Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I heard about the refund thing as well but didn't think of doing that, thank you, I'll try that if I can't just upgrade them.

Bring the screenshot from the TM site where it says bout refunds with you

Friend of mine went for a GC circle refund, they said they didn't know anything bout the refunds. I sent her the screenshot, she showed it to them and got the refund

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

ticket sales must b very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Met Americans that have said Richie Sambora will be on stage Saturday he don't wanna miss slane its his one chance will be there
    god i hope its true

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

but1er wrote: »
    Met Americans that have said Richie Sambora will be on stage Saturday he don't wanna miss slane its his one chance will be there
    god i hope its true

i doubt that very much . They are prob just saying that cause they want him there

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

i doubt that very much . They are prob just saying that cause they want him there

True

Plus Phil X has tweeted that it looks like he is gonna be there till Hyde Park
    He did add..but you never know.

Seriously doubt Richie will be back in Europe with Jovi this year.
    (doesn't mean that I'm not hoping he will appear on Saturday or in HP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Anyone know how long it takes to get back to the Dublin Bus pick up points and how long from there to get moving please?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Brutal choice of band for slane!! if it was back around 1987/88 when they were at their best it would have sold out twice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

42000 tickets sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

PaddyCar wrote: »
    42000 tickets sold

Source???

Guy i know who is involved in the security for the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

alot of ppl tryin to sell tickets
    dey're loss amazing live band

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

kerryguy78 wrote: »
    alot of ppl tryin to sell tickets
    dey're loss amazing live band

I don't know why people are selling. They can get refunds

I'm still undecided about going, I've no tickets yet but I'm wary of buying tickets incase they ave already recd a refund and they are void. Presume that is only an issue with email tickets though?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

PaddyCar wrote: »
    42000 tickets sold

oooo, we're halfway there, oooo ooooh, livin on a prayer

First time in Slane tomorrow. Bought the gold circle tickets and just wondering would i need to wear wellies? Please and thanks.

RAFA B wrote: »
    First time in Slane tomorrow. Bought the gold circle tickets and just wondering would i need to wear wellies? Please and thanks.

The Gold Circle may have the white flooring sheets in place tomorrow. (gold circles/pits etc usually do at outdoor gigs).

However, do remember you will need to walk down through the arena to get to the gold circle which will probably be fairly soft under foot in places. Slane, however, isn't the worst for muddy conditions!!

Personally, I always wear wellies to outdoor gigs in Ireland as its the safe option and there is nothing worse than wet, muddy feet when you're standing in a field for 8-9 hours. (Plus they come in handy for sneaking in the old naggin of whiskey)!!

You'll probably get away with a decent solid shoe/boot if you don't want to wear the wellies!!

The Gold Circle may have the white flooring sheets in place tomorrow. (gold circles/pits etc usually do at outdoor gigs).

However, do remember you will need to walk down through the arena to get to the gold circle which will probably be fairly soft under foot in places. Slane, however, isn't the worst for muddy conditions!!

Personally, I always wear wellies to outdoor gigs in Ireland as its the safe option and there is nothing worse than wet, muddy feet when you're standing in a field for 8-9 hours. (Plus they come in handy for sneaking in the old naggin of whiskey)!!

You'll probably get away with a decent solid shoe/boot if you don't want to wear the wellies!!

Thanks i will wear the wellies so.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Any advise on car parks lads? A first timer and well no interest in gig just bringing herself and was wondering what car park is like and prices I presume a rip off but any info that helps is great

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Mountcharles quoted in the IT today that he expects "50,000+" for tomorrow nights gig. The 42K figure is probably correct if they are aiming for 50K - obviously hoping for a lot of people buying last minute.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=11335&Lang=1

45,000 expected currently according to Garda Press Release.

Do we think that they may try and fence off the arena to a capacity of 55,000 approx in order for it to look somewhat full. That would allow for any last minute ticket rush!! An 80,000 capacity venue with 45,000-50,000 people there would look rather poor!!

Personally, looking forward to this gig!!

Yes they have reduced the capacity on their planning application from 80k to 50k so i would imagine the fences will be brought in to reflect this. It also means that they will require fewer gardaí

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Im going to Neil Young tomorrow, so wont be at Slane.

My first gig ever was David Bowie at Slane in 1987, so Ive fond memories of the place.

Ive since seen Guns N Roses, Neil Young, Madonna and The Rolling Stones there. Its an iconic venue (even if it is almost impossible to buy a drink).

The Richie Sambora situation is a shame and the support line up is a disgrace.

However, I have seen Bon Jovi live 3 times back in the early-mid nineties and Ive no doubt they'll more than justify their billing tomorrow.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Raining hard in Navan at the moment. Enjoy the muck bath at Slane tomorrow. Anyone who likes Bon Jovi deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pinkman wrote: »
    Mountcharles quoted in the IT today that he expects "50,000+" for tomorrow nights gig. The 42K figure is probably correct if they are aiming for 50K - obviously hoping for a lot of people buying last minute.
    Maybe they should start selling tickets at half price like they did for the UK gigs .

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Raining hard in Navan at the moment. Enjoy the muck bath at Slane tomorrow. Anyone who likes Bon Jovi deserves it

Glad to see your username reflects your personality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Zardoz wrote: »
    Maybe they should start selling tickets at half price like they did for the UK gigs .

countrys to greedy mcd charged a couple with a 6 year old girl 96 euro EACH

rip off ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Zardoz wrote: »

How much input did they have into the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I'm the same, first time driving to Slane and don't wanna be rippe off or park over an hours walk from the venue, especially with the crap weather!
    Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Any advise on car parks lads? A first timer and well no interest in gig just bringing herself and was wondering what car park is like and prices I presume a rip off but any info that helps is great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well that was surreal, just took the dog for a walk past Trim Castle and the river and who do i spend 5 mins talkin to, Jon Bon Jovi!!!

He's chillin out before the gig, said he was heading to Franzini O'Briens for a meal wit his family in a bit.

Nice enough guy too, damn shame i didn't have me phone wit me

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

scudzilla wrote: »
    Well that was surreal, just took the dog for a walk past Trim Castle and the river and who do i spend 5 mins talkin to, Jon Bon Jovi!!!

He's chillin out before the gig, said he was heading to Franzini O'Briens for a meal wit his family in a bit.

Nice enough guy too, damn shame i didn't have me phone wit me

Nice one :)

I won 2 tickets for general admission (2nd place, 1st was for Diamond circle and a press pass which is why I entered!), sold them to a friend and for then upgraded from Gold Circle to Diamond Circle so roll on tomorrow. It won't be the same without Richie but c'est la vie! 6th time going to Slane and can't wait to return. Smaller crowd should mean we won't have the usual nightmare getting out at the end ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

DeanAustin wrote: »
    How much input did they have into the prices?
    Groupon sold tickets for half price the week of the gig for Manchester and Birmingham ,that is what I meant by tickets being half price.

I like Bon Jovi but no way would I go to Slane to see them,its a disastrous venue .
    Might be handy for people from the North and West but a nightmare if you are from the South .

Advertisement