Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Rec Please

Options
  • 24-10-2012 8:48pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HI,

Built an extension onto my house recently and have to install an alarm asap.

Have cable in for 4 pir's and a panel up & downstairs and a few window sensors (as not all windows were replaced etc esp upstairs.)
    Is it possible to get a wireless option to put in garage (25m away) to connect to this sytem ?

edit - I have a server/nas so an addition of a camera may be added later !!! Possible ??

so- any recs please.
    appreciate it.

K

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Karl
    there are some listed in the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    There's also a link to the PSA register there.
    Installers here aren't allowed promote themselves obviousally.
    Perhaps your location would help if anyone has used someone local to you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Ok,

a bit more info after reading thru numerous posts.

I have all windows (except 1) & doors wired downstairs but nothing upstairs. Recent house renovations.

An aritech cs350 would do for the wired contacts.
    But can I get a Hkc alarm that will do all wired opes (keypad *2, 11 d/s window sensors, bell box, 2* pirs) and then complete the alarm with using wireless for the other upstairs 10 window opes wirelessly - the Hkc 10/70 ?
    I see the price of the wirelss contacts are dear - and could add 400 to the install. any other options ?
    A pir in the landing ?? I have a 6 core cable in the attic - for the ext box and a keypad upstairs.

The price difference between the 8/12 and the 10/70 is not as much as I thought.

Thx

K

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Aritech CS350 is obsolete and the 8/12 it's fairly old. These are the 2 panels you should be considering.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

Advertisement