Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thieving gits.

Options
  • 24-10-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Anyone with an elderly relative in the Dublin 14 area should warn them not to open their doors to people they don't know.

My mother allowed a young lad into her home yesterday, he used the ruse that he was looking for his lost kitten, and he stole her purse. He confused her by implying he was friends with a neighbour so she let her guard down.

I spoke to a Garda in Dundrum at 9 pm just to give them the heads up and he said that it was happening an awful lot lately.:mad:

Mind you he still hasn't phoned me back to get details but that is a whole other story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Sorry to hear about it - a sign of the times it seems. Regarding the Guards, i'd follow up on this to ensure they actually do log the incident even if they have no intention of investigating. Get a pulse number from them as proof they have logged the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Thanks I meant to do that today, was even in Dundrum......I will however be there again tomorrow and I will check. My mother is upset and embarrassed.

Advertisement