Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15Mth old going into corner

Options
  • 25-10-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone had a baby that would go into a corner and act as if he/she had done somthing wrong when they didn't.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Just wondered if anyone had a baby that would go into a corner and act as if he/she had done somthing wrong when they didn't.

Yep and he was usually trying to do a poo he is now 2 and still goes into a corner when pooing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

edellc wrote: »
    Yep and he was usually trying to do a poo he is now 2 and still goes into a corner when pooing

LOL .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does he go to creche?

January wrote: »
    Does he go to creche?

No he doesn't, why do you ask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

No he doesn't, why do you ask ?

creches might use the "bold corner" or similar, and the little one could be doing it at home for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My 19 month old has been doing this for a while. When she isn't getting her own way mainly (asks for chocolate or ice-cream and gets a No). It looks like a precurser to the tantrum stage to me. She won't come out of the corner, or even look at us until either forgets about it and moves on, or is distracted by something else.

I asked if they have a naughty corner in the creche, and no, they don't do that. So I'm not sure where she got it.

Probably bad-mammy moment, but I actually find it secretly funny when she does it. She looks like a tiny-teenager pouting. FML and the rest of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My girl and my friends girl do it when they want to poo and after words when you ask if they would like a new nappy she deny s she's pooed!

yep he had a poo after he came out of the corner yesterday. Hes starting to get into the throwing the head back if he doesn't get what he wants. Doesn't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

yep he had a poo after he came out of the corner yesterday. Hes starting to get into the throwing the head back if he doesn't get what he wants. Doesn't last long.

Yeah mine does the head throwing too, its a bit scary as he really doesn't get the damage he could do, has he started doing the wriggling fish thing when you have him in your arms especially when your out that can be horrific....always have a tube of super glue ready hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

Had the same experience as you op with my little girl, she used to go behind the sofa or under the table and always came out with a poo in her nappy, she potty trained now, your little lad sounds as if he is doing the exact same thing, nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My girl and my friends girl do it when they want to poo and after words when you ask if they would like a new nappy she deny s she's pooed!

Ah, that's so funny:D

OP, I was going to say too, that it's quite likely to do with having a poo.
    My sister was only telling me the other day how she can vividly remember going behind a door to poo in her nappy:D

Advertisement