Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test A2 licence ..

Options
  • 25-10-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hows it going im 17 with a A1 driving licence and it is coming up 2 the two years in a few months to get my A2 could anyone help me out because im really confused with the new rules (19th Jan 2013) So the question is what to do when im 18 and my birthday is after the 19th ?? Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Hows it going im 17 with a A1 driving licence and it is coming up 2 the two years in a few months to get my A2 could anyone help me out because im really confused with the new rules (19th Jan 2013) So the question is what to do when im 18 and my birthday is after the 19th ?? Thanks for reading

Didn't you have to be 16 to get the A1 in the first place? You are required to hold a FULL A1 for 2 years before you can apply for the permit for an A2, so you will have to wait until after your birthday -i cannot understand how you wouldn't be 18 by the time your 2 years would be up??

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Learner%20Drivers/Third%20Directive/bikes_chart_3rd_directive_V2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

chasm wrote: »
    Didn't you have to be 16 to get the A1 in the first place? You are required to hold a FULL A1 for 2 years before you can apply for the permit for an A2, so you will have to wait until after your birthday -i cannot understand how you wouldn't be 18 by the time your 2 years would be up??

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Learner%20Drivers/Third%20Directive/bikes_chart_3rd_directive_V2.pdf

You can apply for the A2 when you are 18 via the direct access route. You will have to do module 5 IBT then you can ride an A2 bike and take the test after 6 months wait. The full a1 for 2 years would enable you to get the Full a2 via the training upgrade.

Advertisement