Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Jon's voice is doing ok this tour I think., wasnt the best at the start of the year but got better for Europe.
    2008 wasn't the best at all
    But from 2010 he seemed to be getting a lot better.

I reckon a lot depends on RS coming back as to weather or not they will tour again..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

As strong as usual? His voice has completely gone!! It's been gone for years. Probably not all that noticeable in a live situation but when you hear the recordings it's patently obvious when compared to his voice back in the 80s/90s.
    Yeah his voice was damaged badly in the late 80's ,early nineties from playing too many live gigs .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I loved Slane but it wasnt the same without Richie. stating the obvious I know, but I just felt like some of the guitar solos were missing that "Sambora" magic, ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I would so go if I could get work off at such short notice! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

is Dry County the must under rated bon jovi song? it totally rocks

kerryguy78 wrote: »
    is Dry County the must under rated bon jovi song? it totally rocks

One of my all time fav songs! definitely doesnt get enough credit.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

SarahBM wrote: »
    One of my all time fav songs! definitely doesnt get enough credit.:D

It doesn't get enough credit from the casuals coz it isn't well known but it's over-rated amongst the die hards.

Songs like Hey God, Whole Lot of Leaving, Letting You Go are far more under-rated overall in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Let it Rock is one of their most underrated songs. Absolute classic. I don't keep up to date with setlists but as far as I know they rarely, if ever, play it live.

Nothing they've done since really compares to the stuff on Slippery When Wet and to a lesser degree New Jersey. Crush was their last decent offering, anything since then has been beyond woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Let it Rock is one of their most underrated songs. Absolute classic. I don't keep up to date with setlists but as far as I know they rarely, if ever, play it live.

Santa Fe for me, absolutely epic song. Vocals are sublime in it. I'd be amongst the die hards, & love Dry County. Some solo in it too.
    Crush was their last decent offering, anything since then has been beyond woeful.

Agreed. And even that pales in comparison to These Days for me.

• Advertisement

Nothing they've done since really compares to the stuff on Slippery When Wet and to a lesser degree New Jersey. Crush was their last decent offering, anything since then has been beyond woeful.

Disagree on the SWW and New Jersey bit. Thought Keep the Faith and These Days were a really good progression from those albums and they've dated better. The albums from 2000 on have been pretty poor though. Some good songs on each album but the overall quality has been sub-standard. Doesn't help that Jon is trying to re-write 'It's My Life' every second song.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Thought Keep the Faith and These Days were a really good progression from those albums and they've dated better.

Thank you! Finally, another These Days fan :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Some great songs on Keep the Faith and These Days, but they're mostly filler imo. Where as SWW is top quality from start to finish.

Some great songs on Keep the Faith and These Days, but they're mostly filler imo. Where as SWW is top quality from start to finish.

Ah I can't disagree more with that. These Days is quality from start to finish. 'Damned' is the only song on the whole album I don't like, everything else is very high quality I feel

Yeah I can understand why people take that view. SWW and Jersey were the band's biggest albums too pretty much. I just think Keep the Faith and These Days are a bit more mature.

Keep the Faith does have a bit of filler but, for me, These Days is quality from start to finish. They aren't big, fun hits that are Bon Jovi's trademark but there's a depth to the songs and a flow to that album that they haven't replicated since.

These Days is my Favourite Bon Jovi album. I dont love the Crush Album but I do llove one or 2 songs off it. Sometimes I think Im the only person in the world who likes Bounce. I loved Have a Nice Day too, but I only liked one or 2 songs off the Lost Highway and Circle albums. the sunday after slane I just put on my Bon Jovi playlist on my ipod and listened all day. didnt skip any songs or albulms. It was brilliant. You can really hear the progression in the music going from Bon Jovi all the way through to Because we can. I find from Lost Highway on, things got a bit country or something, and a bit tamer, if you know what I mean.

These Days the song itself is class, brilliant. but there is something about Dry County!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Dry County is kinda now getting overplayed I think.
    Hearing it in 06 was completley amazing but now I think it takes up the space of two other songs.
    There are so many under rated songs I don't even know where i would start!

NJ and These Days albums are amazing.
    But I do like Have A Nice Day and The Circle are pretty good from the recent albums.
    What About Now sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭roadmaster

These days is defo there best. But i have to say have a nice day and the circle had some brilliant songs. Wan seams to be more a jbj record than a band one maybe that was half the problem with sambora

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Boxscore for Slane

Bon Jovi, The Coronas, Bressie, Ham Sandwich

Slane Castle

Slane, Ireland

June 15, 2013

$4,616,246

45,094 /

• Advertisement

only 45k ppl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭roadmaster

kerryguy78 wrote: »
    only 45k ppl?

thats an irish 45k you have to remember, like the only 6k at the Munster minor final replay the other night and the best of all at clones last Sunday a confirmed sell out crowd of 31000 yet clones holds 36000 and you could not swing a cat in the place it was that full.

Didnt Lord Henry say that it wasnt a full house because of all the seating they put in??!

I want to go again :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Didnt Lord Henry say that it wasnt a full house because of all the seating they put in??!

I want to go again :(

They had about 7000 seating

I remember thinking all the seat wernt full, but having said that, I didn't look back once Bon Jovi started

So just read a report on the web that sambora is gone for good, is this true????

They said that on the entertainment news on Today FM last wk. apparently no sign of reconciliation between Jon and Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They said that on the entertainment news on Today FM last wk. apparently no sign of reconciliation between Jon and Richie.

There will be a reconciliation in 2015, just in time for a huge reunion tour :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dont judge me, but I really hope so :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement