Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Zorbs/Zorbing

Options
  • 25-10-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Boards.ie

I have started a business where I sell Water Zorbs such as these ones :

Water-Walking-Ball-Water-walk-ball-16-.jpg

I'm wondering does anyone here have expertise in this sector?

Regards,

AFD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

afd2012 wrote: »
    I have started a business where I sell Water Zorbs...
    ... would the main purchasers of these products be besides amusment parks etc? Can they be sold to the public? Im also considering the idea of leasing them out?
    Not trying to be smart, but surely these are questions you asked yourself prior to starting your business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Hard not to agree with the last poster. Lets face it, there are very few amusement parks in this country, so that is not much of a market. There might be a party rental market on private water. A lot of public parks have water, but it could be difficult to get permissions and insurance is likely to be an issue.
    They can of course, be used on terra firma but who would want to own one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Stick an industrial blower inside, add some polystyrene beads and a blow-up Santa/snowman, pin the ball to the ground and you have a giant snow globe for outside your house at Chrimbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

afd2012 wrote: »
    Hello Boards.ie

I have started a business where I sell Water Zorbs such as these ones :

Water-Walking-Ball-Water-walk-ball-16-.jpg

I'm wondering does anyone here have expertise in this sector?

Regards,

AFD

They look cool.

What i would do with this business is the following:

Find all parks that have a lake. (id say there might be loads in Ireland)

Allocate 5 Zorbs to each park with one staff member and charge €5 a pop. (i imagine people will get bored after 15 mins so you could easily make €75 an hour in a busy park.

Your busy times would be weekends and then your summer months really.

Then you could do events and all the other stuff to make extra cash.

I think a nice little earner if you can get them into busy parks around Ireland that have a lake of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

bogwalrus wrote: »
    They look cool.

What i would do with this business is the following:

Find all parks that have a lake. (id say there might be loads in Ireland)

Allocate 5 Zorbs to each park with one staff member and charge €5 a pop. (i imagine people will get bored after 15 mins so you could easily make €75 an hour in a busy park.

Your busy times would be weekends and then your summer months really.

Then you could do events and all the other stuff to make extra cash.

I think a nice little earner if you can get them into busy parks around Ireland that have a lake of sorts.

How much profit left after you pay for insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Is there a specified depth of water that you use the zorb on?

Would parents feel safe letting their child out on a lake in an air bubble, what happens if it starts to loose air :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

just pete wrote: »
    Is there a specified depth of water that you use the zorb on?

Would parents feel safe letting their child out on a lake in an air bubble, what happens if it starts to loose air :(

I think they are solid so cant collapse.

I'd say insurance wouldnt be very high provided parents sign some waiver or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You dont need to have these out on a lake, I have seen them before where they are in a contained area of water that is about waist high at most that is boxed off. It was a video a friend of mine put up of his brother in one but to be honest he spent most of his time falling over and never really getting anywhere and looked like a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I'd say insurance wouldnt be very high provided parents sign some waiver or something.

Not going to happen.

Extreme case: A ball blows off the pool/lake and onto a road causing a pile up, doesn't matter if someone signed a waiver in that case. Plus, do you think a park will allow you to operate without full insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Apart from all the other considerations, from what I've seen on some videos, they don't travel very well due to their smooth surface. The exterior needs some soft teeth for better traction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

what about these types of zorbs?

51EZVW0liIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Advertisement