Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BERLIN MARATHON 29/9/2013

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Can we track runners at Berlin today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Not sure about tracking but there's a live stream here - http://www.sportschau.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

opus wrote: »
    Not sure about tracking but there's a live stream here - http://www.sportschau.de/

It's live on Eurosport also if you have it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

World record for Wilson Kipsang! Eliud Kipchoge 2:04:05.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Pherekydes wrote: »
    World record for Wilson Kipsang! Eliud Kipchoge 2:04:05.

Hope that fool who jumped out and crossed the line before him gets a lifetime ban:mad:
    What a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thomas Frazier ran 2:17:45

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

2:49:02 for Wideball. Bam!
    2:38:09 for Lizzy Lee. Excellent run.

Figs ran 2:57:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Sub 3:05 for me today. Was going well and planed for neg split . Cramp set in. Probably didnt warrent sub 3 as training has not been great but enjoyed it. Now for a few beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Gladys Ganiel 2:39:36
    Philip Harty 2:21:53
    My brother ran 2.47

Philip Harty even got his mug on the telly. Great results from the Irish out there today. Chicago should be interesting if anyone is going to chase the new WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

2:49:02 for Wideball. Bam!
    2:38:09 for Lizzy Lee. Excellent run.

Cheers, perfect race in perfect conditions. Managed a minute negative split which was a first for me to negative split a marathon. It felt great to be able to pick up the pace from 30km marker and start to pass runners. It really does help the spirit and the kms go by quicker than my normal death march to the finish line ;) If only I hadn't stopped for a toilet break after 3km... those 2 seconds.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Just behind you Wideball, high 2:49's. So so delighted, its really at the top end of what I was hoping for. I ran a similar race, even 5k splits to 35k and tried pushing on slightly then.

Course, day, organisation etc really lends itself to good times. I was there as a spectator last year, 1st time to do it this year. A fantastic race in a great city. Great to see so many Irish club singlets in the finish area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Figs ran 2:57:34

Tks RQ - Just back after an amazing experience in Berlin. The city is great, but what a race - brilliant organisation, flat course, and the perfect conditions to match it.

I'm pretty amazed (and estatic) at my own time - my preparation had been far from ideal, and was undecided even the night before as to whether I take it easy and try for Dublin. Decided in the end to give it a bash, and felt good at halfway. Just tried to hold it together from there and avoid a spectacular blowout!

Delighted for all the other lads and ladies who ran too - the majority that I bumped into came away happy. Well done to Wideball - impressive running.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Tough day out coming home in a disappointing 3:23:27, going well up to half way but crampped up at 16 miles and suffered the rest of the way home.
    really enjoyed the big marathon experience and its a lovely city but still have some unfinished work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

My brother ran 2.47

I asked him to give me all the details, a full race debrief and as usual with Niall what I got was one line: It was a doddle

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

Have to agree with all the others re what a great experience Berlin was in terms of the organisation, the support, the flat course and as a bonus the perfect weather on Sunday :)

had a tough day myself, was very happy that my foot injury never flared up at all but I seriously over-estimated my fitness / under-estimated how much fitness I had lost :eek:

did the first half in just over 90 mins- when I realised very soon after that the sub 3 was definitely a non-runner (bearing in mind my PB is 3:02) I tried to back off the pace completely but the damage was already done - my calves were screaming at me from 24 K mark - I really struggled home, toughest and slowest marathon I've done - came home in the end in 3:21....but , having said all that, it was a strangely positive experience...plus I really enjoyed those beers at the end and chilling out on the Reichstag lawn in the sun :cool:

I do have some serious unfinished business there too though...

Advertisement