Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotline Miami

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I like, even if I feel like a psychopath.

I think that's one of its best features. Hotline Miami doesn't make any attempt at justifying or glorifying the violence. It says straight out at the start that you're a horrible person going steadily more insane. It's a lot easier to stomach than any of the typical COD violence which tries to make genocide seem like the right and noble thing to do. Comparing the two, I'm sickened far less by Hotline Miami's honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Need to buy myself a mouse. Trying to play with a trackpad is awful :D

Can anyone recommend a decent ish mouse for Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Need to buy myself a mouse. Trying to play with a trackpad is awful :D

Can anyone recommend a decent ish mouse for Mac?

Any mouse should do the job. Just don't buy the Magic Mouse, awful for any gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Any mouse should do the job. Just don't buy the Magic Mouse, awful for any gaming.

Pretty much the universal opinion of anyone I've asked about that :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I just plug in any old mouse and it tends to work fine. Can't imagine playing this game with anything else!

I had passed level four - the first really hard one - the other night but it failed to load yesterday! Probably spent about half an hour trying to finish it again :pac: Next two were a walk in the park compared to it, even those ****s with the Uzis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Must complete this sometime, but I should warn you, there's a stealth level later on and it's so teeth-grindingly frustrating it may (almost) ruin the game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yeah I just plug in any old mouse and it tends to work fine. Can't imagine playing this game with anything else!
    I played and finished the game using an Xbox controller. Do they work on Macs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry, was just referring to the trackpad comment. Too early in the morning!

I don't have a wired 360 pad or wireless adaptor to try on Mac, although my 360 arcade stick works with some games (not helpful here). I tried to get a dualshock - which is supported in Mac OS - working but even with a key mapper it wouldn't register the right stick for mouse control, which was a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

pixelburp wrote: »
    Must complete this sometime, but I should warn you, there's a stealth level later on and it's so teeth-grindingly frustrating it may (almost) ruin the game for you.

The hospital level was fun, just requires a bit of timing, alot harder levels in the game that took me way more retries

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Shameless bump, but this thing is just FREAKING AWESOME! Soundtrack just makes your blood pumping and go again again and again!!!

Anyone got soundtrack of this? I bought the game from humble bundle, but the only game soundtrack that is missing in a deal was Hotline miami. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Shameless bump, but this thing is just FREAKING AWESOME! Soundtrack just makes your blood pumping and go again again and again!!!

Anyone got soundtrack of this? I bought the game from humble bundle, but the only game soundtrack that is missing in a deal was Hotline miami. :(
    You can get it on Soundcloud here.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

The soundtrack is in the main directory of the game. Just look for the .ogg files.

That is one of the most weird games I ever played. Only on level 11, but it really got hard now... Will continue tomorrow.

Finished it just now. I want more!

I hope they are making sequel!

Edit:

False alarm. Looks llike there is more after credits!

Edit2:

Lol, looks like I finished now! Another credits! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Finished it just now. I want more!

I hope they are making sequel!

It looks like they are:
    Hotline Miami creator Jonatan "Cactus" Söderström has officially revealed a sequel to his award winning colourful killing spree simulator.

I want. Sound track is damn fantastic too. Cant get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

You can currently buy this for steam for 6usd
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

There's another ending if you collect all the secret letters. I recommend looking it up on youtube rather than wasting your time combing each level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Was thinking of picking this up in the Humble Bundle. Anyone able to give a rough idea of how long a game it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

C14N wrote: »
    Was thinking of picking this up in the Humble Bundle. Anyone able to give a rough idea of how long a game it is?

It took Sips from the yogscast 5 hours to complete, most people seem to get stuck more easily though so possibly alot longer.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sips+hotline+miami&oq=sips+hotline+miami&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.641486.644348.0.644542.18.9.0.9.9.0.142.636.7j2.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.GeUmzz0ch3M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Effin hell this game is tough

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This on PSN now for €7.99. I'm looking for a game I can just hop in and out of. Might pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

€2.55 on gog.com now.

Anyone tried playing this with an Xbox controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I'm playing it on my vita! Plays really well! I think its just the difficulty at first! But i think its awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

quarryman wrote: »
    €2.55 on gog.com now.

Anyone tried playing this with an Xbox controller?
    I did. Didn't have any problems with it.

The only problem I did have with it was infrequent crashes due to the smashing glass sound effect. Could be patched by now though.

This is on psn for 3.99 or 2.99 with ps+.had to pick it up, looking forward to giving it a lash later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is on psn for 3.99 or 2.99 with ps+.had to pick it up, looking forward to giving it a lash later.

is it for vita or ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

both i think, it's free on the US PS+ , i'm not sure if you can download stuff from the US PS+ if you are already a paid up member of the Irish/UK one, I just never tried it. I have downloaded demos from the US PS+ store

weiland79 wrote: »
    is it for vita or ps3?

Yupp you get it for both platforms for the one price.

• Advertisement

Man this is addictive stuff. Simple (mechanics, not gameplay!) and brilliant!

Advertisement