Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners Broker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

gibbykiid wrote: »
    Are there any other things like this online for making money?

Loads of stuff like this, did you not get those mails from the Nigerian Prince?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Has anyone actually got anything to show where people have lost money with it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

lala88 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got anything to show where people have lost money with it yet?

Rephrase your question;
    Has anyone with money in it actually shown proof of return on investments??????? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

A lad I know, who brags about his BB investment, has said he has withdrawn a couple of hundred using the card they issued him from an ATM.

Hunter21 wrote: »
    Rephrase your question;
    Has anyone with money in it actually shown proof of return on investments??????? :rolleyes:

There are more people claiming its a scam so its them who have to prove that it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

There are more people claiming its a scam so its them who have to prove that it is

What is your standard of proof?

Strongly suggest you go and listen to the liveline podcast from 28/11/2012 & take a read of this thread (Just skim it, there is plenty of data there)

http://www.realscam.com/f8/banners-broker-hyip-ponzi-scam-897/index347.html

Now you might still say "But they are opinions not proof.."

Ok - Points to consider

1)Their model makes no sense from a technical point of view

A Blind network? Page views? And this is a 2nd/3rd tier operator?
    None of it makes sense. The only money in online advertising is through click throughs and building a network like they decribe would be difficult for a startup. No one can tell you where your ads are or what sites are involved

Is it more likely that this network doesnt really exist?

2)No sense from a finance point of view

With the claimed returns they would make fortune by just getting a standard bank loan rather than seeking multiple small investors. Hell even one large venture capitalist would have swooped on this.

Why would you want small amounts of finance from multiple unexperienced investors?

3)No sense from a business point of view

Google would eat these guys alive if they were actually doing what they claim.

4) It's a "black box"

Money goes in and more money comes out. The method is left intentionally vague with enough familiar sound terms to sound like it could be true. It's not.

5) Collapse

It is a matter of when this collapses not if. This is going to fall apart probably with a wide base of people. It's not quite a pyrimad/MLM scheme but it has similar charateriscs.

6) Losses

Problem is when people start to lose money they tend to go quiet publically because they feel like an idiot for falling for it.

Still not convinced?

Read some of the links which have already been put up in this thread like this one

http://finchsells.com/2012/12/20/banners-broker-scam-update/

Do some more research yourself just watch out for shills.

Shills are people who come on sites & forums who post up they have made XXX and isn't it great?

Want proof? HERE!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=banners+broker+scam

;)

Doesnt really prove much as you could do the same search for almost anything and you would get a result could you not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

A lad I know, who brags about his BB investment, has said he has withdrawn a couple of hundred using the card they issued him from an ATM.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that people have got profit out of it- it is a feature of pyramid schemes that some people do get great profits out of it, the idea being that they then go and rope all their family and friends into it which adds another bottom layer to the pyramid and so on until it becomes unsustainable and the whole house of cards comes crashing down with those at the top of the pyramid doing a runner with all the cash.

So yeah for sure we will hear of people telling us that they got X amount or Y amount- that is part of the scam because the people at the top know full well that humans are greedy by nature and even if they make 100% profits in under 6 months the most likely thing they'll do is re-invest the lot because they are now convinced that the scheme works brilliantly and they get greedy for more.

In fact I would hazard a guess that there are smart investors out there who seek out early stage pyramid schemes and invest to get a 100% return but are clever enough not to go for a second bite of the cherry. You could call it scamming the scam if you like.

I notice that none of the orginal posters on this thread who were bigging up Banners Broker are posting here any more. Perhaps they were just shills or perhaps they already got burnt and now won't post for fear of being labelled idiots.

Doesnt really prove much as you could do the same search for almost anything and you would get a result could you not?

Proves 100 times more then the people that are "making loads of money", where is their proof to show money in their bank account or any personal account.

• Advertisement

Proves 100 times more then the people that are "making loads of money", where is their proof to show money in their bank account or any personal account.

Like i said a lot more people are claiming it to be a scam its them who should have to prove it, if its such a big scam it should be no problem should it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Like i said a lot more people are claiming it to be a scam its them who should have to prove it, if its such a big scam it should be no problem should it not?

To be precise people are claiming it's a pyramid scheme. It will be pretty obvious when it collapses.

And as previously pointed out, yes some people DO make money from pyramid schemes. Doesn't stop them being illegal tho.

srsly78 wrote: »
    To be precise people are claiming it's a pyramid scheme. It will be pretty obvious when it collapses.

And as previously pointed out, yes some people DO make money from pyramid schemes. Doesn't stop them being illegal tho.

