Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legitimate unlock 3GS?

• 25-10-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm with Vodafone using a 3GS, I had upgraded to the 4 (gave this handset to the missus) and took delivery of the iphone 5 today.

Rang Vodafone as I couldn't get an unlock code via their website for my 3GS handset. I want to give this to my brother to use.

Vodafone say apple will issue me the unlock code (I gave my IMEI to Vodafone yesterday) but it will take 10-12 days to be texted to my 3GS handset by apple.

I want to start using the iPhone 5 but don't want to wait... Is there any legitimate and faster way of unlocking this 3GS, giving it to my brother and activating my new micro sim and using the 5?

Grrrrr!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just use the 5. The SMS will go to your Vodafone registered number, doesn't matter if the sim is in an iPhone 3, 4 or 10 or indeed a Nokia 3210.

When you get the text sync the old phone with iTunes and restore. Unlock will be complete. No other way to get a legit factory unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Hooked

kceire wrote: »
    Just use the 5. The SMS will go to your Vodafone registered number, doesn't matter if the sim is in an iPhone 3, 4 or 10 or indeed a Nokia 3210.

When you get the text sync the old phone with iTunes and restore. Unlock will be complete. No other way to get a legit factory unlock.

Thanks for that. Turns out the guy I spoke to yesterday was clueless and never sent my imei off to get the unlock code. And he told me I had to have the 3GS active with the sim in it to receive the text to that phone. Idiot!

Another girl today confirmed as you've said above (as I had my doubts) and the unlock text arrived minutes after I spoke to her. Gonna update my iPhone 5 tomorrow after I activate the micro sim with all my stuff first and then unlock (restore) the 3GS.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

It happen same to me with an iphone4 on vodafone,first i try online to get my unlock code and nothing happen,after few days i rang them,same thing nothing,few more days rang again was a man on the phone and he told me i never registred for an unlock code !!!

Finally he registred me got e-mail strait away and he also told me to wait for sms from them,got it unlock my iphone and happy end !

Advertisement