Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy duty car air freshener

• 25-10-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any suggestions for a good air freshener I can use in the car to get rid of the smell of dogs?

Using my wife's car at the moment to walk the dogs and she's giving me grief about the smell!

Any long term suggestions that won't cost the earth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I give the seats a good blast of Febreeze every so often. It seems to do a better job than air fresheners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Febreeze and a small dehumidifier that about the size of a cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Halfords do a great one, smells of lemons, really nice. Don't know the name but it sticks to your dash, it is oval, black and grey stripes (shiny) about four inches by two inches and quarter inch high. Kinda resembles the dash of an Alfa Romeo. My friend has it in his car and it last for ages, really nice/neat and works too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Buy the Air Freshener bombs.You turn on your air con/recirculator and let it run for 10 mins.

Gets rid of every smell imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I find putting a tumble dryer sheet under the front seats works great, nice fresh smell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

carleigh wrote: »
    I find putting a tumble dryer sheet under the front seats works great, nice fresh smell :)

Oh I'm going to try that cos I need some new air fresheners too!! OP last couple of times I used gel stick ones that slot into the air vents - Yankee candle ones lol!

Advertisement