Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners Broker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

areyawell wrote: »
    I know its a ponzi scheme but how do you actually sign up on there website? I mean I only see options if you want to advertise your own product or if you want advertisements to appear on your own site?

You can't sign up, unless your invited by someone else.
    moneymad wrote: »
    And did you hear that clown saying "We advertise on the blind network Joe".
    Deep down they all know it's a pyramid scheme.

To be fair I think blind networks do exist in the world of advertising and were already being used before this came along.
    There's a little bit about them here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising_network
    So you could see how people might believe it. It is a handy excuse/reason to use as to why you can't see the ads. Great front for a ponzi.
    RATM wrote: »
    My sound card is fecked so can't listen :(

Were Banners Brokers actually mentioned by name on Joe Duffy ? And were they mentioned as an actual ponzi scheme or a potential one or how was it phrased ? If so it looks like their game might be up as anyone who heard Joe today (a lot-he gets 400k+ listeners per day) and who is invested will be scrambling to withdraw their money. They won't be able to pay the newest of investors and the thing should collapse. I feel sad for them as Christmas is coming up and you don't want that hanging over you when money is already tight.

If BB were mentioned as being a ponzi on Joe Duffy today I suspect that conference in Citywest this weekend is going to be a bunch of investors looking to lynch senior management ? If senior management even show up ?

Also it would be interesting to hear from PaulaMorton who started this thread to hear if she has tried to withdraw and what level of success she's had ? Or any other investors who have managed to withdraw money lately ?

If you can listen to it on another laptop or something it's up on RTE player.
    For anyone that missed it:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A10089838%3A53%3A28%2D11%2D2012%3A

Yes they were mentioned by name. Some people rang in saying they thought it might be a ponzi/pyramid scheme. One guy changed his mind after depositing and is waiting 2 months for a refund. A couple of people said they were making money & so were friends/family. So a bit of a mix really.

I don't see how anything on the show would change peoples mind. Anyone who has already invested, wouldn't believe it's a scam based on anything that was said. Anyone that is convinced it is a scam, probably still does.

I'd imagine if anything it will only increase the interest in this thing in City West. Which is what they wanted. It'll be up to them to convince people and try to sell it to those that turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jumboman wrote: »
    Is this scam within the law or is it illegal ?

Only a matter of time before its shut down:

http://www.examiner.com/article/600m-online-ponzi-scheme-shut-down-by-the-sec

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrkr

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

I joined in March & I am very happy with what I have got. I withdrew just over $4k & by Sat I will be withdrawing another $2K. I think it works & BB is a small company that wants to get a small slice of the ads on the internet that is being dominated by Google, Facebook & Yahoo. The market is enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

wasper wrote: »
    I joined in March & I am very happy with what I have got. I withdrew just over $4k & by Sat I will be withdrawing another $2K. I think it works & BB is a small company that wants to get a small slice of the ads on the internet that is being dominated by Google, Facebook & Yahoo. The market is enormous.
    If it is such a good money making company, Why do they need Your Investment?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Bistoman wrote: »
    If it is such a good money making company, Why do they need Your Investment?

Most big company's Google, Coke etc all have investors dont they? Nothing strange about company's wanting investors

lala88 wrote: »
    Most big company's Google, Coke etc all have investors dont they? Nothing strange about company's wanting investors

I don't think Google or Coca Cola etc ever paid their Investors 400% interest, or gave 50% of referral contributions.

All going to end in tears, I hope you guys didn't encourage family, friends and neighbours to sign up ! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Im not involved with this but have heard of it. But like most things on here iv yet to see anyone gave anything to back up it being a scam other then the usual s*** of just saying it is

Im not involved with this but have heard of it. But like most things on here iv yet to see anyone gave anything to back up it being a scam other then the usual s*** of just saying it is

Oh no, i've been at a seminar before ... there was a similar one years ago, NCA have some good tips here:

http://www.nca.ie/nca/pyramid-schemes

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

I don't think Google or Coca Cola etc ever paid their Investors 400% interest, or gave 50% of referral contributions.

