Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you like your steak cooked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Gauss wrote: »

And what would you think of someone who mixed expensive wine with lemonade?

Each to their own

I don't judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Cooking a delicious piece of meat to the point where pretty much all the taste has gone and then claiming to be appreciating it seems like the height of ignorance to me.

Sure now one can't even decide for themselves how they like their food. :rolleyes:
    opr wrote: »
    The other view is actually the ignorant one but I'm not here to insult.

You're making a very good attempt at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Many good chefs may even refuse to cook a steak well done and with good reason.

Opr

This happened to my uncle years ago where he asked for a steak well done and the chef actually came out to him and told him that that's "not the way a steak should be cooked" - my uncle replied "who's eating and paying for the steak here, me or you??" - he got hid steak well done

If that chefs behaviour wasn't ignorant I don't know what is. How dare he come out and actually dictate to a customer how he should eat his steak. Unbelievable. I don't understand the snobbery of some people - have your steak cooked whichever f**king way you want for Christs sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Gauss wrote: »
    How do you add a poll?

Put him on to boil 30 mins before the steak :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

Valetta wrote: »

Each to their own

I don't judge.

Would you not think they may as well mix lemonade with a cheap bottle of wine. They wouldn't know any different and they'd be saving money.

I don't care if people want to mix expensive wine, but I think they are a bit slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

leahyl wrote: »
    This happened to my uncle years ago where he asked for a steak well done and the chef actually came out to him and told him that that's "not the way a steak should be cooked" - my uncle replied "who's eating and paying for the steak here, me or you??" - he got hid steak well done

If that chefs behaviour wasn't ignorant I don't know what is. How dare he come out and actually dictate to a customer how he should eat his steak. Unbelievable. I don't understand the snobbery of some people - have your steak cooked whichever f**king way you want for Christs sake
    I remember in one restaurant ordering steak (medium), when it arrived I asked the waiter to bring a steak knife. His words were close to as follows,

"Sorry sir, we don't supply steak knives - our steaks are tender enough to cut, even with a standard blunt knife"

In fairness he was right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I really don't think this is any of your business OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I used to know a guy who liked his steak very rare, that's grand, that's how I eat it. Unfortunately he was also a dickhead. Once, in a restaurant, he sent his steak back five times. I'd have just written it off after it came back the second time, and eaten the damned thing; by the time it came out the sixth time everyone in the kitchen must have had it down their underpants. There was probably more phlegm on it than there was pepper sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So where's the best place to buy a good quality steak. Cheap too, I want the best of both worlds :)

I buy 4 or 5 sirloin steaks from Super Valu/Tesco per week, not huge ones, just the right amount for one person. Usually €3-4 each.

Whats so bad about supermarket steak?

Where are you actually from? Someone might be able to recommend a decent butcher.

I find Supermarket steak smells weird (it's packaged in nitrogen so it would) it has generally been frozen and defrosted before being put on the shelf and is generally far too thin. I would use it in a stew, but not as a piece of meat on its own.

I go to a butcher in the English Market in Cork and get a cut of Rib eye cut, generally it's hung for 34 days and when cooked medium rare it melts off of the bone and tastes amazing. I'm actually getting some tomorrow because of all this talk. It costs €7.50 a cut, so it's not overly expensive but t's not cheap, it is amazing though!
    kylith wrote: »
    I used to know a guy who liked his steak very rare, that's grand, that's how I eat it. Unfortunately he was also a dickhead. Once, in a restaurant, he sent his steak back five times. I'd have just written it off after it came back the second time, and eaten the damned thing; by the time it came out the sixth time everyone in the kitchen must have had it down their underpants. There was probably more phlegm on it than there was pepper sauce.

What was his reason for sending it back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I would have just said that the chef was trying to educate him. Far too many ignorant people who need to be informed and are completely closed minded to this stuff. When someone who knows far more about something than myself tries to educate me on a subject I tend to try and listen and learn. When a chef suggests to me that I may be better trying to eat my meat in a different way then I would listen to him and maybe shock horror take his advice on board and maybe try it that way? Instead of course the know it all people who are completely closed minded will just disregard this advice.

