Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry cat

• 24-10-2012 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

What's normal for a cat? My one is always hungry. He doesnt stop miowing and scraping you until he's fed. He's fed about 6 or 7 times a day with nuts and a packet of wet food.

Does anyone have a similar cat. Is it the food. Could it be the cheap food like the shop branded stuff. He's so demanding.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Is he wormed regularly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Yeah, I worm him monthly as he's always catching mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It could be the food then, maybe try a higher quality dry food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

He's fed about 6 or 7 times a day with nuts and a packet of wet food.

Few questions....

How much would you say in gms (or cupfuls if easier) would this add up to?
    How old is he?
    Does he drink water?
    What's his weight like?
    wrote:
    Could it be the cheap food like the shop branded stuff. He's so demanding.
    It could be, but if you're not feeding the right quantity too per kg of body weight then he will be hungry. Mine for his bodyweight should get ~80gms of Royal Canin Male Neutered or Indoor.He grazes though so i split it throughout the day. He's a muncher though (dont believe the myth cats will stop eating when they're full) and would eat double if allowed. I'm currently trying to get his weight down.

Advertisement