Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants / bars worth a visit

Options
  • 25-10-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Bf and I are staying in Kilkenny city for a few nights next week, just wondering if anyone had any restaurant recommendations. Nothing too formal or fancy, but still nice. Also are there any good bars (we'd prefer quieter ones with good atmosphere rather than club-type places).
    I remember eating in both Langtons and Paris Texas as a child, are either of those nice, or even still there?
    Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Hi guys,
    Bf and I are staying in Kilkenny city for a few nights next week, just wondering if anyone had any restaurant recommendations. Nothing too formal or fancy, but still nice. Also are there any good bars (we'd prefer quieter ones with good atmosphere rather than club-type places).
    I remember eating in both Langtons and Paris Texas as a child, are either of those nice, or even still there?
    Thanks a mil!

Langtons and Paris Texas are both still there. Langtons would be good for food, I wouldn't be keen on Paris Texas though.
    Campagne restaurant is supposed to be top notch although I've never been there myself.

Left bank is nice for a drink, can be bedlam in there on sat nights but its massive, plenty of quiete spots in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

You should try the Marble City Bar (owned by Langtons also) - the food there is very good. Yindees and Little Italy are other good places. The Dylan Bar on John St and Tynans Bridge house are good pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Tynans would be a nice non club type bar.
    Italian connection aint bad or little italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emmahs

Have been eating in the Algarve grill recently they do nice chicken piri piri and steaks very inexpensive . I like the blue bar or Cleeres for a drink stroll around Kilkenny and you will find lots of nice places to eat and drink :) Enjoy Kilkenny it's a great place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Lautrecs does lovely food and a nice range of good food on their early bird menu. Myself and the missus love going in there. Id link you their website address only its seems to be not working all to well at the moment.

Advertisement