What do you have to back up that it will collapse? Most people have been saying its a scam but now are changing there mind and saying its a pyramid scheme to back there points up. Maybe it is or maybe its not but so far the people who are claiming it to be a scam have very little to prove that. Im not part of it but if you claim something you should have something to back it up, but like always the good people at boards will ask people to prove there points wile they dont have to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Calling something a scam then calling it a pyramid scheme is not what Id class as changing their minds, its more like calling a car an automobile.

Thargor wrote: »
    Calling something a scam then calling it a pyramid scheme is not what Id class as changing their minds, its more like calling a car an automobile.

Not really people were calling it a scam and said everyone lost there money they were shown that was not true and changed to call it a pyramid scheme. Like i said cant say it is or isnt but if it is all accept that but if it turns out not to be a scam or what ever the same cant be said for the people who say it is

They're claiming orders of magnitude better returns than Google on embedded webpage advertising but nobody can find a single example of one of these superior ads, give it up FFS.

They're claiming orders of magnitude better returns than Google on embedded webpage advertising but nobody can find a single example of one of these superior ads, give it up FFS.

Again if its such a scam it should be no problem to find proof of it. You are now trying to change the subject, like i said if your so sure its a scam show us something to say it is, something other then saying ''google banners brokers scam'' because as i said you could do the same with anything and find links to it

Ummm I was perfectly on subject and not trying to change it whatsoever thanks. If you've read this thread and all the links in it and you're happy then good luck with your investments...

Ummm I was perfectly on subject and not trying to change it whatsoever thanks. If you've read this thread and all the links in it and you're happy then good luck with your investments...

Yes you. I was talking about people changing there story about it being a scam etc. and you went off about what they say they do. Not one of the links to me prove anything, plenty of people have bad experiences with things does that mean there scams as well? Its you that has to prove its a scam so once you show me something to say its a scam i.e. where someone lost money etc then ill be happy. Once again if its such a big scam you should have no problem

Yes you. I was talking about people changing there story about it being a scam etc. and you went off about what they say they do
    Yes and like I said, I was very much on subject, not one single Banners Broker ad has been posted in this thread nor can one be found anywhere yet according to people invested in this thread the ads are so successful they're generating >100% returns for people, can you point to one of these banner ads on any website anywhere on the net thats generating so much cash even after infrastructure/staff/managment fees etc?

• Advertisement

What do you have to back up that it will collapse? Most people have been saying its a scam but now are changing there mind and saying its a pyramid scheme to back there points up. Maybe it is or maybe its not but so far the people who are claiming it to be a scam have very little to prove that. Im not part of it but if you claim something you should have something to back it up, but like always the good people at boards will ask people to prove there points wile they dont have to

Your not part of it? even though you are on a serious offensive mission accusing us of lack of proof when we say its a scam.

We've given you proof, what more do you want?
    It usually the person or party that gets accused of wrong doing provides proof to back up their case.
    If Banners Broker is a legit company they would defend themselves, take legal actions for defamation or more simply if they cleared the fog and got rid of their fairy theories!

Show us proof of ads that Banner Broker sell- simple enough! (If there are ads)
    Cut the crap about oh there brokers they buy ads cheaply and sell them on.. Every deal has a paper trail- if there was a deal.
    Why aren't the biggest venture capitalist or governments investing in this if the returns are so good? feed the poor and get out of national debt :)
    or more so why hasn't Google bought BB out/invested in it/started their own version- they certainly have the funds and personnel to do all this especially the later.

Do yourself a favour- stop going around in circles defending a company you say are innocent and get us hard proof facts. Not much to ask surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Just to add to this.

A friend of mine, despite my objections, 'invested' €200 in this. Naturally enough he soon found he couldn't log into his account due to 'password issues' that, despite numerous emails and calls were not resolved for weeks.

He finally got in last night only to discover that he now OWES them money for some obscure reason. Safe to say, he's not paying so for the love of god if anyone reading this is considering putting money into this scheme, don't!

Banners Brokers is a scam, there is no evidence to the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Jason1984 wrote: »
    He finally got in last night only to discover that he now OWES them money for some obscure reason.

Admin fee, don't ya know.

The beauty of these schemes is that real proof comes when it's too late. Also it's the entity offering the investment who has the burden of proof (show us just one single ad, just one).

If you reckon otherwise, then I have some magic beans which will produce fruit of gold and more beans by autumn. You can't disprove it, so I'll offer them to you at the bargain price of €100 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

the beauty of the scam is we'll never show proof to lal88 that will satisfy him.

if he 'invested' his €200 and his account shows that he's earned €2k or whatever, yet they say there's delays in paying out or whatever excuse they're using, then that's good enough for him. a bit of text on a random website says he's made money and he won't believe it otherwise until maybe the site actually shuts down.

even martis osborn (finchsells.com) had to admit it in his 2nd post on banners broker
    Is Banners Broker ‘Definitely’ a Ponzi Scheme?

In my last post, I came to the judgment that Banners Broker is a well-disguised ponzi scheme. I stand by that judgment.

In the comments, I faced a lot of questions from readers who thought I couldn’t possibly say with ’100% conviction’ that it is definitely a ponzi scheme. As much as it pains me to admit this, they are correct.

Theoretically, there is still a tiny chance that Banners Broker isn’t a ponzi scheme. Until the inevitable collapse, there remains a tiny shred of doubt.

The problem for those who back Banners Broker is that it is down to them to answer: “If Banners Broker isn’t a ponzi scam, what could it possibly be?”

we all know it's a ponzi scheme but we'll never have a smoking gun to satisfy the banners broker acolytes until they finally realise it themselves

Not really people were calling it a scam and said everyone lost there money they were shown that was not true and changed to call it a pyramid scheme. Like i said cant say it is or isnt but if it is all accept that but if it turns out not to be a scam or what ever the same cant be said for the people who say it is

No reply to my post?

I've walked you through the outline of the problems with it and provided links (As well as many others here).

Do you have a vested interest here?

the beauty of the scam is we'll never show proof to lal88 that will satisfy him.

even martis osborn (finchsells.com) had to admit it in his 2nd post on banners broker

we all know it's a ponzi scheme but we'll never have a smoking gun to satisfy the banners broker acolytes until they finally realise it themselves

I just take it like a court case proof. "Beyond a reasonable doubt"

There isn't any reasonable doubt left for BB to hide behind that is why it is beginning to collapse on it's home turf and they need to expand. Shills pop up and try to muddy the waters online and introduce doubt where really none exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Lads lads !!

Just send me 50 quid each ... you will double your money in 2 weeks, I can't tell you my business plan though, its secret.

Anyone find it strange that these "business opportunities" happen to pop up when there's an economic downturn ?
    When some companies are severely struggling, a company can claim to be selling air, not telling people what air they buy and sell and then make a 'profit' from.

Honestly, where do people think the money is coming from :D

Agent J wrote: »
    No reply to my post?

I've walked you through the outline of the problems with it and provided links (As well as many others here).

Do you have a vested interest here?

Has anyone shown anything where someone has said they lost money? Like i said goggling banners brokers scam doesnt really prove anything as the same can be done for anything. Like i said once someone shows me something when someone has actually lost money then ill be happy. Cant be that hard if you are all so sure its a scam now can it? Because surely there must be coutless examples of this

if he 'invested' his €200 and his account shows that he's earned €2k or whatever, yet they say there's delays in paying out or whatever excuse they're using, then that's good enough for him. a bit of text on a random website says he's made money and he won't believe it otherwise until maybe the site actually shuts down.

As i said before if it does turn out to be a scam ill be happy to accept that but is its not will the same be said for you and the others who say its is? I think we all know the answer there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Has anyone shown anything where someone has said they lost money? Like i said goggling banners brokers scam doesnt really prove anything as the same can be done for anything. Like i said once someone shows me something when someone has actually lost money then ill be happy. Cant be that hard if you are all so sure its a scam now can it? Because surely there must be coutless examples of this

Well from prior experience of a similar scheme the people that lose money on it stay stumm for the one of the reasons below:

A. They feel like a complete tool that they were drawn into it.
    B. They've more than likely drawn friends and family into the scheme and don't want to be associated with it anymore.
    C. The scheme is still running and they don't want to speak about it to others incase theres still a slim chance they might get their investment back.
    D. If anything, getting more people to join increases the chance you will get your money back and move the problem onto some other poor schmo.

Years ago it was much more dodgy, you basically flew over to Frankfurt to meet a person in a hotel room to pickup your 'investment returns'

Its gas that people are saying "I have X amount in my e-wallet, I wouldn't be surprised if the company that the cards are coming from are just fronting pay as you go Visa Cards and that company is probably connected with Banners Broker also.

In the end its nothing new, the symptoms are the same.
    'Meetings' in Hotels and Community centers around the place.
    The investment scheme is explained but in reality there is no scheme, just a complicated process that means pretty much nothing, people just believe its true because:

A. Real people say they got X amount of money.
    B. They can see they have money in their 'e-wallet'

I remember a lad bragging to me that he had made 20k from his 5k 'investment', flew over to Frankfurt, got his case of cash all in 500 euro notes.

Brought it to the local bank, they said 500 euro notes had to be verified by the Central Bank. Sent the money off, came back that 90% of it was fake.

Bear in mind that this guy had Cash in front of him, so to be honest looking at a number on a screen with some UK based company that the FSA has never heard of, I wouldn't count it as cash.

Basically .. if they are so huge and profitable, why give a Credit Card ?
    Why not just setup a holding company in the Netherlands or Ireland and do a SEPA Transfer ?

Much cheaper and faster (3 working days) and costs the same as a local transaction.

Advertisement