Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Group, The Shed?

Options
  • 25-10-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

Was there a men's group in Blanch in recent times called The Shed? If so, would anyone know if its still going, and if so is there any contacts they could pass on here maybe.
    I'm currently working with a lad and I think a group such as this would be really beneficial to/for him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's in Mulhuddart, I think... and it's called the "Men's Shed"... I think!

I'm really not sure where you'd go for information though. I read about it in one of the Insight newsletters. But can't find any info online. Maybe try Mulhuddart Community Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Blanchardstown Men’s Shed - L.C.D.P. Resource Centre, Blakestown Way, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 – Jean Clifford – 01 8115936 – blanchardstown@menssheds.ie – Open Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am -2 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Looks like the Govt isn't too keen on mens sheds around the border, and it looks like a really nice shed too.:D

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/revenue-staff-questioned-over-illegal-fuel-find-3271966.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

What goes on there. Isit a social group or a place for male issues etc.

Bit of both, mind you certain issues need professional help so it's not for that sort of thing.
    A shorter description of Men’s Shed could be:

A Men’s Shed is any community-based, non-commercial organisation which is open to all men where the primary activity is the provision of a safe, friendly and inclusive environment where the men are able to gather and/or work on meaningful projects at their own pace, in their own time and in the company of other men and where the primary objective is to advance the health and well- being of the participating men. Men’s sheds may look like a shed in you back yard yet they innovatively share some characteristics of both community education and health promotion projects.

http://byutv.org/watch/6ba30f50-06e6-49d7-8208-80e66b56b544/turning-point-irish-mens-sheds

A short film on men's sheds and features a bit on the Blanchardstown one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Smell of napalm

does any body have any experience about this mens shed . And is it good fun

Advertisement