I've posted information in this thread showing it's not a matter of personal preference and if you want to eat well done steak that's cool but as long as you know that you may as well be eating a much cheaper cut. The chef in this instance was trying to be helpful. If your Uncle is happy to waste his money paying for a good piece of meat to be cooked beyond which taste can be differentiated then fine but fair play to the Chef in this case trying to educate him on the subject.

Typical Irish attitude though from you that he was in someway rude for trying to actually do your uncle a favour.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nobody in France orders their steak blue,.
    summerskin wrote: »
    Strange that, seeing as it was when i lived in France in the 90s I was introduced to steak cooked blue....
    +1, bleu was one of the first french words I learned as a child in the 80s, after the mother ordered steaks for us kids thinking bleu was well done. I don't think she was familiar with the term back then.
    I like my steak rare. Otoh got to say that people ordering steak 'blue' get on my nerves.
    So what do you call the level below rare then?

More restaurants should supply picture guides, this will mean you are all singing off the same hymn sheet. Also if you order rare and it does not match the picture you have a more legitimate complaint.

like these guides.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VAyYUmfvVTk/T_Cpy0qMtRI/AAAAAAAAIKE/eSwSoo87D8c/s1600/cook-a-steak-blue-rare-medium-welldone.jpg
    Having a good piece of steak cooked "well done" (Total oxymoron there, but anyway...) is like buying a Ferrari which you only ever drive around at 30mph, and in second gear. Nobody can actually *like* that flavour, because the flavour has been cooked out. It's homogenous, bland, dry. You certainly can't tell the difference between a good and a terribly piece of meat at that point.
    I say each to their own. Many beer enthusiasts give out about people chilling beer too much. Many prefer it that way.

I've posted information in this thread showing it's not a matter of personal preference and if you want to eat well done steak that's cool but as long as you know that you may as well be eating a much cheaper cut. The chef in this instance was trying to be helpful. If your Uncle is happy to waste his money paying for a good piece of meat to be cooked beyond which taste can be differentiated then fine but fair play to the Chef in this case trying to educate him on the subject.
    Opr

Restaurants should keep cheaper cuts in stock for those who eat it well done. Generally they don't even know the difference between the cuts anyway.

That's a chef that cares about his food, wants it presented and eaten in the highest quality. Your uncle is a knob and probably still tells this story every single time he orders steak in a restaurant. HE is the ignorant one here, not the chef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Gbear wrote: »
    Meat in the US is corn fed (and probably pumped full of hormones and ****e while they're at it). It doesn't need to age in the same way traditionally bred meat does.

It doesn't have as rich a flavour. Still grand.

It is OK. But I try not to get Corn fed, I'm lucky in that my local butcher does grass fed or grass finished meat. Not a patch on good quality Irish beef - be grateful you have perhaps the best beef in the world barring Wagu/Kobe

Feed stations are a revolting way to raise beef, and the E. coli builds up to such an extent that they now bleach hamburger meat. Disgusting and unnecessary as turning cattle out to pasture for two weeks gets rid of the problem. I guess no-one wants to ranch anymore. Between that and rBHT milk, the US cattle industry is in a sorry way. Check out Food Inc the documentary about food safety in the US for more info.

I would have just said that the Chef was trying to educate him. Far too many ignorant people who need to be uninformed and are completely closed minded to this stuff. When someone who knows far more about something that myself tries to educate me on a subject I tend to try and listen and learn. When a chef suggests to me that I may be better trying to eat my meat in a different way then I would listen to him and maybe shock horror take his advice on board and maybe try it that way? Instead of course the know it all people who are completely closed minded will just disregard this advice.

Typical Irish attitude though from you that he was in someway rude for trying to actually do your uncle a favour.

