Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightweight portable monitors

• 25-10-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for small, portable, lightweight monitors, that are still loud enough for playback to large groups (for example, a choir, when having everybody on headphones is impractical).

I'd also like something that is worthwhile as a "crap box" for listening to mixes alongside my current monitors. I guess something along the lines of NS10s and Auratones, that kind of usage.

And of course, cheap! Ideally not more than 300 for a pair, but considering a single speaker as well. Adjustable bass roll-off would be great too.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I would say its going to be hard to find a speaker that does both well.

For a large choir at least a 10" speaker is needed. Which would in turn would not best suit for monitors.

I use NS10's, would not recommend pumping them to loud, I'm sure they'd sound ok but the risk of damage
    is to great giving replacement parts are hard to get and not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Thanks unclebill, makes sense. Think I'll just pick up something cheap for the playback to a group, and leave the NS10/Auratone style monitors for another time.

Advertisement