Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Softer Reefs that work at mid/high tide

Options
  • 25-10-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey

So after an amazing trip to Bali and taking on a number of reefs for the 1st time I am looking to find some nice breaks along the west coast which are not too heavy and work at mid/high tide..

Does anyone have any advice on some "learning" reef breaks that would be suitable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Grupuk bay in Lombok is worth the trek if your there for a while. As mellow as it gets over there. Beautiful place too. Didn't surf anything mellow in Bali. You could pick up a guide book somewhere.
    Id say he means the west coast of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Depends where your based and surf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Decos wrote: »
    Id say he means the west coast of Ireland

:D ah yes,

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Not on a public forum! First off, there are way too many variables to give any worthwhile advice. Secondly, this spoonfeeding approach will not help you learn or develop.

Seriously though, just go and travel along the coast, watch different reefs at different stages of the tides, see how others are getting in / getting out, how particular conditions work on the spots.

The internet has no idea of what your level of surfing is, where you are based, what you surf etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Just to clarify it is the West of Ireland I am looking at..

Some of the reefs I know are PMPA/**** Pipi (Bundoran), Black Spot, The peak, Easky, Spanish Point as I have been to them a few times so would any of them be good to start paddling into?

As I said I just started surfing reefs while in Bali but I can control the board as in I will not just start firing along taking out all in front of me and I am good at getting to my feet and ok at turning the board.. Not good in the slightest as a surfer but hey thats why I am asking as I found the reefs in Bali much nicer to surf as they where allot easier to read and get in position over the beach breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Looks like you already have everything covered:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Ok this may be a bottle of wine talking but "soft reefs that work at midd to high tide".... look man up don't fall and you'll be fine

Advertisement