Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you use to eat your dinner?

• 24-10-2012 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I generally use a knife and fork but if I'm in a hurry I'll just grab stuff with my fingers. If I have time and the meal ate well I may give the plate a quick lick. What tools do you use to eat your dinner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

My mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

hammers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

My butler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Ah you know, the usual - a newspaper, a candle, some lego, my freckles, shoelaces, the tv remote - that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

A condom.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Nothing, if I'm feeling posh my butler gets me some dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Anyone not eating with a splayd is so last century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

A tube wife's a poor cook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

My granny chews it and puts it back on the plate so I only have to swallow.

I generally use a knife and fork but if I'm in a hurry I'll just grab stuff with my fingers. If I have time and the meal ate well I may give the plate a quick lick. What tools do you use to eat your dinner?

Surely if you are in a hurry it'd be quicker to eat with a knife and fork.

Mash potatoes and beans with your fingers for example..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Scissors :Sigh:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

why isn't there a poll???? i choose atari jaguar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

A single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Eating with your hands? Really? REALLY? Anybody else getting an image of op picking up clumps of mashed potato and cabbage all over his hands and face falling on his clothes etc? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Eating with your hands? Really? REALLY? Anybody else getting an image of op picking up clumps of mashed potato and cabbage all over his hands and face falling on his clothes etc? :pac:

Yes and for desert I fill the bathtub with ice cream and sit there twiddling my strawberries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

and the gravy running through your fingers :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l just stick my head in the plate..no need for no forks no nothin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Me willy obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Are you 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Depends on the dish - mainly a knife and fork. However chipper food should always be eaten with your hands and out of a paper bag, never, ever put on a plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I'm practising with chipsticks until I'm good enough to use chopsticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Whos idea was it to serve fish and chips on newspaper anyways? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

A metal dealie. And another metal dealie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This is one of those threads that comes across so dumb I had to come in and gawk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

a fat guy wrote: »
    I'm practising with chipsticks until I'm good enough to use chopsticks.

i seriously think chopsticks are the way to go. they will slow you down eating which seems to be a problem for a lot of people and its terrible for digestion.

chipsticks are also a good idea because then when you think you've finished eating, oh look what we have here, 2 tasty chipsticks to finish off with. good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I'll just grab stuff with my fingers.

You having soup in a hurry wouldn't be a nice thing so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I mash it into sludge with my feet and then suck it off my toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Real Life wrote: »
    i seriously think chopsticks are the way to go. they will slow you down eating which seems to be a problem for a lot of people and its terrible for digestion.

chipsticks are also a good idea because then when you think you've finished eating, oh look what we have here, 2 tasty chipsticks to finish off with. good idea.

I know! And if they break, OH LOOK, I HAVE AN ENTIRE BAG OF THEM!

Not to mention that when someone has "wandering hands" at the table, poking them in the eye with a chipstick leaves less permanent damage than being stabbed with a fork.

I seriously don't see why chipsticks aren't sold in the cutlery section.

Utter madness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i have this amazing spoon with butter knife notches around the sides,i use that for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Depends on the dish - mainly a knife and fork.

Ruprecht..DONT take the cork off the fork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Running out of ideas for threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Actually on the topic of chopsticks I feckin' hate the things and the people that use them (here). You go in to any Asian restaurant that has them they also have cutlery too. Why would you bother your hole trying to eat with chopsticks when you can lurry the sh1te in to you better with a knife & fork?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spoon ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

My baggy foreskin.

Makes a handy scoop, and lends a delightful blue-cheese flavour to everything!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

bbam wrote: »
    You having soup in a hurry wouldn't be a nice thing so..

You could just drink it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement