is searching for a new genuine investment with guaranteed return and a visible product, so people who lost money on Banners can invest in this and make loads of cash.

I can see the arguments already.

Not a scam. It is commission.
    There are paintings..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Sorry Mods I posted in other sections. This is all I needed. Anyone here dealing with BB in Cork. Again Sorry Mods for posting in another thread. Im kind of desperate to talk to people I know an elderly couple that have been affected by this

• Registered Users Posts: 29 debaser13

Rory g man wrote: »
    just curious as to how many who posted here are/were in BB?

well rory i have to come clean............. i put $250 in.
    But i'd like to add that i'm not a hapless victim or a part of the con. I knew it was dodgy just thought i might get something out before it went under. Also it was money i could afford to lose. I would imagine i'm a fairly typical example of the type that was in it.
    Though i get a bit of a chill when i read carlowgirls post.

debaser13 wrote: »
    well rory i have to come clean............. i put $250 in.
    But i'd like to add that i'm not a hapless victim or a part of the con. I knew it was dodgy just thought i might get something out before it went under. Also it was money i could afford to lose. I would imagine i'm a fairly typical example of the type that was in it.
    Though i get a bit of a chill when i read carlowgirls post.

I'd like to know when you put the money in and if anything came back at all, if you'd care to share. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 war29

I was approached by two different people who tried to get me to give money away to BB. At first I said no as something like this is to good to be true. I decided to listen to them and see what they had to say. On listening about this money making scheme it didn't take a genius to realize it was all a scam. Internet advertisement dose no work in this way. I recently found out that they are in for a lot of €€€€'s. Bragging to people in the area about all the money they were making and getting people to invest. I no longer talk to these two fools. They tried to con me out of money in order for themselves to make money. I hope they lost everything as they are as bad as the people running it. I just hope they didn't get to many people involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fedup.com

Hi Paula,

You say that you would answer questions, I hope that you might be able to help me. I have been left some English shares by my late sisters (I have put up a post to this effect before I noticed your post)I was just wondering could you please tell me what would be a normal timeline for these shares to be transferred over to me?

Thank you

fedup.com wrote: »
    Hi Paula,

You say that you would answer questions, I hope that you might be able to help me. I have been left some English shares by my late sisters (I have put up a post to this effect before I noticed your post)I was just wondering could you please tell me what would be a normal timeline for these shares to be transferred over to me?

Thank you

I think you've posted this in the wrong place. I suggest you go back to the main Investments forum and start a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rivaldo2000

so any hope of getting money back

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Anyone dealing with a Don Looney here or a man pretending to have that name. Tall grey hair, well dressed and spoken was attending the meeting s in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

founders finally arrested in Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/the-law-page/two-men-arrested-in-multimillion-dollar-toronto-based-pyramid-scheme/article27657965/

they should have lived in Ireland, not a hope they'd even be questioned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

that'll be the bug issues
    I'm sure this thread will be deleted anyway but for anybody who is curious it's a scam

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056554740

how can you say this is a scam when you send me a link to someone complaing about not getting there money back but also states that there friends accounts are working, thats bug issues. i have invested into this, i'm currently earning money in it, just here to share how i'm working it and find out how others are doing it so we can gain from each other,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This was the quote of the thread for me:
    Banners Broker had vigorously denied it was a pyramid scheme, but has told investors its current difficulties arose because of a failure to attract enough new entrants.

Advertisement