Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing belling fan oven element

• 24-10-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a belling dual fuel /double oven cookcenter , and the fan oven is no longer heating. After some internet searching I believe it is the element that has given up, as everything else seems in order.

It is about 8 years old, and I do not know the model/serial number. I have looked inside the doors and cannot see these numbers anywhere. It is 110cm long and fitted in the kitchen so no chance of pulling out to check the back.

I rang local hardware shop and they insist that I need the model number before I can order the correct Element. I contacted Dimpco, and they gave me a part number that I could order online.

As i am very new to this i am a little concerned that one shop says without model number there is nothing I can do, and another can supply a part with little details of cooker given.

Can anyone with experience please advise - does second option sound plausible?

I have seen videos on YouTube on how to replace , so am thinking of ordering and replacing myself.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Its really east to replace the element if you know the make and model of the oven then that should be enough to get you the right part. I changed mine recently and it took about 10mins start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Hi,

I have a belling dual fuel /double oven cookcenter , and the fan oven is no longer heating. After some internet searching I believe it is the element that has given up, as everything else seems in order.

It is about 8 years old, and I do not know the model/serial number. I have looked inside the doors and cannot see these numbers anywhere. It is 110cm long and fitted in the kitchen so no chance of pulling out to check the back.

I rang local hardware shop and they insist that I need the model number before I can order the correct Element. I contacted Dimpco, and they gave me a part number that I could order online.

As i am very new to this i am a little concerned that one shop says without model number there is nothing I can do, and another can supply a part with little details of cooker given.

Can anyone with experience please advise - does second option sound plausible?

I have seen videos on YouTube on how to replace , so am thinking of ordering and replacing myself.

Thank you

I got one of these from espares
    http://www.espares.co.uk/
    If i remember right the serial number is along the door seam. Model number too. Take a good look maybe its covered up with gunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Thanks guys,

No sign of model number on my door seams Ronan :(.

I think I will take it off, and bring it to an electic shop and hopefully they can provide replacement, or compare pictures on Dimoco website and hope for the best when ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

I had a Belling element die on me also .. just removed it, brought it to trade electric shop - guy gave me equivalent part ( around 30 euro ) and it's worked perfect ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

^^^^^^^^^
    did exactly this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi top of the hill
    Try this company. They have parts for all domestic appliances.
    Quinnspares Ltd
    Address: Aughnacarna Durrow Tullamore Co. Offaly
    City of Offaly
    Phone: (057)9351729
    Categories: Domestic Appliances - Spare Parts,
    [URL="http:///"]NW[/URL]

Google or ring this company. Next day delivery they are a very good co.
    [URL="http:///"][/URL][URL="http:///"] [/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Thanks for all the help guys - it was as simple as you all said.

I watched youTube to see how to change the element, and was able to take it out in a couple of minutes. I went to local electric shop with the element and they had replacement for €28, which was easily put in and the cooker is now back in operation.

Thank you.

Advertisement