Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringaskiddy Commute

Options
  • 25-10-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

can anyone tell me what is the rough commute times to ringaskiddy from douglas/wilton area at peak times? Starting down there soon and want to know how long its going to take to get there for 8 in the morning and back in the evening? I assume the traffic is a nightmare out there

thanks,
    whitey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Depends on the time of day. I used work there years ago, and used leave Togher at about 8.35 and was in plenty time for 9. The heavy traffic is going the other way. Might be different for an 8am start though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I used to work there yrs ago too and carr's hill I think it's called?Is where we hit the worse of the traffic,was working at 8 so had to leave at about 7 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Depends on where in Douglas you live.

I live in Grange and the worst part is the Grange road from about 07:45 am. I use the back road to avoid it. Once you get past that there's no issue as most traffic is coming into Douglas.
    Coming home from Ringaskiddy @ 5:00pm is not a problem - most traffic going the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

You will not have any problems with traffic going to ringaskiddy at time of the morning as cars are heading towards town. If your in wilton take the south link east and take the turnoff for ringaskiddy, if you are in douglas area you have 2 options, take the rochestown road or take the carrigaline road both bring you to your destination

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Rochestown Road from Ringaskiddy towards Douglas = horrible.
    Rochestwon Road to Ringaskiddy from Douglas = no traffic.

Apart from any traffic in Douglas you should fly down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Zed1601

A lot of people here are completely wrong. I live in Carrigaline and I pass the traffic every morning. Between half seven and eight it's backed all the way up carrs hill and sometimes down the other side towards the Bloomfield interchange. I'd leave at seven. U'll probably get in early but it's that or sit in traffic. The evenings are generally fine. U might get caught coming towards the shannonpark roundabout but that won't hold u up too much. Alternatively if ur coming through Douglas in the morning it might be quicker to go out the Rochestown road, though passage and monkstown and swing onto the ringaskiddy road.

Advertisement