Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desperate for some helpful advice!

Options
  • 25-10-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

Ive been on the internet for weeks trying to get as much info but im still so confused :(

Basically im returning to australia on a holiday visa, after being on a working holiday visa till july this year, iv been back in Ireland since.
    I met my Aus boyfriend the first week i got to aus in August 2011 and we were inseparable since but my visa ran out and i had to return home, due to sh*t cirqumstances i couldnt do the farm work to get the 2nd year visa. we tried defacto sponsership but were rejected as we were only living together for 6months.

they told us we could apply for a marrage visa, but we are sensable people and although we do love each other visa much we know its to soon to think about marrage but will look into it in another year.

so my boyfriend wants me to come over to him on a holiday visa, but i dont know which one to get. we are spending alot of money on this idea so the month one isnt an option as i dont want to return to ireland with my tail between my legs in 3months and be back to square one.
    i see there is a 6month one? nut it requires 6900 dollars in bank acc, and i aint going to have that kind of money by the time i leave. my partner is willing to support me whilst im there, as we both know we have to sarcafice alot to get the end result we want living together.
    does anyone know if i get the 3month hol visa can i extend it while im in aus and get another one? i basically looking for visa advice to be honest, sorry this thread has been so long but i would really appreciate some help if anyone has any to give.

thanks all :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

seahells24 wrote: »

they told us we could apply for a marrage visa, but we are sensable people and although we do love each other visa much we know its to soon to think about marrage but will look into it in another year.
    Hahahaha

Em why not just get someone eg your boyfriend, parent, brother/sister to put the outstanding balance needed for the six month visa into your account and then you can transfer it back into their account after you have entered the country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seahells24

visa stuck in the head.

Thought of that, but i dont come from a family where they have the funds to even give it to me for just the bank statement purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Have you tried ringing immigration? They could tell you for definite.

Any chance you could get him to move to NZ, you could get a WHV for there, live together for the year then you'd have a better chance of defacto?

Or get him to move to Ireland ? Thats what the girlfriend did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seahells24

we have went through all other options above. but he is now in a job earning 1600 a week.. moving from aus is not an option for him, he has debt to clear andwith what hes finally earning now it looks like he can clear it, moving to another place will be an option when this is done!

• Advertisement

If you have the funds for a 3 month holiday visa immigration are going to go through your finances with a fine tooth comb if you reapply for another 3 month holiday visa. So how are you going to show you have the funds to support yourself for the other 3 month visa.

My advice (and im not saying your going to like it) is to wait for three months get the money together and then go for a 3 or 6 month visa. Then you can reapply for defacto.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eoindoyle_syd

Go over on a student visa. A vocational course like a Cert III or Cert IV. They have them in Business, Accounting, Fitness, Massage, etc. You can get a 1 year visa or more. Live together. After a year apply for de-facto. You can also legally work 20hrs per week to help fund studies since most courses are 2 days per week. Easy!

The biggest issue is the cost of the course. Between $3k-$5k probably. You only have to pay some upfront and maybe fund the rest by working or assistance.

You would be likely be questioned on a "tourist" visa and the only way they would grant that is if you had more than adequate funds. Only an reputable migration agent could answer that. Dep of IMMI will not be helpful if you call.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gazmc18

Go over on a student visa. A vocational course like a Cert III or Cert IV. They have them in Business, Accounting, Fitness, Massage, etc. You can get a 1 year visa or more. Live together. After a year apply for de-facto. You can also legally work 20hrs per week to help fund studies since most courses are 2 days per week. Easy!

The biggest issue is the cost of the course. Between $3k-$5k probably. You only have to pay some upfront and maybe fund the rest by working or assistance.

You would be likely be questioned on a "tourist" visa and the only way they would grant that is if you had more than adequate funds. Only an reputable migration agent could answer that. Dep of IMMI will not be helpful if you call.
    My partner originally came over on a six month tourist visa.never got asked any questions etc.once you don't work its fine.
    The student visa thing will work out a lot more expensive than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eoindoyle_syd

gazmc18 wrote: »
    My partner originally came over on a six month tourist visa.never got asked any questions etc.once you don't work its fine

Well I guess that counts as "adequate funds". You can support your partner financially. I know others who were rejected so having "access" to adequate funds is key. If you cant get adequate funds they believe you will breach your visa conditions and work.

gazmc18 wrote: »
    The student visa thing will work out a lot more expensive than you think

Is it expensive, yes!
    But I only quoted course fee cost, $3-5k depending on the course. Add another $550 for student visa + a few hundred for health insurance. I know because I did it. It would work out cheaper than a tourist visa given you can work 20hrs a week and you have the potential of 6mts +.

Just giving options.

Advertisement