Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Golden Circle bought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Same here. Missus will be chuffed..

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

same here too........fair enough, its a bit stingy charging for your pit.......but it takes so much of the hassle out of it!

jossnjuice wrote: »
    same here too........fair enough, its a bit stingy charging for your pit.......but it takes so much of the hassle out of it!

Bon Jovi always do it . The main reason i got i was just in case if i get delayed in getting down to Slane you can still get a decent spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

They are still available - GC I mean.
    Not surprised!

Wonder what's happening with the DC.
    Could only get tickets if you bought a package so I hope its teeeeny :)

Bon Jovi always do it . The main reason i got i was just in case if i get delayed in getting down to Slane you can still get a decent spot

Yep, was in the circle in the RDS last time around, great that you can potter about and then still have a good vantage point with fcku all hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Yep, was in the circle in the RDS last time around, great that you can potter about and then still have a good vantage point with fcku all hassle.

Yeah, was in the Pit at Punchestown back in 2008 (Kid Rock supporting). Great gig.

What's the story with camping on either the Friday night or Saturday night, are there facilities for it in Slane?

Bon Jovi soundwise is always excellent and I can't see them dropping their standards in Slane. I have seen many bands and artists play the RDS and the sound was atrocious, but yet whenever Jovi played, the sound was always excellent.

Hope the weather is good for it, roll on June.

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

still havent seen them play,why do they always play **** venues,wouldent go to rds or slane if free,been there have tshirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Ottway wrote: »
    Yeah, was in the Pit at Punchestown back in 2008 (Kid Rock supporting). Great gig.

What's the story with camping on either the Friday night or Saturday night, are there facilities for it in Slane?

Bon Jovi soundwise is always excellent and I can't see them dropping their standards in Slane. I have seen many bands and artists play the RDS and the sound was atrocious, but yet whenever Jovi played, the sound was always excellent.

Hope the weather is good for it, roll on June.

Yep, there will be plenty farms/hostels offering camping facilities for the Friday and Saturday night. I camped in 2010 at a site about a mile from the castle. It had toilet and shower facilities along with plenty catering vans and you could park the car next to your tent. Great crowd there and the atmosphere was brilliant. Only paid €20.00 per person for 2 nights. Spent the Friday night in the local pubs/campsite and back there again after the gig on the Saturday. Headed home nice and fresh Sunday lunchtime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is Slane not all standing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is Slane not all standing:confused:

It is. The golden circle is just the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 David1999

Genuinely hope you enjoy the gig.

Myself and some friends were considering going but the E80 - E100 price tag for tickets has put us out of the equation.

I realise it's Slane, but i'm a bit shocked at the marked price (regardless of touts).

E100 euro a ticket? Sorry but that's just a rip-off.

E80 is a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

David1999 wrote: »
    Genuinely hope you enjoy the gig.

Myself and some friends were considering going but the E80 - E100 price tag for tickets has put us out of the equation.

I realise it's Slane, but i'm a bit shocked at the marked price (regardless of touts).

E100 euro a ticket? Sorry but that's just a rip-off.

E80 is a rip-off.

€80 is alot of money but when you take a step back and look a bit deeper, it's not too bad.

Gates will probably open at 1-2pm. (although tickets state gates at 3pm, this will probably be revised to an earlier time as per previous years).

So lets take 2pm as the start point and 11pm (approx) as the finish time. That's 9 hours in the venue for €80 or €8.88 per hour (I do realise that bands won't be on stage for the full 9 hours but just an example).

When you take into account that any of the high end gigs at the O2 sell for anywhere between €55-€90 for 6.30pm-11pm, Slane doesn't compare too bad IMO.

Further example, a standard Wales v Ireland 6 nations rugby ticket for this weekend has a face value of £75 stg. That's for 80minutes rugby!

These kind of events are expensive I'm afraid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Gf wants to go to this so looks like ill be going also.

