Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

corm500 wrote: »
    Ok then if that's the case can we expect to see Kaiser Chiefs and Bush further down the bill at Slane. Somehow I think the answer will be no.

If they do play Bush would def be lower but Kaiser's would be 50/50 if they would be higher than Coronas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Dont really understand the support abuse, Coronas deserved the slot, Ham Sandwich are one of the best live bands this country has ever produced. Delighted they're finally getting the spotlight!

Just lose Bressie and its a great lineup

Corona's don't deserve to be playing somewhere like Slane IMO, they've turned into (although some would say they've always been) the sickly by numbers pop rock band. The fact that Bressie was announced with them says it all really. Ham Sandwich are a decent band, but one of the best this country ever produced, I definitely wouldn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ok then if that's the case can we expect to see Kaiser Chiefs and Bush further down the bill at Slane. Somehow I think the answer will be no.

Kaiser chiefs are opening act on the bil for green day in the summer.. hardly that popular anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

what does the gold circle give you other than access to the posh pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Not much, its a pit in the normal pit..........

Slightly closer to the stage, thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

feck that so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Charlie Sampson.

Wasnt that the guy from Busted?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

CMpunked wrote: »

Don't know tbh but he is higher than Coronas on Hyde Park bill. Says a lot really.

Yea was also in Fightstar . His solo stuff is pretty decent

Yea was also in Fightstar . His solo stuff is pretty decent

Oooh yeah! Fightstar were pretty good. Shame they just fell off the radar.

• Advertisement

Oooh yeah! Fightstar were pretty good. Shame they just fell off the radar.

Yea think after the last album they have gone on a break and Charlie doing his acoustic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14 notanerd

So as if Bon Jovi weren't bad enough themselves, they throw in a handful of our own home grown idiots. Bressie? You've got to be kidding me. I would seriously question any man that willingly bought a ticket to see these fairy's. They've got to be one of the most girly pop rock bands in history and their overrated songs have been so overplayed at this stage. Does anyone with a shred of musical taste really want to ever hear Living on a Prayer ever again? Too add to all this now they don't even have there bloody guitarist with them. Still some time left to cut your losses and bin these tickets and go see a real band, Neil Young and Crazy Horse that night instead!!

notanerd wrote: »
    So as if Bon Jovi weren't bad enough themselves, they throw in a handful of our own home grown idiots. Bressie? You've got to be kidding me. I would seriously question any man that willingly bought a ticket to see these fairy's. They've got to be one of the most girly pop rock bands in history and their overrated songs have been so overplayed at this stage. Does anyone with a shred of musical taste really want to ever hear Living on a Prayer ever again? Too add to all this now they don't even have there bloody guitarist with them. Still some time left to cut your losses and bin these tickets and go see a real band, Neil Young and Crazy Horse that night instead!!

Cool%20Story%20Bro.jpg?m=1320018084

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭roadmaster

For a overrated band they seam to be doing very well another world tour playing the biggest staduims around the world and dont worry sambora will be back

I'm not worried. I couldn't give a toss about Sambora, he's a unspectacular guitarist, in Bon Jovi at least. As for overrated bands/musicians/Glorified Karaoke acts playing stadiums, most of today's awful artists are hugely popular and playing big venues, doesn't make them any less overrated. In fact that's part and parcel with being overrated, your successful and playing big gigs and selling records.

I'm not worried. I couldn't give a toss about Sambora, he's a unspectacular guitarist, in Bon Jovi at least. As for overrated bands/musicians/Glorified Karaoke acts playing stadiums, most of today's awful artists are hugely popular and playing big venues, doesn't make them any less overrated. In fact that's part and parcel with being overrated, your successful and playing big gigs and selling records.

So if you are selling lots of records and playing massive shows does that make you over-rated? Sure isnt Neil Young one of those so?

I see your one of those people that just twists words to suit their own opinions. I never said that all bands that sell records and concerts are overrated. If a band isn't selling records and concerts sure then their not rated at all really but to be overrated you have to be praised and popular but my point is that its unjustly because the overrated bands are not as good as people say they are. Feel free to twist my words again or write me off as whatever you please.

In fact that's part and parcel with being overrated, your successful and playing big gigs and selling records.

noooo, thats part and parcel with being successful. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I see your one of those people that just twists words to suit their own opinions. I never said that all bands that sell records and concerts are overrated. If a band isn't selling records and concerts sure then their not rated at all really but to be overrated you have to be praised and popular but my point is that its unjustly because the overrated bands are not as good as people say they are. Feel free to twist my words again or write me off as whatever you please.

That's kinda what overrated means.

What if people thought Neil Young was overrated? I know people who would really be into that form of music but wouldn't rate him as highly as others, and instead think lesser known acts are better.

I'm not worried. I couldn't give a toss about Sambora, he's a unspectacular guitarist, overrated .

Absolute slander........He's a brilliant Axe Man...........you write a riff better than the beginning of wanted dead or alive, go sell 120M albums and come back to me when your done.

• Advertisement

Bad news for slane ,its on the Bon jovi website that Richie Sambora will not be playing Europe for the upcoming tour. Very disappointing news as i know many people see him as one of the main reasons for there gigs being so good. It will be interesting to see Phil X as he is totally different style of guitarist to sambora

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Absolutely gutted Richie won't be in Europe. Am shocked, there was no doubt in my mind he wouldn't be there.
    I have no choice but to go to Manchester as I have flights and hotel already booked.
    Slane I have to as well as I'm going with 7 others.
    But if I can get rid of London tickets I will.

Honestly do not want to see them without Richie.

Not sure Phil X will be there.

Anyone think its just a massive Publicity stunt? Maybe closer to the dates he will be announced for the gigs to try boost sales

Thats a big risk to take if thats true considering they are selling well in europe and now people are selling there tickets cause theres no sambora. I read somewhere online ill try and find it again that basicaly they wanted to cancel the tour when he left but there promoter would take them to the cleaners if they did

Doubt its a publicity stunt. People are getting rid of their tickets.

at least 7 times Slane was advertised on today.fm today
    Never heard it that much

Anyone ready to admit that buying Bon Jovi tickets was a big mistake?

Nah it won't be a mistake. Jon will give his all. You'll just be missing the soul of the band.
    If your going just for Richie then yeah a mistake.

Matt from FC confirmed on twitter Phil x will cover for Richie until he returns.

Anyone ready to admit that buying Bon Jovi tickets was a big mistake?

Not yet......I shall reserve judgement until its over..........although i have a horrible feeling that could be the case......seen them 5 or 6 times and their constant on stage, but have a feeling this one will be strange minus richie.

• Advertisement

The only big mistake that could be made is getting lost and ending up in the rds looking at a old grumpy lad on stage in a empty rds with no craic. In on way i am looking forward to it more as it be interestng to see phil x as he has all ready has changed some solos slightly. But it is still not a proper bon jovi show without sambora.

Advertisement