Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer 7741Z

• 25-10-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

A very basic problem but grateful for advice. I want to upload photos from a SD card but the card reader drawer will not open. It is sprung loaded & moves a couple of mms either way. Acer quick guide says 'Push to remove/install the card'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Mearings wrote: »
    A very basic problem but grateful for advice. I want to upload photos from a SD card but the card reader drawer will not open. It is sprung loaded & moves a couple of mms either way. Acer quick guide says 'Push to remove/install the card'.

Sprung loaded card reader drawer? There is now "drawer". Do you mean the dummy card? Remove it and insert your SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

Ta. But I cannot get the 'dummy card' out.

Well, push the dummy/card and it pops out a few mil, then pull.

Then insert the card and push it in all the way until it clicks.

Pulled. but it will not budge. Is it not similar to cd/dvd driver?

Mearings wrote: »
    Pulled. but it will not budge. Is it not similar to cd/dvd driver?

No, it doesn't look anything like a DVD drive. It looks like this:

uQbAW.jpg

The card reader slot is at the front of your laptop, at the right hand side.

And usually, there is a dummy card in the slot in the same colour as the laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've had a few acer laptops, wife had 3. Never heard of a "drawer". They all came with a card slot with a "dummy card" as Torqay said. Basically a blank bit of plastic in the slot to stop dust getting in.
    They've all been spring loaded, you have to press it in to release it. A few have been really stiff, had to push it in fairly hard to get it to pop back out. Push right in the middle.

Thanks T & C. Dummy card is right & perhaps apt, tho' I had to undo screws on rear panel & 'help' dc out with a flat head screwdriver.

IT'S the little things that can trip you up, as former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds was wont to say.

Advertisement