Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube Mobile Site.

Options
  • 24-10-2012 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...

I have a really unusual problem of the first world variety.
    When I log in to YouTube with my Gmail account on my laptop, it appears as the mobile site. I really don't know what is causing this and it's incredibly annoying. It's not happening on any other site and it only happens when I sign in. Do any of you know what the issue is? How do I fix it?
    I'm using Google Chrome if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...

I have a really unusual problem of the first world variety.
    When I log in to YouTube with my Gmail account on my laptop, it appears as the mobile site. I really don't know what is causing this and it's incredibly annoying. It's not happening on any other site and it only happens when I sign in. Do any of you know what the issue is? How do I fix it?
    I'm using Google Chrome if that makes any difference.

Do you have a Android in your laptop maybe?
    If you go to youtube.com does it redirect to m.youtube.com?
    There should be a Desktop Version link on the mobile page.

In Chrome press F12 and then the settings icon (cog wheel bottom right) and see if the User Agent isn't set to a mobile OS or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Do you have a Android in your laptop maybe?
    If you go to youtube.com does it redirect to m.youtube.com?
    There should be a Desktop Version link on the mobile page.

In Chrome press F12 and then the settings icon (cog wheel bottom right) and see if the User Agent isn't set to a mobile OS or something.

I don't know what that means :o
    No, the user agent isn't on mobile OS and it doesn't redirect to m.youtube :( and I can't see a desktop version link :/

I really don't know what the fuck is happening :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Android is an OS mainly on smartphones but I thought maybe you had a netbook with it or something, in which case maybe the browser would have a mobile User Agent and Youtube.

What does the mobile site look like for you?
    If it's not like the attachment, I'm not sure, what's the URL?

When I'm logged in, it looks like the first picture and when I'm not, it looks like the second one :/ The URL is just www.youtube.com

youtube mobile.png

Youtube.png

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Doesn't look like the mobile version, the layout is just slightly different.

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's definitely not tge desktop version. Looks a lot like the the version that is displayed on a tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

A possible glitch, if you have signed in on a smartphone already you may need to sign out before you can sign in on the laptop

Tried that. Im signed out now and it's still like that. Even after signing out and back in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Tried that. Im signed out now and it's still like that. Even after signing out and back in again.
    Still some glitch I think, have you tried clearing your cache & deleting cookies?

Yup, tried that too. Tried to use another browser also but tthe same thing happened. Tis weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I think YouTube is in the process of rolling out a new site design for all users. By the time they're finished it'll look like that for everyone.

One thread about it on Google Product Forums here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Clear your cache and all internet history in chrome and you should be fine. Bad Cookie or sumtin is stored

I think YouTube is in the process of rolling out a new site design for all users. By the time they're finished it'll look like that for everyone.

One thread about it on Google Product Forums here.

Really?? Holy shït it looks awful!

Advertisement