Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BERLIN MARATHON 29/9/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

Mr Slow wrote: »
    There may be a second round of offers but you'd be very lucky to get one.

:( Does that one work on a first come or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

jc_eire wrote: »
    Is it too late to apply does anyone know?
    There is charity ones available. 154 I think. 44 of it goes to charity. It ain't worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jc_eire wrote: »
    :( Does that one work on a first come or?

Friend them on Facebook and you'll get a notification when they go live, think the website has details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

from the official website
    2012-10-25

Registration for the 2013 BMW BERLIN MARATHON is closed. The participation limit of 40,000 was reached after three and a half hours.

Several tour operators still have some bib numbers left.

All pre-registered receive an email with a personal code and have to perform their final registration between November 5th and 9th (Paps test, any desired extras).

On November 16th information will be provided (via website, Facebook/Twitter and newsletter) on how many spots in each of the three categories will be open again for registration.
    On November 17th at 6 p.m. those remaining spots are open again for registration

Checked Aer Lingus for flights and you're looking in the region of €170 iirc, the option is to fly Fri late evening or Sat morning at 7am, I've booked Motel One as a safety but had to take 3 days as a package €307 so it will suit me to go on Friday, the last thing you want is to be knackered the day before the race. It's 25km into the City Centre but we can fall into groups for taxi's and share the load.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Checked Aer Lingus for flights and you're looking in the region of €170 iirc, the option is to fly Fri late evening or Sat morning at 7am, I've booked Motel One as a safety but had to take 3 days as a package €307 so it will suit me to go on Friday, the last thing you want is to be knackered the day before the race. It's 25km into the City Centre but we can fall into groups for taxi's and share the load.

There's a train from the Airport direct to Hauptbanhof (50 metres from Motel one). It only costs a few Euros and is much quicker than a taxi...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

menoscemo wrote: »
    There's a train from the Airport direct to Hauptbanhof (50 metres from Motel one). It only costs a few Euros and is much quicker than a taxi...
    +1 on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

That sh!thole of an airport will be gone come next September.

Edit - Sorry, it will still be there, new Airport doesn't open 'til Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

happygoose wrote: »
    That sh!thole of an airport will be gone come next September.

Edit - Sorry, it will still be there, new Airport doesn't open 'til Oct.

For the capital of Germany it is some embarrassing airport in fairness. ther new one was suppose to open in June this year too. Postponed with 4 weeks to go to opening due to safety issues! delayed for over a year! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

blockic wrote: »
    For the capital of Germany it is some embarrassing airport in fairness. ther new one was suppose to open in June this year too. Postponed with 4 weeks to go to opening due to safety issues! delayed for over a year! :eek:

In fairness, there are 3 airports serving Berlin.
    Tegel is the main airport into which the main airlines fly (note: Aer Fungus and Ryanair do not use Tegel). Then they also have Schnoefeld (aforementioned sh!thole) and one other I cannot rem the name of.
    Tegel is the Heathrow of Berlin.
    Schonefeld is the Stansted of Berlin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Flights booked €405.96 for the two of us, ouch
    Fly out at 7:20am and have decided to come home Sunday

Woddle wrote: »
    Flights booked €405.96 for the two of us, ouch
    Fly out at 7:20am and have decided to come home Sunday

Boooo!

You'll be shattered D, up at stupid o'clock to be in the airport for 5:30, you can't check in til 3 and have the expo to go to, not the best prep imo. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Boooo!

You'll be shattered D, up at stupid o'clock to be in the airport for 5:30, you can't check in til 3 and have the expo to go to, not the best prep imo. :o

We've done it before and it works out well, drop bags to hotel and go explore and get number. It actually allows you time to relax. Coming home on the Sunday is a bit annoying but it means my wife only misses one day of work instead of 2 and with the kids and school it's just simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Woddle wrote: »

We've done it before and it works out well, drop bags to hotel and go explore and get number. It actually allows you time to relax. Coming home on the Sunday is a bit annoying but it means my wife only misses one day of work instead of 2 and with the kids and school it's just simpler.
    Worked for me before too. You will be on bed asleep at 9 sat night.

Looks like I am sh*t out of luck trying to fly from Cork ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rom wrote: »
    Looks like I am sh*t out of luck trying to fly from Cork ;(
    Can you not fly somewhere else and get the train to Berlin?

Can you not fly somewhere else and get the train to Berlin?
    I looked into that too but no there is no options that work. Tried all of Germany and Poland. Like Munich is 5 hrs by train so its just as handy to get a connecting flight or drive to dublin which seems like the best option now. Hope to fly in on the friday and get a good nights sleep as will be up early for 7:20 flight that morning and then back early Monday. At least driving to Dublin I know where I am going (with the sat Nav on that is) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Hope to fly in on the friday and get a good nights sleep as will be up early for 7:20 flight that morning and then back early Monday.

Looking into booking flights as well, Aer lingus flight on Fridays at 17:50 getting in at 21:00. Also Ryanair fly to Berlin at 9:50 on Fridays, but wont be available to book for a few months. Either way its a trip to Dublin, can turn the sat nav to German language to get you in the mood:D
    Looks like I'll be going out on the early flight and may not come back till Tuesday as family are coming as well.

I flew Cork Berlin direct last time I was there with Aer Lingus. Then the move the route to Munich ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

I paid up on Friday last, 90 euro. Looking forward to it already.

• Advertisement

Flights booked just need the next 45 weeks to whizz by and we're off! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

2.500 registration codes were not used during the registration period. These start tickets will be open for pre-registration on Saturday, 17. November at 6 p.m. (CET).

There are 85 start tickets left for 60 Euros, 1.417 for 90 Euros and 998 for 110 Euros.

All pre-registered persons will receive a confirmation via email plus another email with a personal code in the week between 19th and 23rd of November. They can then complete their full registration (Paps test, any desired extras). This code will expire after November 30th.

1.000 charity start tickets left

After those 2.500 start tickets are gone, there are another 1.000 Charity start tickets left . These are available for 110€ plus a donation of 42,19 Euros for the RTL-Spendenmarathon, a charity for children in need.

There will be no pre-registration for these charity start tickets.

for the people who pre-registered on the initial day of sale: did the process take long ? Was there 90 minutes of refreshing page or how did it work..? I'd imagine the server will be under pressure with such a small number available tomorrow

ergo wrote: »
    for the people who pre-registered on the initial day of sale: did the process take long ? Was there 90 minutes of refreshing page or how did it work..? I'd imagine the server will be under pressure with such a small number available tomorrow

It was very easy. There must have it hosted in the cloud so no delay. I think I registered at like 11:15 and the first 10k places were gone already. It just requires your name and DOB and email address to get the code. Note 6 CET I believe is 5 but you should triple check that.

Note 6 CET I believe is 5 but you should triple check that.

have double-checked that at least - it does seem to be at 5pm Irish time alright.... *fingers crossed* ....two of us trying to get places

ergo wrote: »
    have double-checked that at least - it does seem to be at 5pm Irish time alright.... *fingers crossed* ....two of us trying to get places

Best of luck. Flights from Dublin Aer Lingus Fri-Mon are 155 euro which seem like the best value.

Jaysus, that was stressful!

kept getting "page unavailable" when tried to register :(

eventually we got in a couple of minutes ago and got two €90 places - got the confirmation e-mails straight away :)

just the training to do now :rolleyes:

just checked again and registration closed . phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Has anyone started specific training for this yet?
    13th of May puts us at 20 weeks out.
    Who else is doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Doing it, won't do anything specific until after the Dunshaughlin 10k. 3 months out from it then.

Advertisement