Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BERLIN MARATHON 29/9/2013

Options
  • 24-10-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

At noon on Thursday, October 25, online registration for the 40th BMW BERLIN MARATHON. The limit is set at 40,000 participants. The registration fee for the first 10,000 registrants is 60 Euros. The next 15,000 registrations will have a 90 Euro fee, and the remaining will have a 110 Euro fee.
    Thinking of reg for this, very positive feed back from boardies who ran it this year.

last years thread

race website

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

11am our time.

That was easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Woddle wrote: »
    That was easy

I just saw of FB that the firsy 10k places were sold in 1 minute :eek:. This could fill up today...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

wow the first 10k places went quick. Anyway i have registered my name.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I just saw of FB that the firsy 10k places were sold in 1 minute :eek:. This could fill up today...

Saw that, still on group 2 now. You doing it ?

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    Saw that, still on group 2 now. You doing it ?

Not this time, it's like a bogey race for me.

Only the 110 euro places left :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Just signed up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Got in as part of group 2 for 90, anyone get in as pert of group 1 for 60?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Just pre-registered as well for €90 entry. Thats the easy part. Now to see if the OH fancies a trip to Berlin next September ;)

• Advertisement

happygoose wrote: »
    Got in as part of group 2 for 90, anyone get in as pert of group 1 for 60?

Yep, had my confirmation mail at 11:00 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

it has gone to 110 Euro now so 25k people are registered already ????

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Working nights last night and set alarm for 12, missed out on €60 & €90 reg. Pre-registered for €110, not sure if I'll do it now making it that expensive. :mad::(
    Now have to get back to sleep.

Well the early price went from 66 to 60 euro this year which is good. Compare it to New York its a bargin.

40k places sold out in 3hours 31minutes :eek: I thought it went quick last year (sold out in about a week).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Sold out?!?! But I've been training for this for months, anyone have a race entry they're not using?
    :pac:

RayCun wrote: »
    Sold out?!?! But I've been training for this for months, anyone have a race entry they're not using?
    :pac:

I'd imagine they'll be going up on ebay soon enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Mental, but I think more places will come online in a few weeks when people don't take the per-registered entries.

Last time the participation limit was reached after 6 weeks ???

I bet someone has scripted the forum for a laugh because that doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I got in in 2008 in late April. Does anyone know the story with pre registration ? Do they just want it full in record time ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Everyone around the world clearly read our logs here and it went viral and wanted to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

I was lucky and got in at 11.01 for €60, my friend got in shortly after for €90, went very fast. It was only pre-registration, need to pay up the week of Nov. 5th so maybe more spots open then. If I was suspiciously minded I'd say someone wrote a script to block book the spaces as there was no captcha or payment details required, just name, DOB and email, might be worth chancing your arm and contact them to ask to be put on a waiting list.

In training news, heading to the Santry Sports Clinic next week for 'RED', some running training program in preparation for this, sore ankle, hip, shin splints over the years so hoping this helps, apparently they'll show me how to run injury free as I up the miles, they better for €200 ;(

Also, from last years thread recommendation I booked in here, apparently it's on the start/finish line...
    http://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/berlin/hotel-berlin-hauptbahnhof/#t=hotelinfo

Can't seem to price any decent flights yet, Aerlingus only let you book 300 days in advance so that's Sept 20th at the moment.

Looking forward to the post race pints already!

Go Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

After my sleep I feel better and am glad I just got in now. Booked Novotel hotel for €500 for 3 nights so the whole family is off Berlin.

Is it too early to start training, doing DCM on Monday, anyone up for 10 miles Tuesday morning.:D

"Registration for the 40th BMW BERLIN-MARATHON starts on Thursday, October 25th, 2012. This year the participant capacity of 40.000 starters will probably be reached until December." from their site. something fishy is up.

It seems to start "Straße des 17. Juni/B2/B5" ?

The motel one is booked out.
    "Hotel Berlin Berlin, Lützowplatz, Berlin, Germany" on octopustravel.com with free cancellation up to 2 weeks before the race with them as a year is a long way away. 147 per night for twin room with breakfast. Double 128 no breakfast. 147 double with breakfast. 1.2km walk to center of tiergarden. 6.15 a.m. breakfast starts. You can get better prices but I don't know how to book a twin on their site http://www.hotel-berlin.de/en/the-hotel/location-directions.html

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Thats incredible, 3.5 hours!
    40th Anniversary is obviously the main reason behind this.

I stayed at Motel One Haupbahnhof this year and would recommend that to people if its still available. Double Room was €125 per night and €7.50 per adult for a superb buffett breakfast (we didnt book breakfast with the room originally but decided to pay on arrival). Also spotlessly clean,
    Great location for the race. Hotel is just behind main train station. 1500mtrs from Reichstage/Brandenburg Gate.
    Only issue was no nearby restaurant.
    Hope this helps someone.

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Thats incredible, 3.5 hours!
    40th Anniversary is obviously the main reason behind this.

I stayed at Motel One Haupbahnhof this year and would recommend that to people if its still available. Double Room was €125 per night and €7.50 per adult for a superb buffett breakfast (we didnt book breakfast with the room originally but decided to pay on arrival). Also spotlessly clean,
    Great location for the race. Hotel is just behind main train station. 1500mtrs from Reichstage/Brandenburg Gate.
    Only issue was no nearby restaurant.
    Hope this helps someone.

So Not only did you miss us in the Pub, but you were also staying in the same hotel as us :pac:
    There actually is a nearby Italian, less than 400m away. A few of us went there the night before and it was cheap but good.

+1 on the Hotel by the way absolutely perfect for the race and the breakfast starts at 6am on maraton day.

Booked and have stayed there before a twin/double room Hotel Sylter Hof Berlin City West, Berlin on Laterooms.com . Room only is 105 euro per night. Breakfast is an extra 20 euro per night. There is a bar in the lobby that serves nice berliner beer so a handy meeting point post race :) Short walk to start/finish. Also near a few bars and restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

Stuck the name in the hat for Berlin. Wasn't quick enough off the mark with entry though, so had to make do with a €110 entry...not ideal, but I figure it might be the only marathon I run next year, so I'll take the hit. Looking forward to it already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

menoscemo wrote: »
    So Not only did you miss us in the Pub, but you were also staying in the same hotel as us :pac:

Ah christ, im a feckin disaster. Going to have to print a few extra boardsac t-shirts for clowns like me.

Dont know how i make it through the day sometimes:D

Advertisement