Where's the closest place to get accommodation for the weekend at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Still only sold in the mid thirty thousand mark according to the Irish Times today. It may end up being the lowest selling Slane in history unless they add some big support acts.

SB-08 wrote: »
    Still only sold in the mid thirty thousand mark according to the Irish Times today. It may end up being the lowest selling Slane in history unless they add some big support acts.

They will def add a few big support acts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah, I think everyones holding out to see who the support is. I remember Lenny Kravitz in Marlay Park. Support was Alanis Morissette, The Script and One Republic

The true lineup was Alanis, The Script, OR, Lenny K :P

I got a gold circle ticket. Saw him at the RDS last time and he played for a solid 3 hours, even with a gammy knee! Good show

• Advertisement

Hopefully they dont copy the IOW festival bill on the Bon Jovi day and dont book the script as special guests :(

heard yesterday only 35k have shifted.........

the place is going to be empty, which is unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,423 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When are they going announce support for this gig. with the way the tickets are selling a few big support acts are needed.

Dont know TBH, but theyd need to get a move on seeing as big festivals are starting to be announced, which may take away from their announcements of support.

Im going with an outside shout of the Boomtown Rats..........JBJ and Geldof have a friendship stretching years......and he appeared at Wembley with them in '95.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

They changed the start time on the facebook page to 7.30pm.
    Same time for a normal Jovi show.

What time would Slane normally have started?

Also ticket giveaways on Today FM and they interviewed JBJ & playing the new single (never ever happens) so there's no way its selling.

Hopefully they dont copy the IOW main support which is the Script :( but in saying that they would help sell a few more tickets

any update or sign of support being announced???

Id say they will announce Oxegen 1st then maybe they might announce the support after .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 biggigfan

Why would anyone go to Bon Jovi when Neil Young and Crazy Horse are on the very same night for less money? Young is a legend and one of the greatest songwriters ever while Bon Jovi are a campy, overplayed and overly commercial soft rock band led by one of musics most egotistical and smug front men. Its amazing how the whole country have suddenly jumped on the Bruce Springsteen bandwagon in the last few years resulting in 5 gigs this year and yet Neil Young still hasn't sold out his one gig. I have had the misfortune of seeing Bon Jovi live. They started covering a load of crappy mainstream pop songs from the likes of Rihanna and co!! It was cringe worthy. I guess my point is: If your a big fan/a girl you'll probably enjoy this. If not, then personally I would advise you to steer well clear. So many other great gigs you could spend your hard earned money on: The Who, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Roger Waters etc.

• Advertisement

biggigfan wrote: »
    Why would anyone go to Bon Jovi when Neil Young and Crazy Horse are on the very same night for less money? Young is a legend and one of the greatest songwriters ever while Bon Jovi are a campy, overplayed and overly commercial soft rock band led by one of musics most egotistical and smug front men. Its amazing how the whole country have suddenly jumped on the Bruce Springsteen bandwagon in the last few years resulting in 5 gigs this year and yet Neil Young still hasn't sold out his one gig. I have had the misfortune of seeing Bon Jovi live. They started covering a load of crappy mainstream pop songs from the likes of Rihanna and co!! It was cringe worthy. I guess my point is: If your a big fan/a girl you'll probably enjoy this. If not, then personally I would advise you to steer well clear. So many other great gigs you could spend your hard earned money on: The Who, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Roger Waters etc.

I actually wouldnt mind going to see Neil Young but because Bon Jovi announced there show before NY i got tickets for Bon Jovi . Ive seen Bon Jovi a good few times and they are always good live even though cheesy a good bit of the time but still enjoyable . Dont know what you are on about people jumping on the Springsteen bandwagon??? He has always been massive so its no shock he can still sell out massive outdoor shows around the world and which im going to 2 of the shows this summer. Also i wanted to go to Fleetwood Mac but sadly missed out on tickets.

Advertisement