Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Salon or Barbers?

• 24-10-2012 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a new hair cut and I was wondering should I go to a salon or a barber shop?

Being an 19 year old male, I dont usually go to salons. I have hair thats about 4" at the longes part (fringe) and one at the shortest (usually shorter, but I left it for a while)

I havnt had my hair cut in two months, because I need I wanted to change it and wanted to give them more to work with.

Last time I changed my hair cut it took about 4-5 cuts before I got almost what I wanted and I still dont love it that much. Thats why I was going to go to a salon and because Im not 100% sure if it would suit me/my hair type and thought a stylist would be best at that.

But someone said to me that salons wont be as good at cutting short hair as a barber would.

I have an idea of what I want but Im not really sure, and my barber (I've tried others) isnt great of offering suggestions, just 'trys' to do as asked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

from my experience of working in both, go to a barber, maybe choose one thats trendy and bring a picture with you as an aid for the person cutting your hair.
    Hairdressers ( well ones ive worked with arent as adapted with sharp blends,razor work etc) Completely different techniques used. :D

maybe someone can suggest a barber in dublin thats on trend, if ur in cork i have suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

sunshiner wrote: »
    from my experience of working in both, go to a barber, maybe choose one thats trendy and bring a picture with you as an aid for the person cutting your hair.
    Hairdressers ( well ones ive worked with arent as adapted with sharp blends,razor work etc) Completely different techniques used. :D

maybe someone can suggest a barber in dublin thats on trend, if ur in cork i have suggestions.

Thanks, but its too late. I went to a toni&guy, with a photo, and they destroyed my hair. Absolutely nothing like what I asked for, it looks as if a 3 year old 'fixed' it while I was sleeping. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DanaScully

It may be a stupid question but what are the differences between Hair Salon and Barbers?

Advertisement