All going to end in tears, I hope you guys didn't encourage family, friends and neighbours to sign up ! :pac:
    And Your Man Yesterday never said anything about "Investors" He was talking about selling a product, It's completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SwissResidence

Can anyone care to explain to me why Banners Brokers is relying on small time investors to generate future growth, If the returns are as impressive as some posters are suggesting why hasn't any venture capitalist or sovereign wealth funds invested in this business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A buy-in is nothing like an investment and is a strange way of doing things. Also, the companies you mention are regulated by the likes of the SEC and FSA and certainly not brass-plated out of places like Belize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Can anyone care to explain to me why Banners Brokers is relying on small time investors to generate future growth, If the returns are as impressive as some posters are suggesting why hasn't any venture capitalist or sovereign wealth funds invested in this business?

Exactly. Why are Banners Broker relying on small investors at $415 a pop? If a company wanted investment of lets say $1m quid why would they bother tapping 2,409 investors for $415 each ? That is 2,409 people you have to convince to part with their money. Why wouldn't you just say 'heh lets start calling around the venture capital companies (of which there are thousands in Canada and the US) and start pitching to them for a $1m investment. Instead of going to one person they choose to go to 2,409 - do people not find such a business model suss ?

Also this crap of doubling your money every 6 months falls directly under the 'if it's too good to be true then it probably is' adage. Warren Buffet is the person who largely regarded as the world's most successful investor - he has consistently delivered some of the best returns in the market and has beaten some of the best investment minds on Wall Street over the last 40 years. In those four decades Warren Buffet achieved an annual growth rate of 15.3%. So the person who is feted by the entire investing community and lauded worldwide as 'The Sage of Omaha' delivers returns of 15.3% per year, over a 40 year period. Banners Broker claim to deliver returns of 200% per year, now how is that possible. And if it is possible why isn't Warren Buffet telling us all to pile onto them ? Why aren't Google or Yahoo buying them out ?

There are hundreds of websites across the web calling this a ponzi scheme and a scam. Any reputable company would be issuing court orders against them to stop the company being bad mouthed. But Banners Broker isn't a reputable company, which is why you can say anything about them online and they won't take action- because if they did then the defendant might take the opportunity to put their company representative through some rigorous questioning that will prove it to be a pyramid scheme.

This is a scam folks, plain and simple. Get out and get your friends and family out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Simon Stepsys is involved with banners broker, that's all you all you need to know about this company.

Google his name he has been involved in other internet scams.

http://www.fairtradeauthority.com/more_than_traffic_scam.php

http://simonstepsys.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

I've always said this about BB;
    If Banners Broker is so good then it could solve world economic problems, bring poor people above the poverty barrier etc...
    Imagine a poorer neighbourhood all getting together and each chipping in money to make $400 buy in, come a years time they would be much better off surely :rolleyes: If it was legit this would be a reality!

Most massive corporations don't make these type of growth figures in a 6 months. They must be in the wrong line of work, they should sell up and invest it all in BB :P They would if it was legit!!!!!

I have asked countless people in BB, show me advertising, give me examples of their big clients and always get the answer "Oh they buy and sell so many ads that its hard to keep track of who they advertise for"

Then I get the run around that they make more ad traffic then google. (Yera ya! and my home built car is better then a market leader like Toyota. :D )
    I ask; what stuff is BB doing that google has not already done? i.e google mail, street maps etc etc.
    I get the answer; oh they are setting up their own social site like Facebook.. Immediately I say thats already been done, not exactly a groundbreaking idea by BB.

I often hear this I invested $5000 I have made $30,000 already! Yet its not in there bank account, they say they are leaving it there to invest more BUT they know a person who has proof it's in their bank account as they withdrew it. That don't cut crap this friend of a friend stuff, no one of all the people I've met (who tried to get me into it) have showed me actual physical proof of that massive return on investment in their actual personal current account in the bank.

Have you proof that it works? actual written proof, sure all it takes is take a picture of your bank statement and blank out your personal info. Simple surely? :o

I worry for people in it, family members included as soon they won't have two coins to rub together in these already tough times.

What amazes me the most is that people who are normally cautious with investments through banks and other regulated bodies, but are completely fine with dumping their money into a Website that doesn't really explain their business properly.

And even if there is a business, the company is completely unregulated, nobody knows if its audited, they could be using it as a method to launder drug money for all we know.

The only thing thats getting people to join is the possible huge return on gamble, people are just ignoring everything in the hopes of getting a big pay out, pretty much what happens with every MLM, Pyramid or Ponzi Scheme.

You'd be better off throwing your money into a few bets on Paddy Powers, at least their up front about their odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Can anyone explain to me how they can issue credit cards to account holders. I'm hearing they use a middle man called Vector but I don't fully understand how this works.

Also in the high liklihood that this is rotten to its core what will be the implications of those who withdraw cash regularily on these credit cards?

Can anyone explain to me how they can issue credit cards to account holders. I'm hearing they use a middle man called Vector but I don't fully understand how this works.

Also in the high liklihood that this is rotten to its core what will be the implications of those who withdraw cash regularily on these credit cards?

Probably something similar to Skrill (Formerly Moneybookers)
    Just a prepaid credit card loaded with some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Probably something similar to Skrill (Formerly Moneybookers)
    Just a prepaid credit card loaded with some money.

And with a Mastercard logo on it- very clever of the scamsters, they have 'borrowed' the credibility of a global brand like Mastercard by using their prepaid credit cards. The trick is known in marketing as 'the Halo Effect', you're hoping that a majority of your audience will take comfort from the Mastercard brand (projecting the Halo), therefore making Banners Broker look 'safe', as Mastercard itself is perceived to be 'safe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Got this research from a blog (The Private HYIP Blog):

Fact 1: As stated many times, nobody can find the ads. Other than a few token (quite silly) ads run by them directly, there is no “footprint” of BB advertising on the internet.
    Fact 2: The program was announced in 2010 as a “Straightline Doubler Cycler”, and was exclusively announced on HYIP/MLM websites. If you don’t know what “doubler cycler” means, research it.
    Fact 3: The guys who started BB or who are now the leaders of it have zero credentials or history in the advertising business. They do, however, have a long history in MLM / Pyramid schemes.
    Fact 4: BB refuses to work with you as a publisher, if you contact them with an offer to put traffic out on a well-positioned, high-traffic website. Several of us have tried this and were not able to even talk to anyone.
    Fact 5: BB refuses to work with out as an advertiser, if you contact them with an offer to buy a large block of advertising. Again, several of us have tried this and BB is completely unequipped to handle the request.
    Fact 6: There is no organic traffic. BB offers the “choice network” to members, with no disclaimer whatsoever about it being in “test mode” — and Jamie Waters himself demonstrates how to make money from using the “choice network”. However, when pressed on the complete lack of utility or credibility regarding this network, people quickly say “it is in test mode”. This is not disclosed to any members via the dashboard, back office or on the BB website, anywhere.
    Fact 7: No businessmen (or women) in a free market economy would “discover” a business model as elegant as BB claims to be — and turn it over to anyone willing to sign up for a free membership. There are (supposedly) millions of dollars in cash flow at play here, with margins that would make the executives at Google salivate – yet the patrons who started BB decided to give it all away to the rest of us.
    Fact 8: BB claims to be in business with Clicksor, yet Clicksor has nowhere near the capacity to even begin to touch the advertising flow-through that BB claims to be driving. You can call Clicksor yourself (as I did) and confirm this.
    Fact 9: BB is not known to any of the outside advertising reporting agencies who spend 24 hours a day tracking and reporting on the online advertising business. You can call ComScore yourself (as I did) and confirm this.
    Fact 10: The leaders of BB never attend, present a topic at or even have a presence (like a simple information booth) at any of the big advertising conferences. This is beyond unusual for a “breakthrough” business such as BB.

Stay Away!!! imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Ah lads, Banners Broker is both "global AND worldwide!"

Get in early!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jerrygo

Any users on here who have been scammed by bb? or locked out of their account? or cant get their money out?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I love the way anyone that comes on here to endorse bb are all new users........:rolleyes:

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    I love the way anyone that comes on here to endorse bb are all new users........:rolleyes:

Actually he's saying his relative got ripped off:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81846788&postcount=63

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

At least this thread is the #1 result for a Banners Broker search on Google.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

This is a great review of Banners Broker from finchsells.com (the guys an affiliate marketer so his expertise is in online advertising).

BannersBroker has been tipped as whats been called a SuperPonzi by direct selling and network marketing experts in the last few weeks.

Rod Cook (awful web site),Ted Nuyten and Troy Dooley (video on site - go to 8:30) are just 3.

However nobody has researched it as well as finchsells.com

http://finchsells.com/2012/10/21/banners-broker-scam-dont-let-it-affect-you/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any news here recently? Did anyone get their money out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jerrygo

The Indian Government have closed the BB office in India. And police have placed serious charges against bb.
    That is the news today.
    The end is nigh

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gibbykiid

Are there any other things like this online for making money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

gibbykiid wrote: »
    Are there any other things like this online for making money?

I suppose when your name is KIID youd expect the question.

Advertisement