Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

There's also a rather nasty review in today's Irish Indo, written by Vicki Notaro who by all accounts isn't even a regular music reviewer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

roadmaster wrote: »
    http://www.tourphotographer.com/p/20130615_slane/20130616_slane_castle_panoramic_3_65

Can anyone tell me as per the irish times piece how is this only 50k people?

It could be 50k people, maybe 60k. The crowd isn't as dense as it could be.

You could take a similar picture with only 40k people, as people tend to fan out and take up all available space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

this review in the Mirror online saying around 60,000 people.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music/bon-jovi-wows-crowds-slane-1955766

Personally it felt like more to me, but I havent heard any official figures. That review in the Times (if you would even call it that) was a joke.

I had a ball, that's all that matters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

There's also a rather nasty review in today's Irish Indo, written by Vicki Notaro who by all accounts isn't even a regular music reviewer!!

i actually know here personally, she's nothing to do with music, she used to work in all the teen fashion mags, she just likes getting free passes to any gig she can, she only like her rihanna music and stuff like that.

i know for a fact she spent most of the gig in the vip area, it was supposed to be dead up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I never understand people getting worked up about reviews of gigs in the paper. They're just one person's opinion and that one person usually has an agenda. They probably went through college thinking they'd be the lead music writer in NME or whatever but end up most of the time having to go to gigs of bands they don't like. I doubt JBJ gives a crap about what anyone writes about their concerts so I don't see why anyone else should either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

SQ2 wrote: »
    the amount of drunken "Zombie-Walkers" (you know that could go any direction walk/stumble/fall) :eek: :eek:. It was probably the age of the Zombie walkers that got me actually, I'd say there's many a husband or wife in the dog house this morning because of the state they were in yesterday!

I am sick of going to concerts in Ireland for that reason. Every show I ever go to is full of complete p!ssheads who go to the bar the whole time and then the jacks. They get absolutely polluted. I can never figure it out. What must it be like not to remember anything about a concert ? It's unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I am sick of going to concerts in Ireland for that reason. Every show I ever go to is full of complete p!ssheads who go to the bar the whole time and then the jacks. They get absolutely polluted. I can never figure it out. What must it be like not to remember anything about a concert ? It's unbelievable

I love a good session but when it comes to going to see a concert i like to enjoy it, if i wanna get pissed i stay away from gigs and go 2 da pub........ it makes sence

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Must say that point about 3 hours is underplayed too like to sing Always like he did at end after 3hours with basically no break is incredible. As regards crowds there was definitely 60k or around that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

We were lucky! Got to the barrier in GC.
    150 FC GC ticket holders got upgraded to DC so that's how we got there. First time there and I have to say it was great!
    Loved the show. Blood on Blood, These Days & Saturday Night were fantastic.

Missed Richie. They need him back. Phil X was ok but I can't get used to him being in Richie's place.
    Bobby now has way too many solo's and ruining even more songs. At least before it was only In These Arms he butchered.
    Richie needs to get back in there!!

Getting in and out was ok for us. We got a pass so parked in Slane. Had to get there before 10 am but the day flew.
    Also waited after till the majority people had gone, got food while we waited. We knew it would be ages before we could leave.
    got back to Drogheda bout 1 ish so all in all not too bad for us either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any advice on the buses that were running from Dublin please folks? I'm heading to Eminem in August, staying in the city center so hoping to avail of the same service that Dublin Bus are running for that concert.

How much was it? Did you have to purchase tickets/book beforehand? How long did they take? Were they jammed with people? Any problems with getting a bus back at the end of the concert as I have heard stories about people being left stranded at other Slane gigs while using this service?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Any advice on the buses that were running from Dublin please folks? I'm heading to Eminem in August, staying in the city center so hoping to avail of the same service that Dublin Bus are running for that concert.

How much was it? Did you have to purchase tickets/book beforehand? How long did they take? Were they jammed with people? Any problems with getting a bus back at the end of the concert as I have heard stories about people being left stranded at other Slane gigs while using this service?

Thanks.

There was a Dublin bus service and a coach service run by a company called Marathon from Custom House Quay. Took the coach as was staying nearby. It was 20euro if you booked in advance, or 25euro if you just showed up. I wasn't sure about time, so just showed up and it was fine. Not overcrowded or anything and not long to wait. Dublin bus was 20euro too which could be booked through ticketmaster. Info for the Marathon coach and Dublin Bus was sent in an e-mail from ticketmaster in the weeks before.

The walk from the bus drop off point in Slane to Slane castle is at least half an hour. No problems with return buses. There was a constant line of Dublin buses to whisk people bask to Dublin, after another half hour walk from the castle. No Marathon coach this time, but the same tickets still applied. Actually, they didn't even check anyone for tickets.

We assumed that Dublin Bus contracted the outward journey out to Marathon Coaches, as the extra Dublin buses would be limited during the day, but in plentiful supply at 11pm.

It seemed to be organised pretty well, which means less security issues in Slane.

Anyone know where one could download a bootleg of the Slane gig? I know Metallica have an official site for downloading live shows, and there's an unofficial one with all the U2 gigs. Anything similar for Bon Jovi?

Always nice to play back the gig, in the comfort of your living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Irishshin wrote: »
    Getting in and out was ok for us. We got a pass so parked in Slane. Had to get there before 10 am but the day flew.

Whats the story with a pass? I presume you mean for parking, can you park in Slane itself if you arrive before 10AM? Just curious since I'm going to Eminem myself and was planning to arrive early anyway in hopes to get to the front/pit..

Lord Henry Mountcharles on Matt Cooper saying he was delighted with the Bon Jovi gig. They had limited capacity on purpose in order to have more seating, he there was over the 50,000 mark.
    Eminem is sold out, all standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

starWave wrote: »
    There was a Dublin bus service and a coach service run by a company called Marathon from Custom House Quay. Took the coach as was staying nearby. It was 20euro if you booked in advance, or 25euro if you just showed up. I wasn't sure about time, so just showed up and it was fine. Not overcrowded or anything and not long to wait. Dublin bus was 20euro too which could be booked through ticketmaster. Info for the Marathon coach and Dublin Bus was sent in an e-mail from ticketmaster in the weeks before.

The walk from the bus drop off point in Slane to Slane castle is at least half an hour. No problems with return buses. There was a constant line of Dublin buses to whisk people bask to Dublin, after another half hour walk from the castle. No Marathon coach this time, but the same tickets still applied. Actually, they didn't even check anyone for tickets.

We assumed that Dublin Bus contracted the outward journey out to Marathon Coaches, as the extra Dublin buses would be limited during the day, but in plentiful supply at 11pm.

It seemed to be organised pretty well, which means less security issues in Slane.

Perfect. That's a big help, thanks for the response it's much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

SarahBM wrote: »
    Eminem is sold out, all standing.

There'll be loads of skangers at that. Rap brings out the toerags. I guarantee there will be trouble

Paully D wrote: »
    Perfect. That's a big help, thanks for the response it's much appreciated :)

I would recommend Dublin Bus if your travelling to and from Dublin city centre. the tickets were €20 and I got them in the Dublin Bus office, because Id say ticketmaster would charge a booking fee like they do with everything else.

I have to say I enjoyed the walk up to the castle and back :)

As for Eminem, I wouldn't go out in the backyard to see him. but that's just me :D

Id go see Bon Jovi in Slane again in a second. I hope they bring it out on DVD like they did with Bryan Adams, Chilis and U2.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would recommend Dublin Bus if your travelling to and from Dublin city centre. the tickets were €20 and I got them in the Dublin Bus office, because Id say ticketmaster would charge a booking fee like they do with everything else.

I have to say I enjoyed the walk up to the castle and back :)

As for Eminem, I wouldn't go out in the backyard to see him. but that's just me :D

Id go see Bon Jovi in Slane again in a second. I hope they bring it out on DVD like they did with Bryan Adams, Chilis and U2.

Yea i agree we didnt go with Dublin Bus but we did go with Marathon Travel , best decision we made since they park the closet to the venue and was very easy to get on a bus and was back in dublin within an hour

havin seen bon jovi every time in ireland since 94, about 8 concerts, does ne1else think we have seen the best of dem and its down hill from here?????

kerryguy78 wrote: »
    havin seen bon jovi every time in ireland since 94, about 8 concerts, does ne1else think we have seen the best of dem and its down hill from here?????

I had seen them 3 times previously. Landsdowne Road, Croke Park and Punchestown. I have to say for me Landsdowne and Slane were the best. Croke park wasnt great because we were way up in the Hogan stand and miles away from the fun. Punchestown I was on my own, so perhaps thats why I didnt enjoy it as much. But I have to say I enjoyed every minute of Slane, and I was worried that it wouldnt be as good as the previous concerts. Bon Jovi are a touring band, its what they do best. you can tell that they love it. unlike some bands, I dont feel they are on tour for the money (I hope).
    Id go see them every wk if I could. :) Slane was just brilliant! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

the crossroads and these days tours were da best i've seen, Jon was only 32 at da time and really used every inch of the stage, in Slane Jon used the walk way once during bad medicine, he stood by the mic for most of da show........................................

the crossroads and these days tours were da best i've seen, Jon was only 32 at da time and really used every inch of the stage, in Slane Jon used the walk way once during bad medicine, he stood by the mic for most of da show........................................

Anyone in the diamond circle? Seems a ripoff, since he only used the walk way once, and none of the band used it. U2 have really mastered using these ramps and walkaways, and it doesn't cost extra to be inside.

puttin up a walkway for jon 2 use it once is a bit of a waste, what happened to the jon dat used zip wires to be hoisted over the crowd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone watch the highlights from IOW with Bon Jovi? Am i the only one feeling that his voice was'nt as strong as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Anyone watch the highlights from IOW with Bon Jovi? Am i the only one feeling that his voice was'nt as strong as usual?

I watched the live stream last Sunday and thought the same. He must have being wrecked from playing Slane the night before!

in fairness, I think its amazing that he is able to sing like that 4 maybe 5 nights a week! He gives it his all like, his voice must be in bits like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

in fairness, I think its amazing that he is able to sing like that 4 maybe 5 nights a week! He gives it his all like, his voice must be in bits like.

Voice going?

He should go learn a few things off Bruce!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As strong as usual? His voice has completely gone!! It's been gone for years. Probably not all that noticeable in a live situation but when you hear the recordings it's patently obvious when compared to his voice back in the 80s/90s.

I just ment that it is amazing he is able to sing and perform to the standard he does, wk in wk out. I am in awh of him. I sang 2 nights in a row with choir and I was hoarse LOL

I hope they dont carry on and get really bad though. Id hate to see that happen to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I think you wont see them for 3/4 years and if sambora rejoins they will be back as good as ever it diffently.wont be down hill if they sort out thete issues

Advertisement