Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

but1er wrote: »
    how are ticket sales looking for this?? we looking at the lowest attandece in slane?

Would love to know this too

Still undecided whether to go or not

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

starWave wrote: »
    Got gold circle tickets for this, as its nice to turn up latish and still have a decent view of the stage. Got an e-mail last week about upgrading to diamond circle tickets.

I'm just wondering if these were available from the start maybe as VIP backstage meet the band tickets, and they haven't sold well, or is it a new category they have added in to squeeze a few extra bob out of the major fans.

You get a few freebies like a towel or something, but it seems a major rip-off considering the price difference (€100 extra).

There was always a diamond circle. Sold as package (no meet the band!) by the FC (and possibly TM?)
    For all other shows the FC sold ticket only for the diamond circle but for some reason not for Slane.
    And I reckon they have no way sold all those packages and thats why they are offering upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There will be shed loads of Comps next week, expect Nova/Phantom to be givin away a pair every hour etc.

As for the gig itself, it seems it's nowhere near sold out, what they'll do is, just before BJ goes onstage they'll bump people from the GA into the Golden circle, and people from Golden into Diamond, there's no way they'll have these areas half full.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Castle Park Slane Carpark And Campsite
    It's all happening down in the wee village of Slane...!!! Getting ready for Mr Jon Bon Jovi....!!! #exciting!

704934_676446722371233_1797399021_o.jpg

Never been to Slane but are the seats usually there or were they further back? Would show how tickets are selling

EDIT: How do i make the image smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

how are ticket sales looking for this?? we looking at the lowest attandece in slane?

It is being promoted like crazy on radio.. Todayfm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Well it it was in the mid 30K prior to Richie Sambora leaving the tour. Considering the truly appalling support bill and full refunds now being available due to Sambora being absent - it would be surprising if half of the tickets sell. Neil Young is on the same night which is also a factor. I would imagine he has sold over 20K for the RDS. Maybe had they got a big act like The Script or Snow Patrol to support it would've sold out but why would either act support Bon Jovi in 2013? This is another Neil Diamond style disaster with promoters forced to spend a fortune on endless radio ads and will be reduced to giving thousands of tickets away in comps.

Eminem had sold in excess of 70K for Slane as of mid May so I am sure he will sell it out. Some other gigs such as Robbie and Rihanna at the Aviva have both almost sold out despite high ticket prices. Next time Bon Jovi plays here they would be wise to do the O2.

Lord Mountcharles must be worried about Slane in the coming years. Unless he gets The Boss, U2 or The Stones to play it's hard to see any promoters agreeing to do it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭roadmaster

somebody posted here a few weeks ago i think it was around the 50k mark, i was in slane Wednesday and talking to locals and people working in the castle as i had deliverys to make there and the lads in the castle are saying that sixty thousand are sold plus a few more expected in the coming days, when you consider with the refunds, the main man sambora is missing and the fact that there is concerts left right centre everywhere its not to bad, i don't think anyone can name to many concerts sold out in this country this year, as regard the seats where else are they going to put them you pay big bucks you dont want to be back in the ditch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

roadmaster wrote: »
    somebody posted here a few weeks ago i think it was around the 50k mark, i was in slane Wednesday and talking to locals and people working in the castle as i had deliverys to make there and the lads in the castle are saying that sixty thousand are sold plus a few more expected in the coming days, when you consider with the refunds, the main man sambora is missing and the fact that there is concerts left right centre everywhere its not to bad, i don't think anyone can name to many concerts sold out in this country this year, as regard the seats where else are they going to put them you pay big bucks you dont want to be back in the ditch

with all due respect, how would the 'lads in the castle' know the details on ticket sales?
    At the end of the day the castle has nothing to do with the gig once the rent has been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There's no way they've sold 60,000 tickets. If they had done so, they wouldn't be continuing to have saturation advertising. They'd probably be DELIGHTED if they'd sold anywhere near that. I'd say it's probably half that amount.
    I would also point out that ads for Neil Young are equally in overdrive, and they added The Waterboys (not my cup of tea, but a reasonably high profile act) very close to the date in order to boost sales.
    I think BOTH shows were a serious case of over-reaching.
    Bon Jovi in the RDS and Neil Young in the O2 would have been the logical choice.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Bon Jovi have a ****e support lineup. Bressie, Ham Sandwich and The Corona's are not what you expect to see it a rock concert.

Neil Young has a great support lineup, Little Green Cars, Los Lobos and The Waterboys. If I had the money I know where I would be heading.

• Advertisement

Id say they will get 50,000 at a max imo . Agree the support is not great if they added The Script(not a fan ) then id say they would sell a good bit of tickets . Plus it doesnt help the fact Neil Young and Bon Jovi are on the same day . A few days apart would have been better(but suppose depends on bands schedules)

If there is weather like this next sat then i can see a few people pick up a few tickets as last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

"Livin' on a prayer" on right now (Todayfm) 40th time today!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I've got general admission tickets, I've never been to Slane before, would it be wise to show up extremely early? Perhaps about 10am?

I've got general admission tickets, I've never been to Slane before, would it be wise to show up extremely early? Perhaps about 10am?

Nope, if i were going and wasn't arsed wit the support bands i'd be lookin at arriving at Slane for around 6.30/7pm, you'll be grand getting in at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

as we're talking about ticket sales and general attendances, sure I remember Guns N' Roses (my first gig ever) and the second half of the amphitheatre was not even generally used such was relatively low attendance compared to the likes of U2 or even the Chillis (I won't use the Oasis gig as an example as that was a catastrophe).
    And even at that, GNR has a seriously in form Faith No More (fresh from their Angle dust release) and Kilkenny band, My Little Funhouse as support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

anyone hear the rumour that Bon Jovi is cancelled due to poor ticket sales ?

RATM wrote: »
    anyone hear the rumour that Bon Jovi is cancelled due to poor ticket sales ?

Yeah, i heard that rumour, it was started in After Hours so plenty of truth in it :rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nope, if i were going and wasn't arsed wit the support bands i'd be lookin at arriving at Slane for around 6.30/7pm, you'll be grand getting in at that time
    Thank you, I'm not worried about not getting in, would it not be a good idea to get there early to get a good view though?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Thank you, I'm not worried about not getting in, would it not be a good idea to get there early to get a good view though?

The website doors open at 3pm, and there is no queuing allowed before this time. I've never been before so I don't know how it works. I guess they don't have room to form queues, like you would outside a stadium.

It's usually easy to work your way up to the front at a concert, if you really want to be there. I'm not sure its a better view though, as the crowd is a lot denser.

You could always get gold circle or diamond circle tickets, and be guaranteed a decent view.

Worst concert experience was U2 in Rome, when the early goers, went into the pit and lied down taking up all the room. Had to tiptoe over bodies to get in and up to the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

The concert isn't cancelled. Jon will never cancel.

Was in Manchester on Saturday. They did put on a great show but it was crap with no Richie there. Phil x is no substitute. I'm a Richie fan so probably felt it more.
    I did enjoy it...mostly due to the people I was with. But still good show. Jon's voice was fine.
    Hopefully it will stay that way...although seeing as we will be in the middle of a field his allergies will play up and they are are IOW the next day so my expectations are not high.

That gold circle is bloody enormous. What's up with that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

anyone any idea of stage times and where the mcd ticket pick up point is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

...but you gotta agree the support at this gig is naff.......like Bressie FFS.........christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Irishshin wrote: »
    That gold circle is bloody enormous. What's up with that?!?
    Money !

anyone any idea of stage times and where the mcd ticket pick up point is?

From the e-mail from ticketmaster today:
    Box Office Information

If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The box offices will be open from 13:00 at two locations:

• The Ticketmaster unit on the N2 Dublin Road
    • The Ticketmaster unit in the VIP carpark off the N51 road from Navan.

Please bring the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets in addition to the Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.
    Concert Information

Bon Jovi - Saturday 15 June - Slane Castle
    - No Queuing Before 12.00 Noon -

Stage Times:
    15:00 Concert Gates Open
    15:30 HamsandwicH
    16:30 Bressie
    18:00 Coronas
    19:30 Bon Jovi
    * Please Note: Times are subject to change

I doubt those times are accurate though.

I'm not sure if this is a totally appropriate place to be asking this question, but I've personally never listened to Hamsandwich, Bressie or The Coronas, if I wanted to somewhat get into each band before the concert, what would be a good starting point for each of them album wise?

MCD Productions
    The Bon Jovi stage build begins!

BMfBiRhCcAAatwT.jpg:large

Alright, I've heard people have gotten emails from Ticketmaster asking if they'd like to upgrade their tickets for a fee. I bought my tickets at a ticketmaster outlet and therefore didn't receive this email, I've got general admission tickets, and as far as I know, there's still gold circle tickets left for this gig, would you say if I brought my tickets to ticketmaster there would be a chance of them allowing me to upgrade my general admission tickets to gold cricle?

Alright, I've heard people have gotten emails from Ticketmaster asking if they'd like to upgrade their tickets for a fee. I bought my tickets at a ticketmaster outlet and therefore didn't receive this email, I've got general admission tickets, and as far as I know, there's still gold circle tickets left for this gig, would you say if I brought my tickets to ticketmaster there would be a chance of them allowing me to upgrade my general admission tickets to gold cricle?

Someone mentioned that you are entitled to a refund since Sambora isn't playing, but I'm not sure if its true. If it is true, you could just return the old ones and buy gold circle ones. Or arrive there early and you might get into the gold circle for free, if it isn't sold out.

• Advertisement

starWave wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that you are entitled to a refund since Sambora isn't playing, but I'm not sure if its true. If it is true, you could just return the old ones and buy gold circle ones. Or arrive there early and you might get into the gold circle for free, if it isn't sold out.

I heard about the refund thing as well but didn't think of doing that, thank you, I'll try that if I can't just upgrade them.

Advertisement