Opr

That post is laughable! So is it scientifically proven that steak is "better" eaten rare than well done???

Actually it is a matter of personal preference, the customer is always right and if they like their steak well done then it should be well done.

How you can think that chef wasn't ignorant is beyond me.

You are actually insulting so many people just because they have a different preference to you on how they like their steak cooked. I couldn't give a rats arse how someone eats their steak - it's their business and no one elses. Why should someone "take advice" from the chef??!! Lol

You say mine is a "typical Irish attitude" - I don't know what planet you're on if you don't think what that chef did was ignorant - and he wasn't SUGGESTING that my uncle have his steak cooked differently, he was TELLING him that that's "how a steak SHOULD be cooked"

Don't tell me that's not ignorant and snobbery. And please spare me the bull about someone not appreciating a steak if they order it well done - if they enjoy it and there's a clean plate at the end of it then that's appreciation to me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

Ramsey on Well done steak.

Opr

Funny indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What was his reason for sending it back?
    It was overcooked. It was in a crappy chain restaurant, so he really shouldn't have been expecting a great steak anyway.

[Quote=minidazzler;8142584

That's a chef that cares about his food, wants it presented and eaten in the highest quality. Your uncle is a knob and probably still tells this story every single time he orders steak in a restaurant. HE is the ignorant one here, not the chef.[/Quote]

Actually my uncle passed away some years ago.

You're something else altogether - nice language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Nicely seared on the outside to seal the juices in, pink , no or minimal blood in the middle.
    A good pepper brandy sauce and a bottle of Amarone that's being breathing for a good 2 and a half hours.

That post is laughable! So is it scientifically proven that steak is "better" eaten rare than well done???

Actually it is a matter of personal preference, the customer is always right and if they like their steak well done then it should be well done.

You are actually insulting so many people just because they have a different preference to you on how they like their steak cooked. I couldn't give a rats arse how someone eats their steak - it's their business and no one elses. Why should someone "take advice" from the chef??!! Lol

You say mine is a "typical Irish attitude" - I don't know what planet you're on if you don't think what that chef did was ignorant - and he wasn't SUGGESTING that my uncle have his steak cooked differently, he was TELLING him that that's "how a steak SHOULD be cooked"

Don't tell me that's not ignorant and snobbery. And please spare me the bull about someone not appreciating a steak if they order it well done - if they enjoy it and there's a clean plate at the end of it then that's appreciation to me!

You are wrong. On every single point you are wrong. The customer is most certainly NOT always right! Have you ever worked directly with customers?

There is a RIGHT way to cook meat so it's at it's most tender and flavoursome.

Someone should take advice from a chef because he's a god damned professional! Would you go into court yourself on a murder charge or get a lawyer? (actually, I take that back, you probably "know de laws")

What the chef did was offer advice, which your uncle was ignorant about accepting saying "i'm the customer, do it my way" He could have been polite, but he wasn't. The chef OFFERED advice, he could in some establishments refuse to make the steak well done.

I'll say it one last time, you are wrong on all points.

You are wrong. On every single point you are wrong. The customer is most certainly NOT always right! Have you ever worked directly with customers?

There is a RIGHT way to cook meat so it's at it's most tender and flavoursome.

Someone should take advice from a chef because he's a god damned professional! Would you go into court yourself on a murder charge or get a lawyer? (actually, I take that back, you probably "know de laws")

What the chef did was offer advice, which your uncle was ignorant about accepting saying "i'm the customer, do it my way" He could have been polite, but he wasn't. The chef OFFERED advice, he could in some establishments refuse to make the steak well done.

I'll say it one last time, you are wrong on all points.

But minidazzler a lot of people DO NOT LIKE steaks cooked like that - what does it take to get through to you people that NOT EVERYONE has the same tastes as everyone else???!!!

So I'm not wrong - it's a MATTER OF OPINION and TASTE.

• Advertisement

But minidazzler a lot of people DO NOT LIKE steaks cooked like that - what does it take to get through to you people that NOT EVERYONE has the same tastes as everyone else???!!!

So I'm not wrong - it's a MATTER OF OPINION and TASTE.

Well, they have no taste and their opinion is sh1t. That said, fair enough, they can get it well done, but why waste money on an expensive piece of meat they are gonna cook past the point of it being what it's meant to be?

You are still wrong BTW. Just because people don't like it one way, doesn't mean they are right. The customer is rarely right.

I've pointed out on a previous page the reasons why steak tastes different depending on how it's cooked. When a piece of meat is cooked well done the taste becomes indiscernible between good and bad cuts. This is why cooking a good piece of meat well done is seen as a waste because just buy a cheap piece of meat and it will be the same.

This says it much better :
    The difference between an expensive piece of steak and a cheap one lies largely in the amount of intra-muscular fat. When cooked to between about 55C and 65C, this fat lubricates the fibres of the meat which makes prime steak incredibly tender compared to lesser cuts. However, when cooked to the 80C or so of well done steaks, all of the moisture and fat from within the muscle is squeezed out and you are left with equally tender steaks, that is, not at all. What this means is that people who eat well done meat are unable to appeciate the quality of the steak they are eating because all defining charecteristics have been cooked out.

Well obviously he doesn't have to take the advice but the chef given this is his area of expertise telling him he should eat it another way is a great thing. If in everything I did in life I could have a little guy on my shoulder telling me what he thinks is the best course of action based on the fact he has a level of experience beyond mine I would be hell of a grateful.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

kylith wrote: »

The same steak?

If a steak come back because customer isint happy with how it's cooked you have 2 choices:

A: If its under cooked, fire it up again, but imo it's only right if caught instantly by the customer, it's a nice customer who will accept it.

B:Over cooked. New steak, no other option. You need to stand over that fúcking steak till it's ready as you have already blown the profit.

To send a steak back 5 times? WTF were they doing in the kitchen to that steak? :confused:

If a customer said it was overcooked the second time, i'd have refused to cook a third steak or told him to go vegetarian. :D

5 times is taking the píss by anyones standards.

Lookit lads, when it comes to food people can be all knowing, all seeing cúnts. End of the day we like what we like. You like it well done? I'll burn the arse out of it for ya.

Do i think it's sad to ruin a nice piece of meat? Of course i do but youre the one paying for it at the end of the day and your teeth that are chewing it and it's your belly your rubbing, not mine.

Well, they have no taste and their opinion is sh1t. That said, fair enough, they can get it well done, but why waste money on an expensive piece of meat they are gonna cook past the point of it being what it's meant to be?

You are still wrong BTW. Just because people don't like it one way, doesn't mean they are right. The customer is rarely right.

Jesus, you have a really nasty way of putting things - first you insult my deceased uncle and then everyone else who happens to have an opinion that doesn't match yours. YOU'RE saying that a steak is MEANT to be that way - who decided this first day, as I asked before when was this scientifically proven?? I genuinely want to know why it's gospel that a steak should be cooked rare?

I never said I was right - I said I wasn't wrong, you're not wrong for liking it rare/blue and neither am I or anyone else for liking it medium/well done - once AGAIN it's personal taste - it shouldn't bother you how other people want to eat a piece of meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This ****ing irritates the hell out of me. No the customer is not always right. More often than not, the customer is a ****ing idiot.

However, the customer is still the customer.

This story can be taken 2 ways, and to actually tell which, you would have needed to be there.

First way. The chef designs his meals to taste a certain way. Cooking the jesus out of the steak changes the way food tastes. He could have been trying to explain that to your uncle. In fact, I know a chef that won't supply salt and pepper to a table, as it changes the flavours he has designed.

Second way. The chef comes out, and is being a tit about it, "BURNING MEAT, WAH WAH WAH."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I like my steak well done.....not burnt to a crisp.....well done is cooked through.
    It keeps its tenderness and flavour.

I have eaten steaks that were cooked rare and medium rare and I just didn't like it that way...
    I have been served steaks that were burnt to a crisp and I have asked for them to be sent back.

Everyone has a different taste....

Jesus, you have a really nasty way of putting things - first you insult my deceased uncle and then everyone else who happens to have an opinion that doesn't match yours. YOU'RE saying that a steak is MEANT to be that way - who decided this first day, as I asked before when was this scientifically proven?? I genuinely want to know why it's gospel that a steak should be cooked rare?

I never said I was right - I said I wasn't wrong, you're not wrong for liking it rare/blue and neither am I or anyone else for liking it medium/well done - once AGAIN it's personal taste - it shouldn't bother you how other people want to eat a piece of meat.

I insulted your uncle who happened to turn out to be dead, I didn't aim specifically for him knowing he was dead. He treated the chef with ignorance and was not polite (you used the words he said) and that DOES make him a knob.

It's not insulting to say someone's opinion is sh1t. Nor is it insulting to say they have no taste. It's an opinion of mine.

opr had provided a few links that you decided to overlook.

It doesn't bother me how people want to eat it, it bothers me the waste that it is. A fine specimen of an animal dies so someone can eat it's best part like I'd eat their worst. That's a waste.

[Quote=Sofiztikate

In fact, I know a chef that won't supply salt and pepper to a table, as it changes the flavours he has designed.

[/Quote]

Oh FFS!!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Basically.

OPR already proved the science. You probably chose not to read that. The customer is never always right. In fact they are rarely right.

Also the chef is a trained food professional. And if he cared enough to come out to meet the patron, your uncle, I'm going to assume it was a good restaurant and thus he was a good chef.

Top tip of the day; When someone is an expert and they're giving you information on the topic. Listen to them.

You're at a tyre shop. You want to put on slick tyres because that's what you want. Your mechanic informs you that this isn't the right thing to do you need to get grooved tyres. What do you do?

It doesn't matter a fúck if he's dead or alive, he behaved like a big Irish ignaramous and a food professional was telling him that what he wanted wasn't the best course of action.
    Oh FFS!!

What's wrong with that. Or are you one of the everything must covered in a layer of salt so that it all looks like snow. Food snobbery it may be but to be honest I'm a snob about most things. If you like eating overcooked, oversalted shíte then so be it. You and your ilk shouldn't waste fine ingredients in your pursuit of 'perfection.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

There are a lot of food myths that are under examination in Modernist Cuisine.
    Wish I could afford this in-depth examination of the way we cook.
    Actually one of the best ways to cook a steak is under vacuum seal in a water bath at a constant temperature. Then flash fry or blowtorch for malliard reaction (that nice yummy taste of charred protein)

He wasn't to know that, but you are something else for bringing it up. Go away with your "speaking ill of the dead" nonsense.

• Advertisement

I just think it's hilarious that you are calling people ignorant if they chose not to eat their steak a certain way!!! Can you not see it???!!! Ive had many a medium/well done steak - some gorgeous, some not so gorgeous but you're assuming that a well done steak is always burnt to a cinder - that's not the way the best steak I've ever eaten is cooked (and it's well done) - it's absolutely melt in the mouth

I'm done on the subject anyway - better not try to argue anymore with the "experts" on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

You are wrong. There is a correct way to cook high quality meat. It is a science. Every single classically trained chef will tell you the same.

You wouldn't go into a sushi restaurant I'm Tokyo and demand your sashimi cooked well done. Well maybe YOU would.

Stick to the frozen chicken nuggets and tomato sauce love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Where's the poll?

Rare. I usually eat filet mignon twice a week. I let the steak sit out of the fridge and get to room temperature before cooking it. I cover it in oil and season it with salt & pepper and let it sit for a few minutes. I heat up a skillet and add some oil to this. When the oil is nearly at smoking level I cook the steak presentation side down first for 1 - 2 minutes. I turn it once, and cook the other side for 1 - 2 minutes. Then I sear it for a few seconds on each side. I then put the skillet in an oven for 6 minutes at 425F.

Once complete I cut a clove of garlic and rub it over the steaks, i also make garlic butter and pour it over the steak as well.

My steaks are always amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Rarer than an honest politician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Don't like sirloin that much.

Rib eye. Medium. With a lobster and chips.

[

What's wrong with that. Or are you one of the everything must covered in a layer of salt so that it all looks like snow. Food snobbery it may be but to be honest I'm a snob about most things. If you like eating overcooked, oversalted shíte then so be it. You and your ilk shouldn't waste fine ingredients in your pursuit of 'perfection.'[/Quote]

Actually no I rarely add salt to my food but the choice should be there, that kind of carry on is just snobbery of the highest order IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

In fact, I know a chef that won't supply salt and pepper to a table, as it changes the flavours he has designed.

This is pure wankology.

reeb wrote: »
    You are wrong. There is a correct way to cook high quality meat. It is a science. Every single classically trained chef will tell you the same.

You wouldn't go into a sushi restaurant I'm Tokyo and demand your sashimi cooked well done. Well maybe YOU would.

Stick to the frozen chicken nuggets and tomato sauce love

Of course you wouldn't - sushi is raw fish....

Steak, however can be cooked in a variety of ways

That's a pretty bad comparison

This is pure wankology.

No its not. His restaurant therefore his rules. Don't like it? There's probably a McDonald's around the corner.

He designs the product to be consumed in a certain way. Why mess that up so some big bogger from somewhere outside the Pale can throw a heap of salt into the dinner, because that's what they've always done and frankly know no better.
    Of course you wouldn't - sushi is raw fish....

Steak, however can be cooked in a variety of ways

That's a pretty bad comparison

Speaking of comparisons you never got back to me earlier on my tyre comparison. Cat got your tongue?

• Advertisement

Actually no I rarely add salt to my food but the choice should be there, that kind of carry on is just snobbery of the highest order IMO

When you go into a top class restaurant you should know to expect no salt or pepper to be added liberally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

So what about chicken?

Ares wrote: »

No its not. His restaurant therefore his rules. Don't like it? There's probably a McDonald's around the corner.

He designs the product to be consumed in a certain way. Why mess that up so some big bogger from somewhere outside the Pale can throw a heap of salt into the dinner, because that's what they've always done and frankly know no better.

Why do you assume that just because we don't agree with the no salt/pepper thing that we must automatically be fast food fiends??

Why do you assume that just because we don't agree with the no salt/pepper thing that we must automatically be fast food fiends??

Because it shows that you've rarely if ever eaten in a truly top class restaurant. Most don't supply salt and pepper.

From reading your 'views' on this topic I don't think that you don't quite get good food and quality ingrediants. Hence my thinking that you'd love a Big Mac Meal.

Whole hearted apologies if I got that one wrong.

Why are the choices pretentious "fine" dining or fast food? Like if you have distaste for one, you must love the other? :confused:

Lulz at the pretentious, sanctimonious dullards who have congregated on the thread though. :)

• Advertisement

Drooling Homer style watching that Water Bath video :P

Opr

From reading your 'views' on this topic I don't think that you don't quite get good food and quality ingrediants. Hence my thinking that you'd love a Big Mac Meal.

Whole hearted apologies if I got that one wrong.

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

Because it shows that you've rarely if ever eaten in a truly top class restaurant. Most don't supply salt and pepper.

I've no problem with this but I also like Big Macs...

Mmm, ok, you do know there's a large expanse in between top class and fast food, right?

The title of the thread is "how do you like your steak cooked" - didn't think i had to have dined in a "truly top class restaurant" to comment on that....apologies....better leave now with my tail between my legs and let the culinary experts to themselves

• Advertisement
Advertisement