Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you do when you feel alone?

• 25-10-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Right now I feel like crap. There's work that needs to be done but I'm both too stupid to be capable of finishing it to a passing grade and too depressed to have the energy to even try. There's basically no one to really talk with, confession will only make things worse and shit's pretty bleak. I'm like that other rabbit in the Energizer ads.

This is here instead of PI because After Hours gives better advice, plus it's funnier which is nice.

So what do you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

take those pills Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Go for a nice long walk/run !! you sound like you need some fresh air :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I film myself lying down on the floor for all the internet to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Fap.

But make sure you're definetely alone first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Just quit, thats what i would do, i'm a quitter, when the going gets tough i get quitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Baby steps joe. Stop looking at the mountain of work that needs to be done. You will always think you cant or dread it. Do one bit at a time and you will get through it.

With regards to the other stuff Joe there is always somebody to talk to. Even when we dont realise it people out there love us and want to help us. If you honestly feel there is nobody like that for you (and i know there is) then samaratans are always there.

And if a laugh will help.....why did the ghost cross the road?????

To get to the other side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Can we not help you complete your work?

Post up the question, await answers then, copy n paste :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Are you on your meds?

When I feel alone - god I dunno.
    Talk to people online I guess - coz it's too hard to talk to people in rl when I'm depressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

It's a critical analysis of a radio documentary, and I have no clue how to stretch out an answer that takes one sentence to sum it up. I don't want it done for me, I just want it done.

What you need is a clear plastic binder.

http://www.planetizen.com/files/u23372/calvin.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Spend more time then I'd like in places such as after hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Steal a few mannequins from Dunnes for your sitting room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hate being bi-polar, its great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Maybe instead of lying face down on the floor for an hour you should study or play games online or something a bit more fruitful or enjoyable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Joe are you always this needy? Go for a nice walk, fresh air will do you good, when you get back have a nice mug of tea and a bar of chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I talk to a friend, play music, go for a walk. If you don't/can't do the first 2, go for a walk. I find it always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

anncoates wrote: »
    Steal a few mannequins from Dunnes for your sitting room.
    and sex them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Life is sh;t and then you die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It's a critical analysis of a radio documentary, and I have no clue how to stretch out an answer that takes one sentence to sum it up. I don't want it done for me, I just want it done.

Put the radio documentary on your ipod, listen to it while you're playing xbox or something that's fun but not too taxing on the brain, and every time the documentary says something you either agree with, or disagree with, pause the game and write it down. You could listen to the documentary a bunch of times and it won't even feel like work.

That assignment will write itself just giving the reaons for your opinions with a few supporting references to justify your opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Isn't this what saying 'fuck it' and going to the pub are for?

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Get a "Teach yourself Norwegian" book and go online to this web site, where you can buy lots of products to help you enjoy yourself when you're alone ("dukker" means "dolls" and "uppblåsbar" means "inflatable")::D:D:D

http://www.kondomeriet.no/side/dukker/9072831

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Right now I feel like crap. There's work that needs to be done but I'm both too stupid to be capable of finishing it to a passing grade and too depressed to have the energy to even try. There's basically no one to really talk with, confession will only make things worse and shit's pretty bleak. I'm like that other rabbit in the Energizer ads.

This is here instead of PI because After Hours gives better advice, plus it's funnier which is nice.

So what do you do?
    I know how you feel my friend. Go do sonething different for an hour, preferably outside and amongst other people. Go back to it later when your head clears. Stop being so hard on yourself too, theres plenty people who'll bring you down in this world without doing it to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Nothing better than listen to tunes on your Mp3 player, a few beers and off ya go. You're not harming or disturbing anyone, although anyone that hears you sing with no music in the background might think you're a bit unhinged. But, at that stage, the beer has done its job and I stop caring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

So what do you do?

Ok, you clearly need to see a professional.

:p

Seriously though, go for a walk, even a swim if there's a place nearby. Any physical activity will pick you up. The thoughts of doing it are the worst part, but once you're back from it you'll feel ten times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

So what do you do?

sorry but it sounds like you enjoy feeling sorry for yourself. you're letting a medical condition control you, even your username here, why not learn to control it instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

do some kind of exercise/sport that is so physically demanding that it takes your mind off everything else and gives you a break. there are hundreds of sports and different kinds of exercise so theres no excuses. probably nobody here will give you any advice you havent already heard

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

So what do you do?

If you feel alone you should get in touch with a friend or family member.

If you're struggling with your college work maybe there's someone on your course you could drop a line too, maybe even a lecturer.

The suggestions of physical activity are also good. Even a thirty minute walk listening to some of your favourite music can help clear the head a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So what do you do?

Try running.when i'm restless and have things on my mind I go for a run with my iPod listening to good playlist.as the miles build up behind me,my mind zones out and when I'm finished I feel much better.I call it the 'forest gump' technique!it does wonders for the mind and a great by product is that you get fitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sit in the shower crying while I rock back and forth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

get drunk and kick cats.Does wonders for stress:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Poor Joe xx

A walk isn't the worst idea you know. Could blow your cobwebs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Usually have a cry-****.

To be fair, I'm rarely alone these days anyway. No cry-**** for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Enjoy my own company as best I can and think how lucky I am not to be trapped down a mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

I like to go Doon Toon myself...

YURT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Cill94

If you're feeling alone then, logically, talking to other people about it is the thing to do.

If I'm bummed out I usually listen to music, draw, write about it etc. All great art is born out of suffering, etc. :P

Going for a walk in a quiet setting helps too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

smurgen wrote: »

Try running.when i'm restless and have things on my mind I go for a run with my iPod listening to good playlist.as the miles build up behind me,my mind zones out and when I'm finished I feel much better.I call it the 'forest gump' technique!it does wonders for the mind and a great by product is that you get fitter.
    I was always told you should never run away from your problems. Also whenever I run I feel like something is chasing me. Wait, and I meant I only run when something
    is chasing me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Akrasia wrote: »
    I was always told you should never run away from your problems. Also whenever I run I feel like something is chasing me. Wait, and I meant I only run when something
    is chasing me

For ages I thought something was chasing me too.
    Turns out it was just my shadow.
    You should run at night - solves that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

stick a cucumber up your schving schving

great fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I remind myself how much better than everyone I am by reading my classmates' moronic Twitter updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Some great advise there joe and if I may summarise it seems you should go running naked while masturbating and listening to your iPod somewhere there are a lot of other people around. Can't see how it can fail to be honest .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

phasers wrote: »
    I remind myself how much better than everyone I am by reading my classmates' moronic Twitter updates

If you were better than them you wouldnt be on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Download Burpsuite, modify http headers and try thank your own post on boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You know, sometimes its not funny to try to be funny on threads like this.

And sometimes someone trying to be funny can make all the difference in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Chucken wrote: »

I'd agree Chucken but OP said he'd like some funny replies, hopefully some have been just that, in his eyes at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Chucken wrote: »
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dance like a looper in my room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'd agree Chucken but OP said he'd like some funny replies, hopefully some have been just that, in his eyes at least.

Ok, fair enough :)

I dont like the thoughts of anyone feeling alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I am almost always alone, so to suggest what to do might be natural to me but not to you... so a good compromise could be... get a few cans, get drunk and give hell to internet idiots.. thats my hobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hope you're feeling okay today Joe. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement