Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you like your steak cooked?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm just saying one more thing and then I'm done - my steak has never been 'cremated' when it's well done - not ime anyway. The nicest steak I've ever had is in a place called Willie Pa's ( doesn't sound fancy I know) just outside Bantry and it's always been well done and absolutely melt in the mouth and full of flavour.(we travel
    down from Cork City on special occasions just for the food - it's so good)

Also I wasn't been sarky at all so sorry if you took it up that way. I was just trying to make it a bit lighthearted.
    Apology noted and accepted.
    Im gonna take you up on your challenge and try it medium but if I see any blood coming out of it then that's it!
    It's not blood, it is (tasty) meat juice. Squeeze an blood orange - is that blood coming out?
    Not sure about the sushi...!

California Roll is rice, seaweed (the nori wrap) avocado and crab sticks (surimi - basically flavoured cooked white fish) not much to fear really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Charred on the outside, medium inside. BTW, it is not 'juice', it is blood and I don't like it pouring out of my meat. I can't eat it if it is too pink.

My son thinks I should be barred from having steak at all. He just walks his steak through a warm room to be done enough for him to eat. Savage........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

Pherekydes wrote:
    Thanks for proving my point.
    What point? Do you boil your vegetables until they are overcooked and tasteless? No? Then why do it with steak?
    oldyouth wrote: »
    Charred on the outside, medium inside. BTW, it is not 'juice', it is blood and I don't like it pouring out of my meat. I can't eat it if it is too pink
    It is not blood. Its myoglobin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

reeb wrote: »
    It is not blood. Its myoglobin.

OK, It's your-oglobin

oldyouth wrote: »
    Charred on the outside, medium inside. BTW, it is not 'juice', it is blood and I don't like it pouring out of my meat. I can't eat it if it is too pink.

My son thinks I should be barred from having steak at all. He just walks his steak through a warm room to be done enough for him to eat. Savage........

Can't tell some people. Here. NOT blood. :mad:

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-science/rare-meat-containing-blood-92223.html

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/

http://www.theurbanshogun.com/2010/12/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-isnt-actually-blood.html

and finally

If this were blood, Orthodox Jews would not be able to order rare steaks.
    And by Jehovah, they do.

• Advertisement

MadsL wrote: »
    If this were blood, Orthodox Jews would not be able to order rare steaks. And by Jehovah, they do.

Generally a nice piece of Halibut though.

Jehovah,
    Jehovah,
    Jehovah,
    Jehovah!!

There I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MadYaker wrote: »
    This thread is making me hungry for steak. Tomorrow I'm going to get a big thick marbley fillet stake and cook it nice and rare with a few spuds. Uh I can't f*ckin wait.

And its not a matter of opinion. High quality cuts of beef are better when cooked medium-rare. If you only like burnt meat then don't bother wasting your money on expensive steaks. You might as well go for the cheap cut.

I know for a fact that in restaurants I've been to in France if you order a fillet steak well cooked you are getting a ****ty cut of meat because they know you haven't a clue so they are going to charge you full whack for a sh!t cut and keep the good stuff for proper customers because they know you don't know the difference and you'll think its the business just because you paid a lot for it.

Personally, I like steak medium cooked. But my experience of France was, that our medium is their rare. This is at least what I got when I ordered a medium there.

So what were they doing to me?

irish-stew wrote: »
    Personally, I like steak medium cooked. But my experience of France was, that our medium is their rare. This is at least what I got when I ordered a medium there.

Correcting your bad taste in food. ;)

Pierre, he is Irish. He knows nothing of Le Cuisine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You must mean our rare is their medium? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I like my steak like fanny, pink and juicy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Medium rare with broccoli and garlic cream potatoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MadsL wrote: »
    Correcting your bad taste in food. ;)

Pierre, he is Irish. He knows nothing of Le Cuisine.

So if I ordered rare, I get rare. If I order medium, like i did, I get rare. If I order well done, I get a well done peice of sh!te.

:D

To be I honest, I think a well done peice of steak is a sin. If I want a well done peice of food, I'd order the chicken or pork.

If I want a well done peice of food, I'd order the chicken or pork.

I cook my pork to the point where you have a 98.6% chance it won't kill ya. No point in over doing it.

If you order rare in France - what you would call blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Rare or blue for me

I prefer mine bleu - deffo not blue though.

To be honest, a perfect present for a lot of irish mammies is a meat thermometer and instructions. And also how to 'feel' the temperature of a piece of meat.

A steak is rare if it feels like your cheek
    It is medium if it feels like your chin
    It is ruined well done if it feels like the tip of your nose.

Nothing wrong with pink lamb, just cooked pork and moist chicken.
    I blame those crap food safety ads for the fear of "the shame of it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Well done

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Well done

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

...burnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Nailed to the plate to stop it walking off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

By someone else, preferably.

(hate cooking)

• Advertisement
Advertisement