Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Couple For Today

Options
  • 25-10-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭

An Arab walks into a bar and is about to order a drink when he sees a guy close by wearing a Jewish cap, a prayer shawl/tzitzis and traditional locks of hair.

He doesn't have to be an Einstein to know that this guy is Jewish.

So he shouts over to the bartender loudly enough that everyone can hear,

Drinks for everyone in here, bartender, but not for that Jew over there".

Soon after the drinks have been handed out, the Jew gives him a big smile, waves at him, then says, "Thank you!" in an equally loud voice.

This infuriates the Arab. He once again loudly orders drinks for everyone except the Jew.

As before, this does not seem to bother the Jewish guy. He continues to smile, and again yells, "Thank you!"

The Arab asks the bartender, "What's the hell is the matter with that Jew?

I've ordered two rounds of drinks for everyone in the bar but him, and all the silly bugger does is smile and thank me. Is he nuts?"

"Nope," replies the bartender. "He owns the place."

An Australian travel writer touring Canada was checking out of the Vancouver Hilton, and as he paid his bill said to the manager,

"By the way, what's with the Indian chief sitting in the lobby? He's been there ever since I arrived."

"Oh that's 'Big Chief Forget-me Not'," said the manager. "

The hotel is built on an Indian reservation, and part of the agreement is to allow the chief free use of the premises for the rest of his life.

He is known as 'Big Chief Forget-me Not' because of his phenomenal memory.

He is 92 and can remember the slightest details of his life."

The travel writer took this in, and as he was waiting for his cab decided to put the chief's memory to the test.

"G'dye, myte!" said the Aussie, receiving only a slight nod in return.

"What did you have for brikfast on your 21st birthdye?"

"Eggs," was the chief's instant reply, without even looking up, and indeed the Aussie was impressed.

He went off on his travel writing itinerary, right across to the east coast and back, telling others of Big Chief Forget-me Not's great memory.

One local noted to him that 'How' was a more appropriate greeting for an Indian chief than 'G'dye myte.'

On his return to the Vancouver Hilton six months later, he was surprised to see 'Big Chief Forget-me Not' still sitting in the lobby, fully occupied with whittling away on a stick.

"How," said the Aussie.

"Scrambled," said the Chief.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement