Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options
  • 25-10-2012 3:07pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

American rock legends Bon Jovi have announced the first leg of their world tour today - leaving fans eagerly waiting for the UK dates to be revealed.

The band will release their twelfth studio album ‘What About Now’ in spring next year, and have now revealed some of their hugely-anticipated tour dates to their millions of fans - with Canada being the first nation of choice.

The news was broken via a post on the band’s website, which read: “The best just got bigger. Bringing their signature brand of rock ‘n’ roll back to the people, Bon Jovi will hit the road in 2013 to fill stadiums and arenas worldwide with Bon Jovi Because We Can – The Tour.

“Blazing a trail across the globe, the tour will kick off in North America in February, just in time for Valentine’s Day, and travel throughout Europe, the Far East, Africa, Latin America and Australia. The band’s return to the road in 2013 will cap an incredible run which has secured Bon Jovi’s status as the essential live rock band – having performed more than 2,700 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 35 million fans, and earning the #1 grossing worldwide tour twice in just three years.

“Because We Can – The Tour will also debut brand new songs from new album What About Now, due out in Spring 2013, loading even more ammunition into the band’s huge arsenal of hits including “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Who Says You Can’t Go Home,” “It’s My Life,” and many more.”

The announcement also came with a video, which you can check out below. If you’re a Canadian fan, we’ve also put their newly announce dates below, too.

While it’s only the Canadian leg which has been unveiled so far, we expect that the UK dates will be revealed in the coming weeks - so keep your eyes peeled on Stereoboard for an announcement soon!

Bon Jovi Canadian tour dates are as follows:

2013:
    February 13th - Bell Centre, Montreal Quebec
    February 17th - Air Canada Centre, Toronto Ontario
    February 20th - Scotiabank Place, Ottawa Ontario
    April 2nd - Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary Alberta
    April 3rd - Rexall Place, Edmonton Alberta
    April 5th - MTS Centre, Winnipeg Manitoba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

If the last tour schedule was anything to go by, dont expect to see them in Ireland until summer 2014.

Could be wrong though, it all depends on if there is a residency somewhere along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭irishbucka

jossnjuice wrote: »
    If the last tour schedule was anything to go by, dont expect to see them in Ireland until summer 2014.

Could be wrong though, it all depends on if there is a residency somewhere along the way.[/Quote

Don't be silly. They will be here in either may or June. Big question is where there going to play and is it for 1 or 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Very excited for this as I wasn't expecting them until 2014.
    They will be in Ireland next year....really hoping for Lansdowne Road.

Dreading Tuesday at 11am....do NOT want to see them at Slane.
    And am hoping it won't be them!!!

Also Vancouver was announced for Fall 2013, which is strange for them to be touring late like that.

Looking forward to seeing where else they will play in Europe :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They should give up recording and just do tours, they've released utter drivel over the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Might sound like a bit of a odd question but any idea what hotel they prefer when they come over here?
    My sister is a massive fan and would love to book her into the same hotel unknowingly to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

Heard theyre doing slane unfortunately

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CMpunked wrote: »
    Might sound like a bit of a odd question but any idea what hotel they prefer when they come over here?
    My sister is a massive fan and would love to book her into the same hotel unknowingly to her.

Suppose it depends on where they are playing .

stereoboard
    Bon Jovi UK & European 2013 tour announcement expected today/tomorrow, with tickets going on sale 9am Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

stereoboard

Could mean Slane if announced tomorrow maybe?

EDIT - Just seen the Slane thread there and it is looking very likely that it will be a Slane gig

American rock legends Bon Jovi have revealed that there will be tickets going from as little as £12.50 for their up and coming world tour - as they give all fans the chance to catch them live next year.

The news was broken via Rob Hallett - Bon Jovi’s UK tour manager with AEG Live - who stated that rock and roll has and always will be ‘the music of the people’. It comes following recent uproar at the price of tickets for The Rolling Stones reunion gigs, which were priced at an incredible £95-£375 per ticket.

Hallett revealed: “I was delighted when they came to me insisting on ticket prices for the 'Because We Can' tour next year that enabled all to attend. If we are to survive as an industry we need to move away from the elitist image of high prices and even higher secondary prices [for tickets resold]. After all, rock and roll always was and always should be the music of the people, and that means everyone.”

A source close to the band also allegedly told The Daily Mirror: “We are in the middle of a ­recession and that's why the band think £12.50 is perfect.”

Not all tickets will cost £12.50 but there will definitely be some available for the low price. Stay with Stereoboard for more information on the tour.

• Advertisement

Slane confirmed
    FC presale Nov 1st

What date

Sorry! June 15th

When are tickets on general sale. I'm not in fan club. I hope there is diamond tickets again

No idea, just FC presale at the moment.
    Hope there is no diamond! Too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I assume Friday if pre-sale this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Slane,meh .:mad:
    I will just go and see them in the UK ,will probably work out cheaper and I will have a decent view and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Slane,meh .:mad:
    I will just go and see them in the UK ,will probably work out cheaper and I will have a decent view and sound.

Was thinking the same thing. They're selling tickets for £12.50 in the UK (probably the worst seats in the house but still). Waiting to see if they add a London date because I have a brother over there meaning free accomodation and would almost certainly be cheaper then Slane.

Also the slane date conflicts with Download 2013 which I'm deffo going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Ticketmaster tickets go on sale next week and Fanclub go on Sale on Thursday.

Not liking Slane as the venue either, hope the rest of the line up will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Whats the story with the 12.50 tickets, Is it for every date in the UK tour?

When you check ticketmaster for the Manchester gig(Saturday) it lists the price range for tickets at about £50 - £100. No cheap seats. But if you check the Glasgow gig(Wednesday) the tickets start at £12.50.

Am I right in thinking the price is more expensive for the Saturday because its likely to sell out without the need for a discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Some UK dates have tickets at 12.50 but hate to see where those seats are.

There is a Diamond and Gold circle in Slane.

MCD are doing a presale through their Facebook page on Monday at 09.00 and ticketmaster tickets go on sale on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,423 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bought 2 diamond circle tickets off the fan club. The thing that alarmed me is that ony confirmation email it states that proceedings start at 19.00. So it looks like we are not getting support bands playing all day like previous years.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bought 2 diamond circle tickets off the fan club. The thing that alarmed me is that ony confirmation email it states that proceedings start at 19.00. So it looks like we are not getting support bands playing all day like previous years.

Diamond circle ticket only?
    Or the package?

could only get gold circle ticket only

What are the prices for Golden and Diamond?

Gold is $121.50
    There are charges onto that as well

I can still only see diamond circle if you buy packages for either $330 or $430
    You would want to be meeting the band for that!

Interestingly TM are only showing a gold circle and general admission on the seating chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Irishshin wrote: »
    I can still only see diamond circle if you buy packages for either $330 or $430
    You would want to be meeting the band for that!

Any way to get the diamond packages if you're not a member of the fan club?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bon Jovi: A load of old **** really, have been crap since 1984 when I saw them support Kiss in Glasgow. Just another hair metal band.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bon Jovi: A load of old **** really, have been crap since 1984 when I saw them support Kiss in Glasgow. Just another hair metal band.
    Says the man who went to see Kiss....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Says the man who went to see Kiss....

Broke into that gig actually and got a shift too :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Broke into that gig actually and got a shift too :D

A good bit of tongue I bet then ;)

Advertisement