Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kegs

Options
  • 25-10-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

iv been looking at kegs now and the 2 that caught my eye are the king keg top tap, and rotokeg top tap.

my questions are

can any of these be used for cider?

if anyone has used any of these for cider how did they find em?

if both can be used for cider is there much of a difference between them besides price?

which one would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

Cornelius kegs are probably the best option for the home brewer.
    I've never used any of the other kinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

chris2286 wrote: »
    iv been looking at kegs now and the 2 that caught my eye are the king keg top tap, and rotokeg top tap.

my questions are

can any of these be used for cider?

if anyone has used any of these for cider how did they find em?

if both can be used for cider is there much of a difference between them besides price?

which one would you go for?
    I have about 4 KingKegs I do not use.If you are close to Meath/Louth you are more than welcome to use them and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭chris2286

Ratsathome wrote: »
    I have about 4 KingKegs I do not use.If you are close to Meath/Louth you are more than welcome to use them and see for yourself.

cheers mate im down the very south on the coast line ha ha but since you dont use them im thinking its a bad sign or did you find better ones maybe you could fill me in with?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭chris2286

Cornelius kegs are probably the best option for the home brewer.
    I've never used any of the other kinds.

thanks im gonna google them right now

Ratsathome wrote: »

If you're looking at giving them away I'd gladly take them off your hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

chris2286 wrote: »
    cheers mate im down the very south on the coast line ha ha but since you dont use them im thinking its a bad sign or did you find better ones maybe you could fill me in with?
    I bought them with other brewing stuff from guys that sold their stuff.I used them twice and moved to cornies because you can't use them on a bar/kegerator setup.

Advertisement