Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,424 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so slane will be more like Jon Bon Jovi and Band and a few chart irish bands suppoting. Time for MCD to add the Script imo

Im bought 2 diamond circle tickets back in november so there paid now and mite as well go.

Im coming from Waterford and does anyone knw if it possible to get a straight bus to slane from there or will i have to get to Dublin by train or bus and get to slane from there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

notanerd wrote: »
    Anyone ready to admit that buying Bon Jovi tickets was a big mistake?

Still trolling this thread, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭roadmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Just wondering is anyone going for a refund for Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Irishshin wrote: »

Dont think anyone is entitled to a refund. The show is still going ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

?????????????

Gig still going ahead as normal and licence granted.

It was announced on bonjovi.com that if anyone wanted a refund due to the absence of Richie they can do so.

Seetickets in the UK were giving refunds. Friend of mine got her Manchester ticket refunded. Interestingly I just read that AEG have told see tickets not to refund anymore. Wondered if anyone had tried TM in Ireland.

http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/49552391536.0/south-africa-europe-ticket-holders#.UYkSvkq3p6Y

Looks like they announced it and didn't bother contacting promoters! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

This might be handy for those out there who bought Bon Jovi tickets but now want rid because of the weak line up.

It was announced on bonjovi.com that if anyone wanted a refund due to the absence of Richie they can do so.

Seetickets in the UK were giving refunds. Friend of mine got her Manchester ticket refunded. Interestingly I just read that AEG have told see tickets not to refund anymore. Wondered if anyone had tried TM in Ireland.

http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/49552391536.0/south-africa-europe-ticket-holders#.UYkSvkq3p6Y

Looks like they announced it and didn't bother contacting promoters! :)

It just goes to show how important richie sambora is to bon jovi. I say they wish they held off touring untill 2014 like they had planned at this stage

mite get my tickets refunded. Waterford to slane is a nightmare and the line up is fairly average.

Saw the full Bon Jovi 2 years ago in the rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Looks like you can get a refund.

Up on www.ticketmaster.ie at the moment.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/105os4?tm_link=tm_homeA_news1

Bon Jovi - South Africa & Europe Ticket Holders

Any customer that wishes to refund their ticket to any Bon Jovi show in South Africa or Europe due to the absence of Richie Sambora may do so by returning their ticket to the original point of sale no later than the day before the show.

Bon Jovi play Slane Castle, Co. Meath on Saturday 15 June 2013 with special guests The Coronas, Bressie and Hamsandwich.

Would hate to be anyone who sold their tickets and took and hit as I have seen a fair few doing lately now.

I think Slane will suffer even more now that they have to give refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hear Santana is supposed to be playing guitar with Bon Jovi these days.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

got my slane tickets refunded.

E500 back in the pocket.

Hopefully ill catch Bon Jovi again on tour in 2014/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got my slane tickets refunded.

E500 back in the pocket.

Hey - did you have to go an TM outlet to get the refund or can you do it online?

Last night was the first night of the europe tour and apperently jon voice went and david bryan took over some singing duties. There having no look on this tour

PTH2009 wrote: »

Im hoping it will be a lot longer
    This tour / album was rushed and is a complete disaster

jamieh wrote: »
    Hey - did you have to go an TM outlet to get the refund or can you do it online?

i bought it off the fan club. i emailed them quoating my ref number and they said they will refund my ticket money

• Registered Users Posts: 86,619 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is anyone still going now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is anyone still going now :P

I've been hearing it's gonna be moved to Whelans ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've been hearing it's gonna be moved to Whelans ;)
    Bressie isn't big enough an act for Whelans

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

I'm going, any tips on driving to slane? does it take long from navan?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Radio Nova
    Richie Sambora has decided to speak up about his recent departure from the Bon Jovi lineup — and it sounds like fans may need to start preparing for the possibility that he may never return.

Sambora knows there’s been a lot of speculation regarding his reasons for splitting during the band’s latest tour, and although he won’t specifically address what led to his departure, he sounded upbeat during an interview with the U.K.’s ‘Daily Mail.’ “I don’t have any major problems in life right now,” he insisted. “I love my fans, and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line.”

Lack of major life problems notwithstanding, Sambora did allow that his relationship with longtime bandmateJon Bon Jovi is currently strained. “My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself,” Sambora mused. “He is making it very difficult for me to come back.” Perhaps referencing Bon Jovi’s recent interview with the ‘London Evening Standard,’ he added a warning: “Enough with the trash talking! Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly.”

While the two work out whatever their differences are, Sambora insisted he’s keeping himself occupied with other business ventures. “I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich,” he concluded, “and this is a private matter.”

Meanwhile,back at the ranch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

kerryguy78 wrote: »
    I'm going, any tips on driving to slane? does it take long from navan?

On a normal day, 15 minutes. I'd imagine there'll be some car park out that way so you can dump the car there and walk in the last mile or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Time to start thinking of ways to get there!

I reckon Dublin Bus seems to be 20 euro a ticket if you buy in advance
    I was in Slane in 99 and there seemed to be lots of buses.

Anyone any other suggestions or people offering bus services perhaps cheaper?

Does anyone have any experience on driving there from Dublin, would it just be easier to take the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭daludo

would be interested in hearing replies to this one,same situation here except coming frm limerick and staying in navan

staying in Drogheda and will have two pregnant ladies!
    Lady from B&B is organising buses for us but we have no idea how far they will let us in.
    So if anyone knows how far we need to walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

staying in Drogheda and will have two pregnant ladies!
    Lady from B&B is organising buses for us but we have no idea how far they will let us in.
    So if anyone knows how far we need to walk?

Expect to walk a mile if not more from past experience

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Got gold circle tickets for this, as its nice to turn up latish and still have a decent view of the stage. Got an e-mail last week about upgrading to diamond circle tickets.

I'm just wondering if these were available from the start maybe as VIP backstage meet the band tickets, and they haven't sold well, or is it a new category they have added in to squeeze a few extra bob out of the major fans.

You get a few freebies like a towel or something, but it seems a major rip-off considering the price difference (€100 extra).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

how are ticket sales looking for this?? we looking at the lowest attandece in slane?

Advertisement