Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

L.C. Business (H & O) and J.C. Business Studies (H & O) Schems of Works & Notes

• 24-10-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I know this is a big ask, but are there any Business Studies teachers out there who would be willing to pass me on a copy of their Junior Cert Business Studies Scheme of Work and notes/resources and finally their Leaving Cert Business Scheme of Work and notes/resources ??

I have never taught in Ireland before and so I would love to have all these teaching resources to hand , as I have a job interview next week and I need all the help I can get....:confused:

I know this is a big ask, but i would be very appreciatative of any help given!!!!

Cheers,
    Galwaypest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

You can't actually be serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Galwaypest wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I know this is a big ask, but are there any Business Studies teachers out there who would be willing to pass me on a copy of their Junior Cert Business Studies Scheme of Work and notes/resources and finally their Leaving Cert Business Scheme of Work and notes/resources ??

I have never taught in Ireland before and so I would love to have all these teaching resources to hand , as I have a job interview next week and I need all the help I can get....:confused:

I know this is a big ask, but i would be very appreciatative of any help given!!!!

Cheers,
    Galwaypest

Maybe you should look up the NCCA website for guides on teaching your subjects and have a look at the syllabi for leaving and junior cert. You are not going to get anyone schemes of work as there is an enormous amount of work put into them. Same with resources!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

There are very few teachers who would be willing to share there schemes of works and especially their notes. These are resources that take hundreds of hours of work to design and it is a very important part of your job to do this work yourself as you learn the ins and outs of your subjects thoroughly.
    You need to go to the ncca website and get the syllabus for your subjects. Go onto examinations.ie and look at the past papers to see what the structure is. Read up any reports on your subject from the department of education. Look at the books for the subjects. Putting time into it yourself will make you a better teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

I am not a business teacher and won't be sharing my notes with people on the internet (apart from uploading them to tes.co.uk which I use a lot). That said, I hope we are all sharing schemes, notes and powerpoints in work. I worked in an amazing school last year and we all uploaded to dropbox. I still use their resources this year and they use mine. Changes perspectives and gives ideas, as well as saving precious time. Give and take makes it all easier but you have to be prepared to give, not just post online and ask for years of work!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This can only end badly, so I think I'll lock it now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement