Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

scudzilla wrote: »
    Well that was surreal, just took the dog for a walk past Trim Castle and the river and who do i spend 5 mins talkin to, Jon Bon Jovi!!!

He's chillin out before the gig, said he was heading to Franzini O'Briens for a meal wit his family in a bit.

Nice enough guy too, damn shame i didn't have me phone wit me

Why would you post where he is goin for dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads i have to collect tickets tomorrow so scared as its not marked on the map or the letters! Better not be that hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

but1er wrote: »
    Lads i have to collect tickets tomorrow so scared as its not marked on the map or the letters! Better not be that hard!

Think collection point is slane bridge. Should be easy to find

Just bought my tickets.

Pray for decent weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Depends on the type of tickets. Diamond ones have to be collected at the VIP car park I think. Still waiting for Ticketmaster to send exact details. Might have a long hike from the coach park to get them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Up and looking at the weather report, nice at the moment, terrified it will go back to the rain, (and this is Ireland so we know it more than likely will) Please say the weather stays good. I am dying to go and can't if it is pouring!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Anyone local to give us a true weather report?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heading to get some food before getting the bus into Dublin . Enjoy the gig everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

murph226 wrote: »

It's intermittently sunny but cloudy in Navan. Grass is very damp. Bring some wellies and a mac and you'll probably be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

In Drogheda the sky is half blue half cloudy. Light breeze. But sunny and warm ATM. Some clouds looking grey enough though. Would pack the rain jacket to be safe.

Looks like we may have got the worst of the weather out of the way last night.

• Advertisement

murph226 wrote: »

This morning was great. Sunny but a bit windy.

Now its a bit cloudier. Hopefully it won't be like last night which was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What time do the gates open if the first act is on at 3?

Girlfriend is on the way up there and is wondering what time they can get in.

Off that. Now the sun is out

Typical four seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

mdwexford wrote: »
    What time do the gates open if the first act is on at 3?

Girlfriend is on the way up there and is wondering what time they can get in.

Gates are open at 3 and first act is on at 3.30

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

statto25 wrote: »
    Gates are open at 3 and first act is on at 3.30

Great thanks.

30 mins doesn't seem like much time to get 30k people in before the music starts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

mdwexford wrote: »
    Great thanks.

30 mins doesn't seem like much time to get 30k people in before the music starts though.

People usually stampede in. gigs never start on time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

In Slane now it's fairly cloudy, a few dark clouds, but blue skies also. Things are drying up at least. Car parks could be an absolute nightmare though!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Word of advice to anyone going today. Even if its sunny now it might'nt be later on.

Got absolutely drowned yesterday at Robbie and was glad of my waterproof jacket and trousers. The weather is so changeable I'd prepare for rain and if its sunny, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Great gig by the jovi, big crowd . To bad about the traffic still in the car park

Great show. Loved the fireworks at the end.

Didnt realise how far we had to walk and missed some of the coronas.

To be honest, I did miss Richie. His vocals make so many songs ESP dry county, blood on blood, I'll be there for you and more. Philx was good but I love RS voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

That was my first Bon Jovi gig and I really enjoyed it. Thought that Slane was better organised than in previous years. Parked in car park 5 and it was less than 30 minute walk. Got out of car park within 15 minutes and drove at a continuous speed to M1. Was surprised at how quick it was. Also, no one charged me parking on way in, but saw signs saying €15 which I thought was a bit of a rip off. The crowd at the gig were upwards of 25 mainly with majority in 30s, do the kids not like BJ?
    The Coronas were good. Hope that everyone else enjoyed it too.

Finally got to a gig in Slane and glad it was Bon Jovi . Felt it took the crowd a bit to warm up but still a great gig and a lot more people there than i expected (id def say 45000/50000 mark)

Had no problem with the transport got from Dublin to Slane in about 40mins id say then the walk (which seemed to go on forever ha) . Missed most of Bressie which i was delighted , Coronas were good and got a decent reception.

Bon Jovi were on form as usual , i thought Phil X was great and even though he is no Sambora i felt he brought a new big of life into the band since he moved around the stage more.

We left just as they started to kick into Livin on a Prayer to head for the bus and glad we did , was back in city centre by 12:10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

We left just as they started to kick into Livin on a Prayer to head for the bus and glad we did , was back in city centre by 12:10

I cannot get this, you left during one of their marquee songs just to get the bus (which I'm sure waited for those who were staying until the end of the gig anyway)? Was Livin on a Prayer part of the encore even?

I cannot get this, you left during one of their marquee songs just to get the bus (which I'm sure waited for those who were staying until the end of the gig anyway)? Was Livin on a Prayer part of the encore even?

To be fair they only had two songs after that. I love this town and Always.

Personally I stayed but I don't care for either song, ESP Always which I think Is just played to cater for the women (me!). It's played at every gig

The walk back to Slane was horrible and very claustrophobic. Luckily I managed to get a bus easy enough into drogheda

frogstar wrote: »
    The walk back to Slane was horrible and very claustrophobic. Luckily I managed to get a bus easy enough into drogheda

Really? I went back through Slane in the crowd, once you got through the gate at the top of the field people panned out more, it was busy, but not claustrophobic. It was very safe, Gardai and security everywhere.

I loved the gig, fantastic atmosphere and the weather stayed reasonably nice the whole time, (except for two nasty showers). It was far more packed than I expected, according to a few of the papers perhaps over 60,000 and I would believe it. I went for Oasis a few years ago and it would nearly have been equal to that in numbers and that was fairly near sold out!

Buses were well organised. No problems getting back to Dublin. It was fantastic. All while 8 and a half months pregnant too :D

I just wanted to beat the rush and didnt want to take the chance of being stuck waiting for a bus for ages . Plus by the time we got from the pit to the top of the field we still got to see/hear Living on a Prayer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭roadmaster

It was defo around the 60k mark. It took us nearly two hours to get out of carpark 2 on the navan road. It was a great nite but u can see where sambora is missed espically on the vocals. Phil x was **** hot have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

Great gig, but the stewards outside at the start hadn't a clue what they were doing. We were all inside a barrier making our way to the entrance, which took ages, for them to open the barrier and let us all out to where others at da very end of da que to jump up front, it was a shambles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Went yesterday at last minute and was on the dry. Had New Jersey, Slippery when wet and blaze of glory when I was younger, dont really like most of the new stuff, but got a good mix yesterday.

Wouldn't be a fan of "It's my life" but like U2's "It's a Beautiful Day" it was a great stadium song. 1st time seeing him and he's a good showman.

Aside from the gig itself, one thing that my eyes were really opened up to yesterday was the outrageous obesity (no stick insect here by far btw!) in the crowd, and the amount of drunken "Zombie-Walkers" (you know that could go any direction walk/stumble/fall) :eek: :eek:. It was probably the age of the Zombie walkers that got me actually, I'd say there's many a husband or wife in the dog house this morning because of the state they were in yesterday!

Saw some guy that was after taking a good hiding on the way to the car park as well, his face was in bits and clearly a zombie walker. Other's were restraining the guy that did it to him who looked like he was very eager to go back for more, claiming that the bloodied guy started on him so "he got his ass served back to him" Gardai were involved. Both guys late 30's.

Great to be back at Slane though, decent weather too

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »
    Aside from the gig itself, one thing that my eyes were really opened up to yesterday was the outrageous obesity (no stick insect here by far btw!) in the crowd, and the amount of drunken "Zombie-Walkers" (you know that could go any direction walk/stumble/fall) :eek: :eek:. It was probably the age of the Zombie walkers that got me actually, I'd say there's many a husband or wife in the dog house this morning because of the state they were in yesterday!

I noticed it too. The amount of men/women drunk on the grass with their significant others severely peed off next to them at all ages was startling. There was one guy I saw when I was walking from the bus to the concert that was being held up by two others and they slapping his face to get him to come round, he was at least 40!!!!! :eek: I tend to rarely drink so I was used to the drunken idiots you see a lot of the time, being heavily pregnant meant yesterday I had to be very careful, but overall a lot safer and less sloppy than other things I have went to, just as you said, shocking to see those acting like teenagers with a key to the parents drink stash were all over 30!

Advertisement