Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance work and JSA

Options
  • 25-10-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I have been on JSA while looking for work since I have come out of college. I studied tv and film production so have been looking for work in that line. I have recently landed a job where I will be doing freelance editing for a company full time and it will last at least 4 or 5 months.

I have done a good bit of research on everything and understand that I will have to register for self-assessment before I begin.

It took a few months for me to find a job, but JSA has kept me going through this. My main worry is when I finish up my work with this company that I will be self employed and there could be a chance that it would be some time before I get work with another company. From what I have read I will no longer be able to sign on for JSA even if I'm not working??

I was just wondering if this is true and if anyone could shed any light on this situation and what my options might be down the line.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

Advertisement