Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ground floor privacy...suggestions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

ebixa82 wrote: »
    What more would you like to know?
    ebixa, I thought of a question there while I was in the car and the heat of my body after my run steamed up the windows - does the window film stay on fine through normal apartment living, steam, cooking etc... it doesnt go peely at the sides from condensation?

What about washing it - as in, i wash the insides of the windows from time to time - can you wash it?

Basically, how does it hold up to normal living conditions and different window temperatures (cold winter vs hot sun), and can it be washed?

Thanks ebixa - youve been very helpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Basically, how does it hold up to normal living conditions and different window temperatures (cold winter vs hot sun), and can it be washed?

Thanks ebixa - youve been very helpful.

I would presume after many years some fading will occur.

I've only had them for 6 months so far. As stated mine are in the bedrooms so condensation, cooking etc. isn't an issue. I cleaned them with water and a small amount of windowlene.

A female friend of mine put them up herself and did a very good job (don't mean to sound too sexist there) so it may not be as difficult as I thought.

Give them a go, if you are not happy, just take it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Give them a go, if you are not happy, just take it down.

Yeah true. Just thinking, they must be fine with condensation because presumably people would use them on bathroom windows.

Thanks again!

Advertisement