Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City and Roberto Mancini.

• 24-10-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like City are crashing out of Europe at the group stages again.

3-1 down to Ajax at the moment.

Mancini's gone 5 at the back with Clichy as one of the 3 centre backs :confused:

How long will he be given before the owners grow tired of him? I'm sure they want to win the Champions League as well as the EPL.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

About time this thread happened....third goal went in ages ago:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Aren't these banned?!

Thread has merit though admittedly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Unbeaten in the premier league for **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

But do City really expect to win it so soon? How long did it take in the Abramovic era did it to take Chelsea to win the CL? 8-10 seasons?

And they did get a nasty group.

Mancini is trying to figure out his system for Europe. Sure, even SAF has and is trying to do the same. These things don't happen over night.

I have no doubt that City will eventually become a force in Europe provided their owners don't up and leave (and one can only dream of that happening!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Aren't these banned?!

Thread has merit though admittedly

27020834.jpg

• Advertisement

Getting knocked out early helped them in the league last year imo.

It takes a few years of playing in the CL before latter stages are gauranteed.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mancini in Europe xmas-sm2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

haven't lost in the league, 2 of there remaining 3 in group are at home. I'm sure he wont be sacked tonight

It looks so bad because united are pissing the easiest group in the champions league since uniteds group last year in the champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tbh I would have backed Dortmund and Madrid to qualify out of the group anyways, thought they would have beaten Ajax tonight but they've been surprisingly good! There's something going on there anyways!

Europa league is where it's at anyways :cool:

Tbh I would have backed Dortmund and Madrid to qualify out of the group anyways, thought they would have beaten Ajax tonight but they've been surprisingly good! There's something going on there anyways!

True

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Melion wrote: »
    Unbeaten in the premier league for **** sake
    Still a valid question to ask.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    But do City really expect to win it so soon? How long did it take in the Abramovic era did it to take Chelsea to win the CL? 8-10 seasons?

And they did get a nasty group.

Mancini is trying to figure out his system for Europe. Sure, even SAF has and is trying to do the same. These things don't happen over night.

I have no doubt that City will eventually become a force in Europe provided their owners don't up and leave (and one can only dream of that happening!).

How many managers did it take?

How many semi finals and finals did they reach in that space of time?

This is the second year in a row that City could get dumped out att the group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Did people really expect Mancini to win it in his first season or two at city, who do people think he is Rafa Benitez.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

And how long did it take for Chelsea to win it ?

Getting billions doesn't immediately turn your team into a CL winning squad.

I don't believe Mancini will do that either, but it's ridiculous to think that any other coach, bar Mourinho or Guardiola perhaps, would do much better.

It's simple: They lack the experience of European football.

As for Ajax, what a brilliant performance that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So true. So true. Thursday night is the new Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Still a valid question to ask.

How many managers did it take?

How many semi finals and finals did they reach in that space of time?

This is the second year in a row that City could get dumped out att the group stages.

TBF chelsea got to the semi finals of the CL in the first season of abramovich's $$$$$$.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement