Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 33), Oct 26, 2012

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jaysus that was cold.
    The Barron was in inspired form today. The save he made from Hugh Douglas' brain fart was quality. Played absolutely sh!te though. Paul O'Connor was surprisingly off form today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jaysus that was cold.
    The Barron was in inspired form today. The save he made from Hugh Douglas' brain fart was quality. Played absolutely sh!te though. Paul O'Connor was surprisingly off form today.

Yeah, this. Not just cos we sat together. Ucd played better football, but Shels looked most likely to win, bar Barrons heroics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, this. Not just cos we sat together. Ucd played better football, but Shels looked most likely to win, bar Barrons heroics.

Paddy!
    Paddy!
    PADDY!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Shams classy as ever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Shams classy as ever..
    their fans and players lived up to reputation anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Shams classy as ever..
    gustavo wrote: »
    their fans and players lived up to reputation anyway.

Do tell us more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    P W D L F A Pts
    Sligo Rvrs 30 17 10 3 53 23 61
    Drogheda U 30 17 6 7 51 36 57
    St. Pat's 30 15 10 5 44 22 55
    Shamrock R 30 14 10 6 56 37 52
    Derry City 30 11 6 13 36 36 39
    Cork City 30 8 12 10 38 36 36
    Bohemian 30 9 9 12 35 38 36
    Shelbourne 30 9 8 13 35 43 35
    UCD 30 8 7 15 32 48 31
    Bray Wndrs 30 5 10 15 33 54 25
    Dundalk 30 4 8 18 23 63 20

So, we have a league table that's worth looking at.

And you call us obsessed :confused:

Small time celebrating a mid table finish tbh, even if it is the best you've ever achieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Do tell us more?
    A load of windows were smashed in Mooney's (the pre-match pub in Sligo) before the game. Started on random fans too. Allegedly, of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Do tell us more?
    smashed a good few windows in the pub before the game.one young lad got smashed in the head with a glass and a couple of slaps where thrown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seren_ wrote: »
    A load of windows were smashed in Mooney's (the pre-match pub in Sligo) before the game. Started on random fans too. Allegedly, of course ;)
    smashed a good few windows in the pub before the game.one young lad got smashed in the head with a glass and a couple of slaps where thrown.

ouch.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm guessing Shams refused to do the guard of honour. Well within their rights of course, but still poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Christ we were awful tonight, Drogs just had to kick the ball at our defence and it looked like going in, could have been an absolute mauling if not for some poor finishing from Drogs, including missing a wide open goal from 6 yards under no pressure :p

Happy with 7th place though :)

Jaysus that was an abysmal way to wrap up a season that, in fairness, exceeded expectations.
    I never leave early but it was so feckin' cold last night I would have but for having to applaud the lads season effort.

I seriously couldn't feel anything below me knees.
    Or above me knees.
    Or me knees.

Brrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Squelchy wrote: »
    Jaysus that was an abysmal way to wrap up a season that, in fairness, exceeded expectations.
    I never leave early but it was so feckin' cold last night I would have but for having to applaud the lads season effort.

I seriously couldn't feel anything below me knees.
    Or above me knees.
    Or me knees.

Brrrr.

The only thing that made it OK for Bray not to be playing at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Twice this season we have been attacked by the same idiots down the road from Dalymount . Walked into the off Licence with another 5 Drogs fans only for the window to come in after us , glass everywhere and a few of us got cuts but nothing serious , then they proceeded to throw a bottle in after us which just missed my head ! Seriously could have killed me ffs . The attacked at least 4 fans on the road for no reason whatsoever . All completely out of order but the most annoying part of it is the cops that where walking down the rd after the game in front of us went right instead of left down towards our buses . They then arrived on the scene and wanted to arrest some of us because we asked them where the f**k they where when we where getting attacked ! .... Thats twice now we have been caught out but its the last time i tell you ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Twice this season we have been attacked by the same idiots down the road from Dalymount . Walked into the off Licence with another 5 Drogs fans only for the window to come in after us , glass everywhere and a few of us got cuts but nothing serious , then they proceeded to throw a bottle in after us which just missed my head ! Seriously could have killed me ffs . The attacked at least 4 fans on the road for no reason whatsoever . All completely out of order but the most annoying part of it is the cops that where walking down the rd after the game in front of us went right instead of left down towards our buses . They then arrived on the scene and wanted to arrest some of us because we asked them where the f**k they where when we where getting attacked ! .... Thats twice now we have been caught out but its the last time i tell you ....

Who are the same idiot down the road from Dalymount? Surely not Shels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Bohs casuals twats .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Bohs casuals twats .

Nice bunch of lads :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jaysus that was cold.

2 unreal saves by Barron.

Was frozen out there last night, must say I couldn't hack that every Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pity to end the season with an absolute drubbing but nonetheless I've thoroughly enjoyed going to Dalymount this season.

Dunno what to do on Friday's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

The police were so dumb. If anyone deserved a few slaps it was them!

Great performance though. Its not often we go to Dalyer and wipe the floor with them like that, twas most enjoyable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »
    :pac:

Hope the rest of the night goes more to plan
    Finally sober enough to type :p

Fair play to Shams, luckily we were able to do it when it actually counted..

Load of crap outside the pub beforehand that I don't particularly want to get into. Fair play to the genuine Shams fans that came down and were good craic in the pub before and after. Sort out the ***** and ye'll have a decent club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

We were all over Waterford for the first 10 minutes and then got hit on the counter attack. Kirbs got a consolation goal in the last minute. Fitting in one way that his final goal for the club was against Waterford.

Another season over, another season in the first awaits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We were all over Waterford for the first 10 minutes and then got hit on the counter attack. Kirbs got a consolation goal in the last minute. Fitting in one way that his final goal for the club was against Waterford.

Another season over, another season in the first awaits...

Come onnnn. It's the LOI. You're guaranteed a spot in the PD. Someone will go pop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Finally sober enough to type :p

Fair play to Shams, luckily we were able to do it when it actually counted..

Load of crap outside the pub beforehand that I don't particularly want to get into. Fair play to the genuine Shams fans that came down and were good craic in the pub before and after. Sort out the ***** and ye'll have a decent club.

We're working on it.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Its very much a minority that are the issue but unfortunatly ye'll all be tarred with the one brush. The Shams lads in the pub copped a lot of flack after the bottles came through the windows. They'd been there all day and were in good form and in no way associated with the scumbags outside.

geeky wrote: »
    We're working on it.... :(

Ignore the idiots, they are only looking for attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Ignore the idiots, they are only looking for attention :)

Ah I know every fanbase has a gob****e element and, with a big pool of potential fans, we've more gob****es. Just really irritating that Gardai have to treat every Rovers fan as a potential menace because some knacker wants to use football as an excuse to jump on someone's head. Until we start handing out lifetime stadium and/or travel bans, the issue won't go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Until we start handing out lifetime stadium and/or travel bans, the issue won't go away.

Can 400 club members be banned?

Ah I know every fanbase has a gob****e element and, with a big pool of potential fans, we've more gob****es. Just really irritating that Gardai have to treat every Rovers fan as a potential menace because some knacker wants to use football as an excuse to jump on someone's head. Until we start handing out lifetime stadium and/or travel bans, the issue won't go away.

But how will that be managed? Like in Germany, where they have files about everyone who showed any kind of 'challenging' behaviour during a match? Asking that person to hand in his ID and report to his local police station every hour during a crucial matchday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can 400 club members be banned?

400 club doesn't exist, hasn't for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

400 club doesn't exist, hasn't for years

The other name for them is prolly a bannable offence :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Seem to remember either the Gardai or FAI blocking an attempt to make a shared list of banned supporters a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

400 club doesn't exist, hasn't for years[/QUOTT

Touch of inflation there, only 119 of them anyways !!

Secman

Advertisement